What do you love?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What do you love? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; dont know if anyone has posted this yet but what little things or big things made you want to keep ...

What do you love?

dont know if anyone has posted this yet but what little things or big things made you want to keep your car. or made you want to buy it. and why did you choose it over the competition?
    Turbo Lag is just a courtesy head start.
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.
    currently pissed that it was stolen 2/23/08 @ around 1:30ish

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's paid for. It's always been paid for. That alone makes me not want to sell it

ha. i will know that feeling soon i hope
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

I Support ClubWRX
    AWD. Fairly inexpensive. Quick. Handles stupidly. Looks nice. Interior isnt crappy. AWD.

The main thing is AWD for the 5-10 days of snow we get. In reality it's rather silly.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

so in other words you are totally in love with your car?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by devman52 View Post
    so in other words you are totally in love with your car?
    No. I think I'd be totally in love with a 911 Turbo. Or even a Cayman S. Possible a C-6 Z06.

I do however like my car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

i need to drive those. ive drivien others way out of my price range and out of my league but man ohh man i love the 911 GT2

I Support ClubWRX
    When I bought my sedan, I actually constructed a spreadsheet enumerating the various qualities I was looking for in a car. I rated each contender based on specs, aesthetics, first-hand experience, test drives, etc. The WRX was the clear choice, based on price, fun-factor, and practicality.

I bought my wagon because TR made a thread that pressured me into doing so.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    in the 300 miles ive put on my car i love 3rd gear

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    When I bought my sedan, I actually constructed a spreadsheet enumerating the various qualities I was looking for in a car. I rated each contender based on specs, aesthetics, first-hand experience, test drives, etc. The WRX was the clear choice, based on price, fun-factor, and practicality.

I bought my wagon because TR made a thread that pressured me into doing so.
    after all of that hard work someone pressured you into getting a wagon?

well at least i know that im not the only one that likes to make a chart of different cars i wanna buy and their strengths and weaknesses and what not

I Support ClubWRX
    You missed a couple of things, there. I've owned two WRX's. The spreadsheet was for the first, a sedan. I modified that to Stage 4 then wound up selling it...

Nine months later Trainrex (TR) posted this
    I had been hinting around that I might buy a used wagon, for family use. Wagons rule, btw.

I think you missed my little attempt at humor...seems to happen a lot around here...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You missed a couple of things, there. I've owned two WRX's. The spreadsheet was for the first, a sedan. I modified that to Stage 4 then wound up selling it...

Nine months later Trainrex (TR) posted this
    I had been hinting around that I might buy a used wagon, for family use. Wagons rule, btw.

I think you missed my little attempt at humor...seems to happen a lot around here...
    ahh i see what you are talking about. i'll get used to it eventually

Nat
    dont know if anyone has posted this yet but what little things or big things made you want to keep your car. or made you want to buy it. and why did you choose it over the competition?
    • Red brake calipers caught my eye.
    • $23K seems dirt cheap too for this much performance and awd (the next car up on my wish list is ~$80K).
    • Subaru reliability is great too.
    • Available as a wagon

I ended up on a washboard forest dirt road detour today and learned how nice and supple the stock suspension is. I took a wrong fork and ended up on a Jeep road that could've been trouble for a car without rally roots.
    Last edited by Nat; 07-14-2007 at 10:33 PM.

Nat
    Personally the only Impreza I'd buy would be a wagon (yes, family man here). Even if I didn't have a family and the need for my car to be a mountain bike/snowboard vehicle, I wouldn't buy the sedan. I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but the sedans look cobbled together to me. The blistered fenders look like painted-over aftermarket add-ons and the trunk shape looks like an afterthought, as if the designers got bored after they drew up the cabin area and just wanted to be finished. Don't get me started on that wing...

The fact that the WRX comes in a wagon is what got me. The sedan, mehhhh...

Please no one take offense. It's only my opinion and personal taste I'm sharing.
    Last edited by Nat; 07-14-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    lol wagons rule

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast