Guys! Need help deciding! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Guys! Need help deciding! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just cant do it! the wrx is so nice and all packed up in a very nice shape! but ...

Thumbs down

I just cant do it! the wrx is so nice and all packed up in a very nice shape! but the GTO is so big and bulky and has the HUGE door! and the V8 problem with the gas. So does the new 2.5 motor use alot more gas then the old 2.0?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It definately uses more gas, but not a whole lot more. Maybe you'll lose 10-20 miles at most. I have an 06, and i usually get around 280-300 miles per tank on half city/half highway. My friend with a 2002 gets about 300-320 for the same kinda driving. But the extra power of the 2.5 litre makes it all worth it
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal_wrx View Post
    It definately uses more gas, but not a whole lot more. Maybe you'll lose 10-20 miles at most. I have an 06, and i usually get around 280-300 miles per tank on half city/half highway. My friend with a 2002 gets about 300-320 for the same kinda driving. But the extra power of the 2.5 litre makes it all worth it
    ok, thanks!

Why not get a TWIN TUBRO SUPRA? RELIABLE(if it's mostly stock) + POWER

Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you're filthy rich and have a few cars, buy the Mazda. If not, get a WRX. If it's really your third year driving, get a 2.5i.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    If you're filthy rich and have a few cars, buy the Mazda. If not, get a WRX. If it's really your third year driving, get a 2.5i.
    lol. i'm not filthy rich. and i'm not getting a supra for the fact that i wont be able to find one, even harder to find a stock one. But my heart and soul has always been for somthing with a turbo, The first time i drove my freinds TT NSX and i heard the twins spool up i knew it was love. But that bastard didnt let me steal his car :*( lol.

If you want the car to be turbo then focus on the WRX/MS3.

The MS3 is faster, brakes better, handles better, nice interior, etc... Wins in just about everything except the FWD thingy, but seeing as you get no snow I would SERIOUSLY consider one over a wrx.

Also, another good option (if you have the cash) would be to get a used IS300 ($16,000) and drop a good $6k on a turbo and supporting mods. Turbo IS300's are amazingly fun cars.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 07-26-2007 at 01:35 AM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    If you want the car to be turbo then focus on the WRX/MS3.

The MS3 is faster, brakes better, handles better, nice interior, etc... Wins in just about everything except the FWD thingy, but seeing as you get no snow I would SERIOUSLY consider one over a wrx.

Also, another good option (if you have the cash) would be to get a used IS300 ($16,000) and drop a good $6k on a turbo and supporting mods. Turbo IS300's are amazingly fun cars.
    ok thanks for the info! i'll read up on the MS3, if only it was RWD or AWD! but i dont think i'm gonna go with the lexus becuase dropping 6k on a car is just not for me right now. i will def think about getting a stage 2 on my car. can somebody tell me how much that would cost?

Just like all of the above have said, stay away from the RX-7! My buddy had one he bought back in '95 slightly used, he had it for three months. Drove it for three days, and spent the rest of the time at the dealership and was traded in there. At 19k miles the engine had already been replaced and gone thru 4 new turbos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by dcwake View Post
    ok thanks for the info! i'll read up on the MS3, if only it was RWD or AWD! but i dont think i'm gonna go with the lexus becuase dropping 6k on a car is just not for me right now. i will def think about getting a stage 2 on my car. can somebody tell me how much that would cost?
    Depends on the route you take.

If you go with XPT map and used exhaust it can be as cheap as $500.

If you go new and top of the line exhaust + cobb EM it can cost as much as $1,500.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by twoturbos View Post
    Just like all of the above have said, stay away from the RX-7! My buddy had one he bought back in '95 slightly used, he had it for three months. Drove it for three days, and spent the rest of the time at the dealership and was traded in there. At 19k miles the engine had already been replaced and gone thru 4 new turbos.
    WOW! that is horrible!!!! and about the stage 2, how much gas mileage will it burn? like a ball park estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by dcwake View Post
    WOW! that is horrible!!!! and about the stage 2, how much gas mileage will it burn? like a ball park estimate.
    I got the same gas mileage as being stock on my '03. The only difference is, you're on the pedal more b/c of the increase of power! I'd average about 300 miles on my wrx, driving very conservatively. Now my new Civic, I fill up for 30 bucks, and get about 430 miles on a tank, but it's slow as hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

I think you're asking for trouble going from a Mitsubishi Mirage DE to something with the amount of power you're looking for. A stockish WRX is fine, but a turbo'd 350Z?
    2006 WRX TR

+1.

Go with WRX, 350Z (stock) or MS3.

All have good power, all handle well, and brake well. 350Z and MS3 will be the better performing of the 3 in stock form though and each have a nicer interior which is why I would likely go with one of those.
    Just call me Clark Kent

lol the 350z w/ a turbo was a joke. but yea, i have my heart set on a wrx right now. i'm not even thinking about getting an STi, im right on doing that right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.