WRX vs. VR-4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. VR-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was cruising over to my girlfriends after work tonight and while stopped at a light on the way, a ...

WRX vs. VR-4

I was cruising over to my girlfriends after work tonight and while stopped at a light on the way, a 3kgt rolls up next to me blasting rap music i look over and the guy is staring at me... light turns green with both start rolling slowly until i hear his turbo spool so we both mash it from around a 10mph roll and we only went up to 60mph in which i had 2 cars on him

Not bad since i think his car was stock, thing looked sexy but lost this one
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

When they first came out, I wanted a 3000GT/Stealth in the worst way. Still are great looking cars, even today.

Unfortunately, unless well cared for by the owner, most examples nowadays aren't anything to write home about.

They can still be a force to be reckoned with if taken care of however...

Example

Nice kill, btw!
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Even in good shape they were only 100 mph cars. That's no match for any 2.5-powered Subaru with any mods at all.

It's when you give them a downpipe and MBC that they really get crankin. The car in my sig still had the stock turbos, cat-back, fuel pump, etc. People quickly dismissed it as an overweight pretender -- till the light went green anyway. 4000+ lbs or not, I won
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Good run.

They are quick with few mods, but in stock form are not match or a stage2 06'.

Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Least you're lucky enough to have witnessed a VR-4! I've yet to see one here in Massachusetts...
    02 WRX
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by SyDiko View Post
    Least you're lucky enough to have witnessed a VR-4! I've yet to see one here in Massachusetts...
    Never? there are 3-5 at least that i have seen, and even a couple of stealth here in frederick too
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by SyDiko View Post
    That's pretty odd.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well I know they're here, but I'm just in the wrong places at the wrong time.
    02 WRX
    New England F4

this kid i knew had a TT stealth up until 2 nights ago when he flipped it, and is now paralyzed from the waist down

for going 120 on backroads

was a nice car until the jaws of life tore it in half.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

100mph car? please explain. i thought they hit 0-60 in 5.6 or something close to that
    Turbo Lag is just a courtesy head start.
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.
    currently pissed that it was stolen 2/23/08 @ around 1:30ish

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    this kid i knew had a TT stealth up until 2 nights ago when he flipped it, and is now paralyzed from the waist down

for going 120 on backroads
    Didn't you just start the "Tales from the Cockpit" thread, where people could brag about this kind of thing?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

ohhh sounds like someone just got BUSTED!!! i just had to use the caps on this one

Turbo Lag is just a courtesy head start.
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.
    currently pissed that it was stolen 2/23/08 @ around 1:30ish

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Didn't you just start the "Tales from the Cockpit" thread, where people could brag about this kind of thing?
    after i posted this haha

Lightbulb WRX vs VR4 vs EVO!!

Ok so i saw this post and i was really happy cuz i didnt want to start a new one
    Im getting a new car
    And thats my 3 picks
    STI, EVO or VR4
    I do got factors in it tho
    I can only spend around $20k (the lower the better, financing and all that demonic stuff)
    Every evo thats around that amount has about 40k miles
    STI i can find with about 18k-35k miles on them for $21k
    And I found a VR4 for $12k that has 150k miles on car, but seller put new motor clutch tranny all that stuff that has 30k miles on it, also its putting out 510hp on premium gas outa the engine, no rust on frame , all systems opreational n working
    Yes i know i would def pick the STi over all them, but look at the factors affecting me here i need help on choosing! What would you choose n why?!
    - I also got a little quick questions, turbos go bad after how many miles?

subie reliability ftw

DSM reliability ftl

those old DSMs will get cranky.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast