Guys! Need help deciding! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Guys! Need help deciding! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dcwake lol the 350z w/ a turbo was a joke. but yea, i have my heart set ...

Quote Originally Posted by dcwake View Post
    lol the 350z w/ a turbo was a joke. but yea, i have my heart set on a wrx right now. i'm not even thinking about getting an STi, im right on doing that right?
    that depends.......... if you can afford the sti then it is usually worth it. the wrx should be more than sufficient though.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh. well the used STi's arnt to much. but they are usually abused and the insurance is killer!

If you can get an sti do it, they have alot of advantages over the wrx, but a nice stage 2 wrx is a beast. Stage 2 wrx~13.5 Stage 2 STi~12.5. I like the MS3 but to me it just ain't as cool as the wrx and has a smaller aftermarket. Get a 06-07 wrx or a 2005 sti and have alot of fun.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    If you can get an sti do it, they have alot of advantages over the wrx, but a nice stage 2 wrx is a beast. Stage 2 wrx~13.5 Stage 2 STi~12.5. I like the MS3 but to me it just ain't as cool as the wrx and has a smaller aftermarket. Get a 06-07 wrx or a 2005 sti and have alot of fun.
    OK! thanks, but how should i check for signs of abuse on a STi? for example, i read that on a eclipse if u hold the clutch, turn left then release the clutch if it sticks ur gonna need a rebuild sometime soon.

Red face

But here is the problem: The power i'm going from is around 89HP stock on my mirage, i prob have a cyl. where oil is getting into it and i'm maybe getting around 60~70. to a car that has: WRX-220HP or a STi-300HP. i mean i dont think i'll have too much of a problem with a WRX becuase i drove cars like that many times(friends). And this is going to be my daily driver so a STi might be a bit to stiff? But do you guys think that i'll be asking for trouble with that much of a power booost? thats kinda like comparing a turtle to a rabbit, except the turtle isnt going to win lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.