What's faster? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on What's faster? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT Lol, that is why the WRX and all AWD cars exist . Snow. It is also ...

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Lol, that is why the WRX and all AWD cars exist. Snow. It is also why the most popular regions for Subarus are New England, the Pacific Northwest and the Lake Tahoe/Mountain regions.
    Snow by itself is NOT the reason AWD cars exist. One could argue that rallying was the reason AWD was invented. If that's the case, snow had little to do with it, Different road surfaces and weather conditions combined is the reason AWD exists.
    And the WRX exists because of rally racing/WRC, period.

My fiance's mom has an 07 solstice gxp and she loves to race it around town. I've seen her at stoplights in my F150 and obviously she kick's my truck's booty. I'm looking at a stock 02 wrx - would she still be able to kill me? She's automatic.
    If she wants to race that bad, make her race you in your element (i.e. on a dirt/gravel road or on the tarmac whilst it's raining, even better if twisties are involved).
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    If she wants to race that bad, make her race you in your element (i.e. on a dirt/gravel road or on the tarmac whilst it's raining, even better if twisties are involved).

thats good... might as well tell the OP and his mother in law to jump off a cliff.
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    thats good... might as well tell the OP and his mother in law to jump off a cliff.
    Am I wrong about the rex being in its element?
    Tell me again why the WRX was created.

Take a look at your avatar.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by masonball View Post
    cool thanks. I was afraid of that. She'll try to race me anyway, but I think I'll just kick back when she's around. Micah, do you have pics of your car? I read your mod list and just wanted to check it out.
    I have a few pics, but it's a sleeper - looks stock. Needs paint and some bodywork too. Broke 2nd gear this past Saturday while racing a friends SRT4. RA gearset(1-5) is on order. Hoping to have my baby back on the road in a month or so. Stuck driving the 350Z until then.

More pics and the 2002 service manual are here.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Lol, that is why the WRX and all AWD cars exist. Snow. It is also why the most popular regions for Subarus are New England, the Pacific Northwest and the Lake Tahoe/Mountain regions.

If I lived down south I'd be driving something RWD like a Corvette or an S2000.
    I thought the WRX existed because of rally racing?
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    I thought the WRX existed because of rally racing?
    I'm pretty sure the WRX exists because Subaru believed they could make a profit by selling it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the WRX exists because Subaru believed they could make a profit by selling it.
    Excuse me, the STi exists for rally racing
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    Excuse me, the STi exists for rally racing
    and because Subaru thought they could make money on it.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

You will lose.

Put aside a grand or so, that way you can go stage2 immediately after buying the car and put up a damn good fight, if not beat it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    You will lose.

Put aside a grand or so, that way you can go stage2 immediately after buying the car and put up a damn good fight, if not beat it.
    Yup. I dont think you'd close any ground around the turns either. Personally I'd be a little worried about one in a stock STI...they really arent much of a joke. Nice little 2 seaters if they turn out to be reliable once the insane mark up dies on them.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

You will lose.

I'd be a little worried about going stage 2 without beefing up the tranny a little - or is that not a concern? Everything I've read so far suggests that a new clutch maybe with some new gears if not a new tranny would be a better idea than going straight to turbo upgrades... tell me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Yup. I dont think you'd close any ground around the turns either. Personally I'd be a little worried about one in a stock STI...they really arent much of a joke. Nice little 2 seaters if they turn out to be reliable once the insane mark up dies on them.
    Yeah, I like them.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by masonball View Post
    I'd be a little worried about going stage 2 without beefing up the tranny a little - or is that not a concern? Everything I've read so far suggests that a new clutch maybe with some new gears if not a new tranny would be a better idea than going straight to turbo upgrades... tell me if I'm wrong.
    If you beat the crap out of your car, stage2 is not a good idea. If you take care of your car, do not drop the clutch on launches or bang gears, stage2 is fine.
    Just call me Clark Kent

If you beat the crap out of your car, stage2 is not a good idea. If you take care of your car, do not drop the clutch on launches or bang gears, stage2 is fine.
    I understand what you're saying, but only the previous owner knows what kind of hell the car's been through so far. I know I have the control over how the car is handled from now on, but who knows how long it'll hold up to whatever has been done to it before. I'll either find out with mods and killing something, or getting the car seriously looked at before touching anything at all. I'm looking at a 2002 with 90,000 miles, and a 2003 with 66,000. I've only seen and driven the 02, but it felt very strong and had no other than a squeaky a/c belt(?). If the a/c was off with the fan on, it was ok - the dealer said they'd take care of the problem if I decided to buy the car. 90,000 just seems like a lot of miles with who knows how much abuse to start modding out the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I have a few pics, but it's a sleeper - looks stock. Needs paint and some bodywork too. Broke 2nd gear this past Saturday while racing a friends SRT4. RA gearset(1-5) is on order. Hoping to have my baby back on the road in a month or so. Stuck driving the 350Z until then.

More pics and the 2002 service manual are here.
    i love how you say that you will just be "stuck" with a 350z. like its a pain in your but or sumthing. lol but that is the kind of sleeper i am talkin about great taste
    Turbo Lag is just a courtesy head start.
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.
    currently pissed that it was stolen 2/23/08 @ around 1:30ish

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast