Legacy GT v 350Z - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Legacy GT v 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I heard about the manifold. Whats this about the floorboards?...

I Support ClubWRX
    I heard about the manifold. Whats this about the floorboards?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I heard about the manifold. Whats this about the floorboards?
    It seems that nitrous bottles - two of the big ones, to be precise - are associated with disintegration of floorboards. Double clutching, as one should, as well as judicious use of a laptop during a race will enable one to avoid this dreaded catastrophe and maintain respect.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I hear ya man. I still remember when the 350Z forum kept posting videos of a slightly modded 350Z just killing stock and stage 2 STi's. I called shenanigans on their forum and asked any one of them to meet me at the track for proof (I had my STi at that time).
    Do you remeber what Z forum it was. I bet it was my350Z.com. That place is like nasioc but less intelligent and less friendly.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    It seems that nitrous bottles - two of the big ones, to be precise - are associated with disintegration of floorboards. Double clutching, as one should, as well as judicious use of a laptop during a race will enable one to avoid this dreaded catastrophe and maintain respect.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Do you remeber what Z forum it was. I bet it was my350Z.com. That place is like nasioc but less intelligent and less friendly.
    could have been. The old thread is somewhere on this board...probably archived.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

the leggy had the driver mod. everyone knows "u'll smoke um" in any nissan powered car. just watch the F&F. over rated sports car FTL!
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Meh I think every entry level performance car gets a bit "over rated" even the WRX and the almighty SRT-4. These are common first performance cars so the people driving them have a new found sense of speed and suddenly think they can beat everything and it never occurs to them that that Subaru "family car" might have a good deal of work done to it. Their all good cars for the price but I think the boasting of the owners sometimes leaves everyone expecting more than they ever really were. I wouldn't be embarrassed to loose to a stage 2 LGT.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 07-25-2007 at 11:45 AM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

LOL

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Hmm, I love the LGT. I still can't make up my mind though, certified used '07 STI or LGT? Obviously, you've had both...what made you go with the LGT?

I know chances of an LGT being abused are much less than an STI's. But then again the STI is the one with the bulletproof, smooth as butter 6-speed...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I know chances of an LGT being abused are much less than an STI's. But then again the STI is the one with the bulletproof, smooth as butter 6-speed...
    Hehe...not where shifting is concerned. It has quite a gated, notchy feel that requires you to man handle it if you are shifting quick.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

uh, the sti 6speed feels similar to the wrx 5 speed

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by momolicious View Post
    uh, the sti 6speed feels similar to the wrx 5 speed
    I think it feels quite a bit different. Not what I'd call smooth like a BMW transmission, but it has a more precise, solid feel. The WRX tranny feels more rough and mechanical.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    LGT..smoother ride (by far), much quieter, basically more luxurious than the STi. Better gas mileage too. (25 mpg in summer with cruise set at 78) Everybody and their brother doesn't want to race you either.

STi tranny shifts better, but there is a lot more shifting (good thing/bad thing).

I went with the LGT as my long distance commutes were getting tiresome bouncing around in the STi. Basically, I wasn't getting any performance benefit using it as a commuter car. Now with the LGT I can cruise in relative comfort and with a moderate stage 2 package, pretty much have no concerns with most cars on road when it comes to passing.

It is also pretty stealthy as I've been in situations where I would have for sure gotten an ticket in the STi, and the po-po didn't even blink at my Legacy.

My only complaint is it leans in the corners, but then, all Subaru's in stock form do this too. The LGT just does it a bit more than the STi. The Legacy appears to be holding resale value OK, but nowhere near as good as the STi.

I'm actually debating trading in the Legacy for something with some better gas mileage, but I can't quite get over the performance/semi-luxury package the LGT provides vs a lot of other much more expensive cars. Obviously to get better mileage, I'll have to give up something. I will likely wait till 08 and see what the new crop of diesels brings to the table. Gimme torque baby!!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Way to put him in his place
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Hmm, I love the LGT. I still can't make up my mind though, certified used '07 STI or LGT? Obviously, you've had both...what made you go with the LGT?

Hehehe. Gotta love the 07/08 Spec.B, with a smoother-than-STI 6MT with taller 5th and 6th gears :-). Also, the STI longblock. In 95 degree weather, I got 30.4mpg going from Atlanta to Charleston, its so awesome. And with a DP and tune, you can get 320hp/340tq out of it with even more gas mileage. This car sure sold me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast