Legacy GT v 350Z - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Legacy GT v 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dbrunone Hehehe. Gotta love the 07/08 Spec.B, with a smoother-than-STI 6MT with taller 5th and 6th gears ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrunone View Post
    Hehehe. Gotta love the 07/08 Spec.B, with a smoother-than-STI 6MT with taller 5th and 6th gears :-). Also, the STI longblock. In 95 degree weather, I got 30.4mpg going from Atlanta to Charleston, its so awesome. And with a DP and tune, you can get 320hp/340tq out of it with even more gas mileage. This car sure sold me.
    Wow...I didn't know the Spec B got that kind of mileage. Hmmmm...maybe I found my next car......

I've done that exact trip a number of times when I had my SVX. What mileage did you get on the return trip? I always got better mileage to charleston than to atlanta due to the basically downhill slope all the way to sea level.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I will likely wait till 08 and see what the new crop of diesels brings to the table. Gimme torque baby!!
    I would be all over a Subaru turbo diesel like stink on ****.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    I would be all over a Subaru turbo diesel like stink on ****.
    You and me both. Maybe 40 mpg, 250 ft/lbs and AWD. Thats my kind of ride. Screw high RPMs...gimme torque!!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

You and me both. Maybe 40 mpg, 250 ft/lbs and AWD. Thats my kind of ride. Screw high RPMs...gimme torque!!!
    If they offered that in a Forester I would be at the dealer tomorrow.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX

Smile

Just thought I'd share.
    Cliff notes:
    Tool in a 350Z gets his butt handed to him by a family sedan.
    Hopefully the tool will be a bit more respectfull of Subaru's after this.
    That's great. I hate people like.

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    It seems that nitrous bottles - two of the big ones, to be precise - are associated with disintegration of floorboards. Double clutching, as one should, as well as judicious use of a laptop during a race will enable one to avoid this dreaded catastrophe and maintain respect.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Wow...I didn't know the Spec B got that kind of mileage. Hmmmm...maybe I found my next car......

I've done that exact trip a number of times when I had my SVX. What mileage did you get on the return trip? I always got better mileage to charleston than to atlanta due to the basically downhill slope all the way to sea level.
    Yeah I got about 28.5 from Charleston to ATL and 30.4 on the way back, with cruise set to 75 both ways. This is a grrrreat road trippin car.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    LGT..smoother ride (by far), much quieter, basically more luxurious than the STi. Better gas mileage too. (25 mpg in summer with cruise set at 78) Everybody and their brother doesn't want to race you either.

STi tranny shifts better, but there is a lot more shifting (good thing/bad thing).

I went with the LGT as my long distance commutes were getting tiresome bouncing around in the STi. Basically, I wasn't getting any performance benefit using it as a commuter car. Now with the LGT I can cruise in relative comfort and with a moderate stage 2 package, pretty much have no concerns with most cars on road when it comes to passing.

It is also pretty stealthy as I've been in situations where I would have for sure gotten an ticket in the STi, and the po-po didn't even blink at my Legacy.

My only complaint is it leans in the corners, but then, all Subaru's in stock form do this too. The LGT just does it a bit more than the STi. The Legacy appears to be holding resale value OK, but nowhere near as good as the STi.

I'm actually debating trading in the Legacy for something with some better gas mileage, but I can't quite get over the performance/semi-luxury package the LGT provides vs a lot of other much more expensive cars. Obviously to get better mileage, I'll have to give up something. I will likely wait till 08 and see what the new crop of diesels brings to the table. Gimme torque baby!!
    I'm too chicken to go Stage 2 in the '06 WRX because of all the broken 3rd gear threads on here and NASIOC. The LGT doesn't seem to have the same flaws, then again no where near as many people have them. I will definitely be getting either an STI or LGT within a year or two...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

My only complaint is it leans in the corners, but then, all Subaru's in stock form do this too. The LGT just does it a bit more than the STi. The Legacy appears to be holding resale value OK, but nowhere near as good as the STi.
    The way I look at it from expirience is that the lean is not necessarly a bad thing in the WRX. When I had no suspension work on my car the car would lean alot, however it still held the corners well, I made a mockery of my friend's IS 300 on upstate roads when I took 2 heavy corners and came out fine while he almost smacked into the guard rail becasue his car understeered and then heavly oversteered when he was trying to correct, from all things, even though its a RWD (it may have something to do with the fact that he also has re92 rubber from the factory). Now, that my car leans much less, I found, that I have less fun on that twisty road becasue even though the car doesn't lean, its still limited by the amount of grip it has through the tires. That coupled with the fact that at stg 2 it picks up speed so much, you really have to watch out for overcooking the corner where previously that wasn't a concern. So even though the car leans the handeling is still there, the car and driver article on the legacy also said that even though the car leans alot, it still grips the road rather well.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    The way I look at it from expirience is that the lean is not necessarly a bad thing in the WRX. When I had no suspension work on my car the car would lean alot, however it still held the corners well, I made a mockery of my friend's IS 300 on upstate roads when I took 2 heavy corners and came out fine while he almost smacked into the guard rail becasue his car understeered and then heavly oversteered when he was trying to correct, from all things, even though its a RWD (it may have something to do with the fact that he also has re92 rubber from the factory). Now, that my car leans much less, I found, that I have less fun on that twisty road becasue even though the car doesn't lean, its still limited by the amount of grip it has through the tires. That coupled with the fact that at stg 2 it picks up speed so much, you really have to watch out for overcooking the corner where previously that wasn't a concern. So even though the car leans the handeling is still there, the car and driver article on the legacy also said that even though the car leans alot, it still grips the road rather well.
    Yes, the wheel hop of teh RE92's sux0rZz. I thought it handled great stock (brand new = springs still very stiff). After awhile the springs loosened up a little and I took a turn the way I used to (rather fast) and almost went up the curb.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    I can't complain about the level of grip, especially if I have my RE070s on. The issue I have with the leaning or yaw is the weight transition makes the car unsettled, which you have to account for by giving it a beat or two to stabilize from one transition to another.

I may put on some Bilstiens' if I ever need them just to see the difference.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I hear what you are saying, do you use the car on the track? Since I never do get a chance to do any kind of racing that is not a problem for me, however I can see how it would be annoying at the track. On a normal twisty, I think it doesn't come into play so much since the turns are usually some what spaced out so the suspension has the time to equalize some what before each turn. I have to say though, this weekend I had a lot of fun upstate NY. I took a midnight run to pickup some beer and I had to slow way down for my wife becasue she couldn't take the g forces any more on the way back to the house, fun times.

Kartboy short shifter

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    I hear what you are saying, do you use the car on the track? Since I never do get a chance to do any kind of racing that is not a problem for me, however I can see how it would be annoying at the track. On a normal twisty, I think it doesn't come into play so much since the turns are usually some what spaced out so the suspension has the time to equalize some what before each turn. I have to say though, this weekend I had a lot of fun upstate NY. I took a midnight run to pickup some beer and I had to slow way down for my wife becasue she couldn't take the g forces any more on the way back to the house, fun times.
    With no traffic, every on ramp, off ramp, and combination of turns quickly becomes a track environment.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

With no traffic, every on ramp, off ramp, and combination of turns quickly becomes a track environment.

+1
    and the other cars on the road are like cones....
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Yes well I guess you and me have similar driving styles although from all of the bashing on this site about how not safe driving fast is, I am hesitant to admit that. Like I said, my wife could take no more when I took her for a drive this past weekend on the country roads, most of the time the traffic sucks in the city though, so I get no satifcation of the sorts until I get to upstate NY.

Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    +1
    and the other cars on the road are like cones....
    Yeah that kind of driving doesn't satisfy me any longer and it never actually did even when I was much younger, I usually do go around people but when there is still enough space, I hate to cut anyone off on the highway. Some people drive like asses and weave in and out as if they were driving through a slalom.

Kartboy short shifter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast