Tales from the cockpit - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Tales from the cockpit within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; *imagines ray and 302 jumping in midair and freezing like in anchorman.*...

*imagines ray and 302 jumping in midair and freezing like in anchorman.*
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my srt is faster.

seriously now that the car has bin out for 4yrs and has no longer made for the last year. the hype as long died down do you guys, guys being any other tuner car still get all the bad signs, threats and images from srt4 owners?
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

My favorite was when I still had my Rs stuff in my car. The Srt4 pretty much just came out. My friend and I were about to leave his house to go to this club my other friend Dj's at. My friend needed ciggs so we went the opposite way we needed to so we could hit up Wawa. This road breaks into two lanes and I see this silver Srt-4 going strait and I'm about to make a right to go into the other entrance. We both pull in and my friend goes in while I stay in my car. I look over at the part of the parking lot where ricers always hang out and that's where he's parked and no one went in the store. My friend comes out and I see this Neon just waiting for me. I pull out and he follows me flooring it on my ass like a tool. I keep telling myself it's not worth it because he should whoop my ass and I'm not a fan of racing on the street. The street breaks into two lanes again. This dude floors it by me then hits the brakes and pulls next to me. I honk it off and from 45-80 I hung. I was right on his bumper. Now this is the great part in the conversation we had.

me: Nice race man, but you should have murdered me
    him: This is stock
    me: This isn't a wrx
    him: I know it's an Rs
    me: you have probably at least 80 whp more then me
    him: It's not my problem.
    me:

I look in my rear view and see popo lights flick on. I'm in the left lane so I put on my turn signal on to get over. I pull behind the Srt-4 and he down shifts his car and floors it. The cop goes right around me and follows him. I turn into the shopping center so I can pull a u-bolt. My friend says it's a bad move to do that but I don't care I pull in anyway. As I'm about to exit to go back towards where I came from I look at the top of the parking lot and a different cop was pulling out there go to meet up with the other cop. If I kept driving I would have been screwed. I take some back roads and proceed to go to the club.

I end up running into this kid at a local car meet and he asks me about my car. He asks me if I know a kid with a blue one. I tell him yeah it's my good friend. He says he raced him. I just laugh and tell him he raced me and asked him how much his ticket was. He said he didn't get any points but had a big fine. I said thank you for getting me out of a ticket and go talk to one of my other friends that just pulled up.

i have respect for the srt-4 and mostly any other late model turbocharged vehicle...not including diesel trucks

i have gone up against an SRT-4, and both bone stock, my car has the advantage. i was looking at the SRT-4's for affordability, except that all my american cars have blown up on me. also, its new england here, so snow sucks. i have only had front and rwd cars, and i do have to say: the little i've driven this car in bad weather, it has been so much better than front drive cars

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    It's all about the team work *high five*
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    i have gone up against an SRT-4, and both bone stock, my car has the advantage.
    Where do you get these things??? The SRT-4 with FWD... or most fanbois here refer to as WWD (wrong wheel drive) has the advantage after the launch; weighs less, same or more power, FWD > AWD while rolling

Might i ask how your stock vs. stock turned out?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

A few years ago while living in SC, I was driving my beloved yellow '88 Fiero Formula with T-Tops. It was a beautiful afternoon, tops off, I'm cruising thru Myrtle with my new g/f. Life was good. All of a sudden a city police car speeds up very quickly right on my ass. I'm like oh great all I need is a ticket! His lights come on, not the blue, but the safety lights, and I realize oh sh!t it's my roommate Bryan. Sure enough, there is he behind the wheel laughing his a$$ off. I flipped the middle finger and sped off!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe

I raced my friends turbo focus from-a-roll at his request. I had him by a headlight and he insisted he beat me and told everybody on a local forum that he had 'killed' a stage 2 STi. It turned into a big e-argument till my passenger posted a ****ty camera phone video that showed me winning. He asked for a rematch and I told him the next one had to be from a dig. He refused.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    Where do you get these things??? The SRT-4 with FWD... or most fanbois here refer to as WWD (wrong wheel drive) has the advantage after the launch; weighs less, same or more power, FWD > AWD while rolling

I'm not quite sure what you are saying/asking here, but a stock 06 WRX is pretty even with a stock SRT-4.

My cousin used to have one and I have an 06 TR.

We were pretty much dead even on most 20-80 runs. The higher speed the race started at the more the advantage shifted to the SRT-4 because of the TD04.

I don't know about the FWD>AWD while rolling comment. It should have more to do with the specs of the engine.

My stage 2 TR was faster than the SRT-4 but the huge burst down low was quickly made up for in higher RPM ranges.
    Car-less

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post

<--won from a dig

<--tied rolling-60ish

<--got owned 20-100 by a car length and a half.

I Support ClubWRX
    Cleaned it up.

Let's play nice or we wont play at all guys.
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 07-21-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Today I'm at a stoplight and a brand new WRX roles up next to me. The driver couldn't have been older than 16 and the car didn't even have plates on it. He starts revving at me and as much as I wanted to I didn't acknowledge him. Light turns green WRX takes off gets about a block ahead and then a cop pulls out and takes off after him. I saw him pull over ahead but I had to take the next turn.

Cliffnotes

me: 0
    cop: 1
    WRX driver: -1
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    me: 0
    cop: 1
    WRX driver: -1

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, we're par for the course with how I thought this thread would turn out.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by BigB007 View Post
    For the first time this week the crappy neon thats been stalking me didn't find me and rev at me.
    hahaha iv had something similar to that. I roll by some hondas and they rev at me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.