Beaten by a...semi-truck?!?! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45

This is a discussion on Beaten by a...semi-truck?!?! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by devman52 ohh man thats messed up but my gf asked me if she could learn on my ...

  1. #31
    Registered User Lbleiweiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Barrington, IL
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by devman52 View Post
    ohh man thats messed up

    but my gf asked me if she could learn on my sti and i just looked at her like (like the wtf is wrong with you look) and we went out in the 95 saturn sc2 and she blew the motor forgeting to shift into second going 40. so its sitting at walmart collecting dust.
    PRICELESS! +1

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User pub428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SO CAL
    Posts
    16
    My gf was pushing me so much to let her drive my new WRX and I finally let her on a short trip to the beach about 5 miles of nothing but two lane roads and not to many cars. 5 stall outs, a lot of I'm sorry, and my heart in the back seat a 1/4 of mile into the trip I took over and drove the rest and thus ending the worst manual driving I have ever seen in my life. Thank god the car is ok

  4. #33
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    17,132
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by pub428 View Post
    My gf was pushing me so much to let her drive my new WRX and I finally let her on a short trip to the beach about 5 miles of nothing but two lane roads and not to many cars. 5 stall outs, a lot of I'm sorry, and my heart in the back seat a 1/4 of mile into the trip I took over and drove the rest and thus ending the worst manual driving I have ever seen in my life. Thank god the car is ok
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

  5. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7
    haha oh man, you guys are in for it when you have kids and have to teach THEM how to drive a stick

  6. #35
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by devman52 View Post
    ohh man thats messed up

    but my gf asked me if she could learn on my sti and i just looked at her like (like the wtf is wrong with you look) and we went out in the 95 saturn sc2 and she blew the motor forgeting to shift into second going 40. so its sitting at walmart collecting dust.
    you didn't tell her to shift?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  7. #36
    Registered User viperuws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Algonquin, Illinois
    Posts
    865
    Quote Originally Posted by pub428 View Post
    My gf was pushing me so much to let her drive my new WRX and I finally let her on a short trip to the beach about 5 miles of nothing but two lane roads and not to many cars. 5 stall outs, a lot of I'm sorry, and my heart in the back seat a 1/4 of mile into the trip I took over and drove the rest and thus ending the worst manual driving I have ever seen in my life. Thank god the car is ok
    Oh come on. Are you telling me you never stalled your car? errrr stalled your first manual* Cause I stalled my WRX so many times the first day. Then the next day I never stalled it. The third day on the road I stalled it once and never stalled my car again. And my STI seems like it is unstallable...I can seem to engage the clutch at 500 rpms.

    I tried teaching my sister on my WRX and she got to the point where she was able to get moving very roughly before she decided it wasn't worth it.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

  8. #37
    Registered User dspowersports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    151
    My girlfriend tried to learn in my 94 accord, and never figured it out. It was frustrating. So when she needed a new car, I bought her a manual 4x4 toyota pickup and made her drive it home. She mastered it in like two days. I swear sometimes she shifts my wrx smoother than me sometimes, but I can't tell. That's because as someone else mentioned, I only let her drive when I'm drunk.

  9. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dirtee Jersee
    Posts
    0
    driving manual is weird. The first time i tried to drive stick was a disaster. A few years later I didn't stall once driving my brothers miata.

    Now people tell me how smooth my car is and they can't even feel the gears shifting.

  10. #39
    Registered User pub428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SO CAL
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    Oh come on. Are you telling me you never stalled your car? errrr stalled your first manual* Cause I stalled my WRX so many times the first day. Then the next day I never stalled it. The third day on the road I stalled it once and never stalled my car again. And my STI seems like it is unstallable...I can seem to engage the clutch at 500 rpms.

    I tried teaching my sister on my WRX and she got to the point where she was able to get moving very roughly before she decided it wasn't worth it.

    Well some women are better with there hands then other, your sister is gifted all jokes aside I did stall my first manual when I was 12 and learning on a 92 chevy pickup 5 speed. But I have not stalled my WRX yet. and this wasn't the very first time my girl had attempted to drive a manual vehicle. At least the 2002 V6 mustang had some give when she dumped the clutch.

  11. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Holy Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by pub428 View Post
    Well some women are better with there hands then other, your sister is gifted
    Seriously folks, try the veal.

    Don't forget to tip you bartender and waitress.

    He'll be here thru Thursday!



    My girl actually drove the WRX better than my old Civic Si. She had it going so well that I made her drive around a while on different streets to get the feel for the gears. I was also really really drunk so my judgment as a bit impaired.

  12. #41
    Registered User pub428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    SO CAL
    Posts
    16

  13. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4
    yall are horrible boyfriends

  14. #43
    Registered User Super_HKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,475
    theres a reason I dont let my gf or anyone ellse drive. NO one knows ur car better than yourself.
    Previous owner of Rubie a 2005 WRX
    New owner of Molly a 2009 WRX
    Rally armor UR FTW/Red tail light mod w/insert
    **Catback in 2 months!

  15. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dirtee Jersee
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_HKS View Post
    theres a reason I dont let my gf or anyone ellse drive. NO one knows ur car better than yourself.
    I agree. I let my friend drive my WRX when i first got it cause he works on cars and drives manual and is used to high power.... but i hated how he shifted, he was so hard on the shifts.

    same with my brother. he drives a 230 whp turbocharged miata so figured he'd handle the WRX... same thing. shifted so hard i tought my gears were gonna strip...

    Now no one's allowed to even turn the car on.

  16. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    19
    LOLOL

    on a side note, my girl can drive an MT... seriously shes got an NA baja

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •