Mustang GT500 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Mustang GT500 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If the GT500 was being sold at the price it was meant to be sold for it would be a ...

If the GT500 was being sold at the price it was meant to be sold for it would be a good ar. The MSRP is only around 45K and its got a ton of power for the money and would be a lot cheaper than a Z06. However the dealers seem to mark them up to ridiculous prices. How they get away with designing a 45K car and selling it for 20K+ more is beyond me. I don't blame the dealers though, if people are dumb enough to pay that much theres no reason they shouldn't charge that much.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    If the GT500 was being sold at the price it was meant to be sold for it would be a good ar. The MSRP is only around 45K and its got a ton of power for the money and would be a lot cheaper than a Z06. However the dealers seem to mark them up to ridiculous prices. How they get away with designing a 45K car and selling it for 20K+ more is beyond me. I don't blame the dealers though, if people are dumb enough to pay that much theres no reason they shouldn't charge that much.

I agree man, if they indeed did charge 45k for it, than why the hell not get one over a Z06?! I for one actually like the GT500 quite a bit, a guy in my neighborhood has a red one with white stripes up the top, it sounds good, looks good and is fast. Its a shame they marked them up.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    No, not even next time.
    No? not even with teh stage 2?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    then it gets better when you blow by them with there jaw dropped.
    True...but then not all of us have sub 11 second cars either.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    True...but then not all of us have sub 11 second cars either.

that i havnt driven in alomst a year sometime soon i hope it will be done.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Stock for stock, the GT500 is a lot slower than a Z06. Even a lot of die-hard mustang guys (like me) would prefer the Z06.

On the other hand, the GT500 is pretty easy to mod. It probably won't take much at all to get 600 the the wheels.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG View Post
    Stock for stock, the GT500 is a lot slower than a Z06. Even a lot of die-hard mustang guys (like me) would prefer the Z06.

On the other hand, the GT500 is pretty easy to mod. It probably won't take much at all to get 600 the the wheels.
    I can't believe i am about to say this because it just sounds kinda funny even as a thought in my head... I would take the Gt500 because it is less common then the Z06 yes that is right a mustang is less common then something imo

I have encountered 2 GT500s now, both were really cool older dudes you could tell appreciated their cars.

I have seen ~7 Z06s and everyone is a punk@ss ~30 year old still living off their rich parents (i don't say that as a gerenalization i know for a fact for 2 of them at least).

I was driving to work the other day down 355 and i was rolling up to the stop light a z06 was stopped at, i rolled through the light when it went green and just cruising on to work not caring i passed a Z06 when all of a sudden he comes flying past we going ~70-80 mph in a 45 zone, he then proceeded to put his flashers on best part is he was heading to my work (Gold's gym), i didn't bother saying anything because i didn't care but he wouldn't make eye contact with me not sure why though

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    I can't believe i am about to say this because it just sounds kinda funny even as a thought in my head... I would take the Gt500 because it is less common then the Z06 yes that is right a mustang is less common then something imo

I have encountered 2 GT500s now, both were really cool older dudes you could tell appreciated their cars.

I have seen ~7 Z06s and everyone is a punk@ss ~30 year old still living off their rich parents (i don't say that as a gerenalization i know for a fact for 2 of them at least).

I was driving to work the other day down 355 and i was rolling up to the stop light a z06 was stopped at, i rolled through the light when it went green and just cruising on to work not caring i passed a Z06 when all of a sudden he comes flying past we going ~70-80 mph in a 45 zone, he then proceeded to put his flashers on best part is he was heading to my work (Gold's gym), i didn't bother saying anything because i didn't care but he wouldn't make eye contact with me not sure why though
    i agree on the which one you seen more part. but i would still own the z06. as even tho it may lose the hp to dollar mod ratio it will still walk the cobra everyday in stoping and turning. thank god gm got there heads out of there asses for that car and tuned it on the nurbering.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    i agree on the which one you seen more part. but i would still own the z06. as even tho it may lose the hp to dollar mod ratio it will still walk the cobra everyday in stoping and turning. thank god gm got there heads out of there asses for that car and tuned it on the nurbering.
    Good call i am more about the straight aways and feeling the torque and power rather then the turns, i am not to good with the turns with my eye sight and all too

I Support ClubWRX
    Really? I think I've seen 3 C6 Z06's in the last year. I haven't seen but 1 or 2 GT500's, but when I saw them it's not like they look super special or anything.

Given a choice, I'd take the 3132 pound Z06 any day. The GT500 is a pig by comparison, and by all reports you can feel it in the handling.

edit: I just read where you said that's not a big deal to you. Different strokes...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Really? I think I've seen 3 C6 Z06's in the last year. I haven't seen but 1 or 2 GT500's, but when I saw them it's not like they look super special or anything.

Given a choice, I'd take the 3132 pound Z06 any day. The GT500 is a pig by comparison, and by all reports you can feel it in the handling.

edit: I just read where you said that's not a big deal to you. Different strokes...
    Werd dont' get me wrong i like the turns but i wouldn't sacrifice power for the turns... the WRX even doesn't really "do it for me" on the turns, i need to lower it and get sways

I Support ClubWRX
    Werd dont' get me wrong i like the turns but i wouldn't sacrifice power for the turns... the WRX even doesn't really "do it for me" on the turns, i need to lower it and get sways
    I was thoroughly unimpressed with my wagon's handling when I got it. Tires/RSB/endlinks/springs and it's a completely different car.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I was thoroughly unimpressed with my wagon's handling when I got it. Tires/RSB/endlinks/springs and it's a completely different car.
    Well you give me hope for new life kind sir

I was always made when doing spirited driving my brothers tiburon then Redline both out handled my car (damn low center of gravity and z rated tires )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.