Legacy GT v 350Z - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Legacy GT v 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by YBNormal07 I hear ya man. I still remember when the 350Z forum kept posting videos of a ...

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I hear ya man. I still remember when the 350Z forum kept posting videos of a slightly modded 350Z just killing stock and stage 2 STi's. I called shenanigans on their forum and asked any one of them to meet me at the track for proof (I had my STi at that time). Needless to say, there was a lot of bs'ing going on but no one would step up to the plate...including the owner of the 350Z who was posting the videos.

I also remember the Nissan salesman who couldn't believe me when after test driving a 350Z Track edition I said the 350Z was too slow. He also said it would beat an STi. While taking him for a spirited drive in the STi (stage 2 at that point) he asked me to pull over so he could hurl. Ok...maybe I was hammering it pretty hard, but I just wanted to prove a point.

I love the 350Z looks, but I'll take FI anyday over looks.

I didn't jump into this thread to start anything. I think I may be straying off topic as well, so sorry in advance.

I have never had any races with an STI from a dig but i did race one from a roll. From 40mph to 90mph (i know, short) I was slowly pulling away from him. We hit traffic and that was that. I know the STI is considerably faster in the 1/4 mile than the Z. My Z was stock and I'm sure he had intake and exhaust, just kidding , of course he was stock either that or severly handicapped.

To add, judging by the way funboy was driving, he was a tool indeed.

I took what I thought was a stock STI for a test drive one time and boy was I blown away. The guy told me it had warranty blablabla..
    This thing was a monster, much faster than anything I've driven before. I was so excited I never checked the boost gauge to see what it was running at. I did find a Utec map selector and Utec manual in the glove. I don't know much about STIs or modding either so popping the hood really didn't do too much for me. All I could think about was how my slow ass Z is so slow assed.

I must be nice to get noticable power gains without breaking the bank.

To YBNormal, 350Z looks wear after you have every d!psh!t in a two door try to egg you on, now I crave FI.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sludge View Post
    I didn't jump into this thread to start anything. I think I may be straying off topic as well, so sorry in advance.

I have never had any races with an STI from a dig but i did race one from a roll. From 40mph to 90mph (i know, short) I was slowly pulling away from him. We hit traffic and that was that. I know the STI is considerably faster in the 1/4 mile than the Z. My Z was stock and I'm sure he had intake and exhaust, just kidding , of course he was stock either that or severly handicapped.

To add, judging by the way funboy was driving, he was a tool indeed.

I took what I thought was a stock STI for a test drive one time and boy was I blown away. The guy told me it had warranty blablabla..
    This thing was a monster, much faster than anything I've driven before. I was so excited I never checked the boost gauge to see what it was running at. I did find a Utec map selector and Utec manual in the glove. I don't know much about STIs or modding either so popping the hood really didn't do too much for me. All I could think about was how my slow ass Z is so slow assed.

I must be nice to get noticable power gains without breaking the bank.

To YBNormal, 350Z looks wear after you have every d!psh!t in a two door try to egg you on, now I crave FI.
    Wow...first time I've heard that perspective from a Z owner. I can totally relate to everyone and their momma trying to race...it's one of the reasons I traded in the STi. Just too much attention at the wrong times.

I do know that I was a bit surprised at the results, as I had heard others say that a 350Z is VERY good from a rolling start. Like yourself though, to me, it just doesnt feel as fast. The linear torque curve has a lot to do with the "feel".

At least your clutch is decent. The stock LGT clutch is horrible for launching. For longevity though, I guess it's doing fine with 80K on the ODO.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

sleepers rule

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Wow...first time I've heard that perspective from a Z owner. I can totally relate to everyone and their momma trying to race...it's one of the reasons I traded in the STi. Just too much attention at the wrong times.

I do know that I was a bit surprised at the results, as I had heard others say that a 350Z is VERY good from a rolling start. Like yourself though, to me, it just doesnt feel as fast. The linear torque curve has a lot to do with the "feel".

At least your clutch is decent. The stock LGT clutch is horrible for launching. For longevity though, I guess it's doing fine with 80K on the ODO.
    I do love my 350Z - it's bone stock and a pleasure to drive. Very intuitive and forgiving, and the torque starts pretty low - roughly 3200-5800 rpms seems to be the "sweet spot", which is not hard to stay in with the ratios in the 6-speed. I have a friend with a G35 which has the 300hp/260tq, and we've swapped keys and gone for rides to compare - my 287hp/274tq has alot more pull at 2000-4000 rpms than his does. Granted, they are slightly different cars, but I just figured I would throw my findings into the thread.

That being said, my WRX is as good or better than my 350Z in just about every aspect. Better mileage, faster from a dig(no Sugar Honey Ice Tea), and from a roll as well. Handling is comparable, and considering the 17"s on the Z and the 16"s on the WRX - I'd say that's pretty good. I get alot of people trying to get me to race them when I drive the Z. It can be fun, it can also be annoying.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Do a 3.9 final drive swap on your Z. Trust me you'll like it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    You did it? What's the jump in SPEED:RPM's like?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    You did it? What's the jump in SPEED:RPM's like?
    Yeah I got the car back with the nismo lsd and 3.9fd yesterday. It pulls a lot harder all the way through, its a pretty big difference. 80mph is about 3400 rpmwith the 3.9, generally any given speed with the standard 3.5 is is about 300-400 rpms higher or so with the 3.9. Top speed should still be higher than the electronic limiter.

It probably hurts gas mileage a bit with a lot of freeway driving, but around town you can usually go a gear higher if you want.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 08-01-2007 at 08:23 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I've had the 3.917 FD sitting in my bloody garage waiting for install for about 2 months now. Getting really pissed with the installer as he isn't making time for me. I guess engine builds trump measily pumpkin rebuilds.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Yeah I got the car back with the nismo lsd and 3.9fd yesterday. It pulls a lot harder all the way through, its a pretty big difference. 80mph is about 3400 rpmwith the 3.9, generally any given speed with the standard 3.5 is is about 300-400 rpms higher or so with the 3.9. Top speed should still be higher than the electronic limiter.

It probably hurts gas mileage a bit with a lot of freeway driving, but around town you can usually go a gear higher if you want.
    What'd you pay for everything plus installation? Definitely sounds like a worthy mod for the Z.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.