2007 wrx vs. 2006 mitsu eclipse GT - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2007 wrx vs. 2006 mitsu eclipse GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX Are we talking about the current model 263hp/260torque Eclipse? I'm not Donnie, so I can't rattle ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Are we talking about the current model 263hp/260torque Eclipse? I'm not Donnie, so I can't rattle off quartermile times for the car, but with that output and less drivetrain loss, I'm thinking it would do surprisingly well after the start. Granted, it's supposed to be on the heavy side...

As with my G35, it probably doesn't FEEL as fast because of a linear torque curve.
    Yep...thats the model...the numbers are impressive, but thats paper racing IMO...and like I said, the car is definitely quick, just not as quick as WRX's I've been in. Those power numbers also come pretty late in the power band too...

Ray...since when do you have a G35?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Can't...TR might ban me
    1. Take one for the team

or

2. Thats what PMs are for.

--== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep...thats the model...the numbers are impressive, but thats paper racing IMO...and like I said, the car is definitely quick, just not as quick as WRX's I've been in. Those power numbers also come pretty late in the power band too...

Ray...since when do you have a G35?
    For a while back in 2005, I had an '05 black G35c 6-speed. Sometimes I miss it. I decided to save more towards retirement/kids' edumication, and got rid of it to free up funds.

While we're mag racing, I'm seeing 99mph trap speeds for the Eclipse. Pretty respectable, if you asked me.....which you didn't, of course.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    For a while back in 2005, I had an '05 black G35c 6-speed. Sometimes I miss it. I decided to save more towards retirement/kids' edumication, and got rid of it to free up funds.

While we're mag racing, I'm seeing 99mph trap speeds for the Eclipse. Pretty respectable, if you asked me.....which you didn't, of course.
    Those are pretty good traps...It is right up there with a WRX on a good run...

I imagine the 60ft time is on the slower side though...

I know you aren't Donnie, but did you find a quarter mile time? I don't feel like googling
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Those are pretty good traps...It is right up there with a WRX on a good run...

I imagine the 60ft time is on the slower side though...

I know you aren't Donnie, but did you find a quarter mile time? I don't feel like googling
    Check page 1 next time

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    If his GT is a manual tranny and he can drive you will need everything your wrx has to offer to beat him. They run low-mid 14's @ 99/100 mph.

I wouldn't race because:

1) It is not good to do so in the break-in period

2) He will win if you don't launch hard and redline it.
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    Check page 1 next time
    Touche...

This thread was brought back from the dead from last month...so I was over it

Touche...

This thread was brought back from the dead from last month...so I was over it
    Like What eva!!11!!
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.