06 sti vs cobalt 22
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 sti vs cobalt 22 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was just plain fun. I was heading back from Denver after a long day of hanging out at Wash ...

06 sti vs cobalt 22

This was just plain fun. I was heading back from Denver after a long day of hanging out at Wash park and watching my friends get hammered. I stayed sober, and Im glad I did. I saw a red cobalt get on the freeway, it had the taller wing on the back, shiny wheels. He hung behind me for a while. I slowed down a bit and he eventually moved up next to me. Here's the funny part, he was bumping his techno so loudly that at 65 mph with his window down, mine up, and the re070s making tons of noise I could distinctly hear it. I guess he was getting amped up to race. I rolled down my window and nodded, downshifted to 4th at 60mph. He had a girl in the car, I assumed gf. I honked 3 times and we went. It surprised me, not in the good way. I thought SS's had more power, but at the top of fourth I had about 2 cars, 5th or a second and shut down. He caught back up and wanted to go again. this time I heard him downshift, thinking maybe last time he forgot. I honked, let him get the jump, and then matted it. same thing, top of 4th I let off, what's the point after that. I guess you can call it a win, and Im sure he wasn't too proud in front of his gf, but only 205hp on the SS? ouch. call it a win, but not a fair one.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice Win, I actually considered an SS when i was looking for cars. Once Again . Try keeping the racing at the track though. High speed races at 90 + are so dangerous. Now from a Dig, is a different story for me :P
    Previous Subarus:
    2004 Subaru WRX, 18G Deadbolt Zilla setup w/ Supporting Mods
    2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback Stock!

yeah I hear they dyno higher at stock too actually. Beware the modded Cobalt SS's though.. lol A Navy guy down here in Tampa had a 12 sec one.

Yeah Ive heard theyre very underrated from the factory. I plan on doing a track day soon, lately its so hot Ill run a 13.8 and be pissed, so Ill wait till it cools down. I only went to about 98mph, and considering the 75mph speed limits around here where u cruise at 85, thats not that crazy. I just wish it had been a little closer.

75mph speed limits sound nice

good kill though
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

nice kill!!

My dad has on 06 Cobalt SS with Stage 2, which is smaller pulley, bigger injectors, and a reflash. he also has aftermarket headers and exhaust. he is at about 18psi and 280hp at the crank. the car is fast, he gives me a run for my money, has yet to beat me but he comes close haha.

btw if it was a SS it is either a 2.0 with a supercharger, or the 2.4 which is pure engine. 2.2 is what i use to have till i got my STi, had a DC Sport exhaust and AEM intake and it went alright got to 105 very fast but that stupid govener pissed me off. beat alot of people with that car until the govener turned on and they went flying by me haha. anyways like i said before the 2.0 with the supercharger is fast as hell specially if they got stage 2 or 3 so watch out you might be suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackas86 View Post
    btw if it was a SS it is either a 2.0 with a supercharger, or the 2.4 which is pure engine. 2.2 is what i use to have till i got my STi, had a DC Sport exhaust and AEM intake and it went alright got to 105 very fast but that stupid govener pissed me off. beat alot of people with that car until the govener turned on and they went flying by me haha. anyways like i said before the 2.0 with the supercharger is fast as hell specially if they got stage 2 or 3 so watch out you might be suprised.

well, and not to sound like an ass-hat, but the SC'd one still only has 205 hp right? 205 can def feel quick, i had a jetta vr6 with only 173 at sea level that felt ok quick. I was honestly surprised how fast the sti felt at first. Ive driven cars with power, but the pull when boost hits straight up surprised me. I though the jetta was quick, so this car with stage 2 is straight up fast (even in the hot 80 degree days we have here). sounds like they mod easy, stg 2 being 280hp thats def fast. im sure it pulls hard.

Chevy says 205 outta the factory but i believe he was around 220 base when he got it dynoed when he first bought it. they underrated the engine alot

thats awesome they came that underrated. if thats at the wheels thats sick. i hope it didnt sound like i was talking crap, i just thought they only had 205 hp, sorry.

no your not talking crap, that car is very underrated. love the car only thing that sucks is it is FWD. i will take my STi over it anyday of the week.

Banned
    cobalts ss/sc are fast or atleast mine is. i have a stage 2 kit i have 230whp and 205wtq the car only weighs 2900lbs do the math ;-).

adds up to 60ft lb tq short of a stock nsrt4 to me
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by drew1991sf View Post
    cobalts ss/sc are fast or atleast mine is. i have a stage 2 kit i have 230whp and 205wtq the car only weighs 2900lbs do the math ;-).

I did the math. Its slow.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.