Toyota Celica TRD?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Toyota Celica TRD? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well I was driving home with wife and family when this Black Toyota Celica with a TRD badge zooms by ...

Toyota Celica TRD?

Well I was driving home with wife and family when this Black Toyota Celica with a TRD badge zooms by me and tries to f with me. I first decided to let it be, you know, with wife and all but then the sticker in the back window that said blo me kind of stuck into me a tad. Well we both came to a stop and the machoism got the best of me. Let me just say I did blo him or should I say blew by him. Wasn't even a challenge. I was 2 lengths up in no time and cut off about 50. First real race I had since I got the wagon

2002 WRX Wagon
    Black
    MBC
    K&N
    Short Shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hehe nice kill
    My Black/midnight blue wrx has the folowing mods:
    Tsudo muffler.
    Injin cold air induction
    AEM bypass valve
    17" focal f-10's with nittos

Them Celica GTS and RSX-S guys never learn.

Why do they even try us, are they stupid or something????

I am not at all impressed w/ the new celica, i have a friend that has a GT-S and has had numerous tranny issues. 6spd of course. the dealership told him that he shouldnt take it above 6grand. I laughed, as thats just around when the VVT-I kicks in. Also newcelica.org alot of the owners have had the same problems as well. The funny thing about the VVT-I is that the gearing in the car is so bad that you really have to know when to shift otherwise it falls right out of the power band and you can walk away. I am starting to like the new toyota Matrix thats coming out. w/ AWD unfortunately its the lower of the models w/ only 140hp, no doubt they will have turbos for 'em or SC's which could make em really nice. I take out the GT-S's in my 97 NT Talon. HAHA....!!!!
    Last edited by ThunderousTalon; 12-23-2001 at 05:19 PM.
    Illegal? Yes. Dangerous? No doubt. But for those few, fleeting seconds as we party with Power and Speed, the insanity seems to makes absolute sense.

I Support ClubWRX
    Heh they're not stupid, i'm sure they're just like us out to have fun u know? Kind of like us trying to race S4s and M3s... but the blo me thing is kinda stupid. Good kill, i'm sure you lowered that sucker's self esteem enough to think towice about messing with someone who drives a wagon

tan
    So far I know West Covina Toyota is developing a turbo for the 1ZZ-FE motor (6 psi of max boost). XE-Engineering is developing one also. Rumor is that Toysport makes one also. E.L. Prototypes may be making on also.

Just a quick thing, The GTS motor has VVTL-i, second cam profile. With the gearing, you got to stay on the redline to keep it on the big cam. THe Matrix makes the problems worse with taller tires, affecting the final drive ratio (I think it's final drive).
    Last edited by tan; 01-01-2002 at 08:55 PM.

God
    I think those Celicas look bad ass! I saw a whiite one the other day and my jaw dropped as to how cool looking it is. Too bad they are so slow though. they should have made a GT-4 edition AWD Turbo. Sigh. . .
    I actually ran across a GTS 6 speed whop wanted to race IN THE RAIN!!! You can imagine how badly I spanked him.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

I think those Celicas look bad ass! I saw a whiite one the other day and my jaw dropped as to how cool looking it is. Too bad they are so slow though.
    Exactly. If the celica wasn't so slow that would be the car I would get. I wish it was like the GT4. Bring it back. The GT4 would be compeition for the WRX. If toyota would have brought that car back in 2001 I bet we would not have half of the wrx owners we have today. And that body is drop dead gorgeous.

God
    I agree. Then again you are talking to a toyota fan and former GT4 owner here.
    Daniel Ponze, Lead Tuner Tuning Factory, Inc.
    PH: (248) 477-0700___FX: (248) 477-0701

tan
    Too bad the "ZZT" celicas are based from the lighter, less expensive Corolla platform, eliminating the chance of using the 3S-GTE engine. THe only thing Toyota could do now is to make a turbo RAV4 engine and put it in there (or just turbo the RAV4 motor, and put a "G" head in there).

My sister really wanted a Celica GT (like every girl I know) until we sat down and looked at how much they cost. They have to be one of the worst bang-for-the-buck rice rockets you can buy. The GT-S is the only one with any power and it's about as much as a WRX. Add to this the fact that it is useless for anything except driving you and one passenger with a weekend's worth of luggage and I say forget about it.

I'm so glad I was able to talk her into the Sentra SE-R. It's a much nicer all around car and cost less than $18,000.

-Jim

tan
    The only gripe with the Celica GT I have is, rear drum brakes. I'm not going back to rear drum brakes, especially a $20,000 car

The TRD Celica's are all show, some handling, and very little power.

The TRD Camry's and Solara's are different though. With the Dealer installed S/C they can be a lot of fun, with loads of off the line torque. But talk about traction problems and torque steer though.

But 240 stock and 260-280 with the smaller s/c pulley's isn't bad.

tan
    The 240 bhp on the TRD Camry/Solara/Sienna is measured at the wheels. At the crank, it's around (figuring 20% loss) it's around 288 bhp @ 6500rpm, with about just as much torque.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.