500rwhp C5 Z06 Vs 400awhp Fpgreen Wrx(with Vid)

This is a discussion on 500rwhp C5 Z06 Vs 400awhp Fpgreen Wrx(with Vid) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Meet up at the local spot on saturday and decided to set something up with a 500rwhp vette. the owner ...

500rwhp C5 Z06 Vs 400awhp Fpgreen Wrx(with Vid)

Meet up at the local spot on saturday and decided to set something up with a 500rwhp vette. the owner of the vette is pretty cool, talk to him a few times on the local boards and asked him if can get a comparison run.
    i knew what i was going up against but i want to see how bad before i decide to swap out my FPGreen for a FPRed.

This vid here is from a 40MPH roll
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjUpnAsLus

I dont have one for the 60MPH roll, But i brakes boost on this run and jumped out about 2-3 cars after the third honk, he didnt catch me till 120, but he did catch me! i had to let off because of cars in front of me.

Overall, i would keep up with him from 40-100 by 1 car length, but as soon as we hit 100 he would get out another 2-3 cars instantly
    His vette is fully built with a 408ci , heads, cam, bolt on's putting down 500rwhp trapping 126 in 1/4 before the 150shot

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice vid, vettes nice.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I'm not normally one to complain but two cars with that much power really shouldn't be messing around with that much traffic on the road. When you're making the kind of power you (and that vette) do, you've got to be more selective about where you unleash it.

All it'd take to go from fun to tragedy would be for one of those other drivers doing normal speed to decide to pass the guy in front of them. They'd be in front of you before you could do anything about it.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Nice, that vette sounds amazing!
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

should have done it from a launch, or from a 20 mph roll. It would have been closer.

Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    should have done it from a launch, or from a 20 mph roll. It would have been closer.
    I think he's on the stock tranny still (unbelievable it's still intact).
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

It would be a good race from a dig.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

nice.
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

not so much.....

first off, not so cool screwin around on the streets....
    second...umm its a corvette.....i dont care if they raced from a dig or a roll; that corvette will absolutely smoke the wrx, regardless of horsepower figures, how about the weight factor? last time i checked a two door hydroformed aluminum chassis weighed a bit less than an AWD uni-body sedan... i mean true, the wrx will get a better 0-xx speed, due to traction issued, but theres that age old physics formula envolving mass power and acceleration..... sorry guys the cars are just in different classes...now take them both to a dirt road with ruts and see who makes it out alive...

good runs man
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING