2007 wrx vs. 2006 mitsu eclipse GT - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2007 wrx vs. 2006 mitsu eclipse GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Metallus so the general consensus is that i should wait till 1500-ish (i'm at 1200 now) and ...

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    so the general consensus is that i should wait till 1500-ish (i'm at 1200 now) and that it would pretty much be up to my skill at launching/shifting? his car is an auto so all he does it use the auto-stick to shift, i have to worry about winding out the turbo then dropping the rpm's before losing boost so i can get a decent launch.
    If he's auto and you go from a dig you should be fine.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    so the general consensus is that i should wait till 1500-ish (i'm at 1200 now) and that it would pretty much be up to my skill at launching/shifting? his car is an auto so all he does it use the auto-stick to shift, i have to worry about winding out the turbo then dropping the rpm's before losing boost so i can get a decent launch.
    damn if i only read this thread before i could have helped you. YOU ARE GOING TO KILL HIM BY ALOT! i beat a 06 eclipse gt auto with injen intake and buschur axleback and all i had was a prodrive axleback. he was using drive and we did 3 rolls off 2nd gear and i passed him when i shifted to 3. few months later, i add up/down pipes. i kill him even harder lol. now recently, stage2, got flashed and got silicone hoses and now he cant even touch me. if it makes you feel any better, i beat him with 3 people in the car and it was just him in it. i have 02wrx btw.
    Last edited by p01ntb1ank; 08-23-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: just read the rules and i can't put videos. oh well

DUB
    ^^^OP isn't talking about a rolling start from 2nd though. He is talking about a drag race. There would be no discussion of launching if the car was already moving.

BTW, nice videos.

However...if he murders the Eclipse frumaroll which is the "weakness" of a WRX in a straight line race...then imagine what would happen on a race from a dig...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

i did race him from a dig. when he had bald tires, his tires would just spin. he got fresh tires now but i still beat him. i don't even have to launch. he might get a car length in the beginning but you will eventually pass him. it's not worth hurting your car on that pos. btw, he uses tiptronics now and he does much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    However...if he murders the Eclipse frumaroll which is the "weakness" of a WRX in a straight line race...then imagine what would happen on a race from a dig...
    That only pertains to the automatic though.

The 6spd will absolutely destroy a stock wrx, and I have seen one take a stage2 wrx first hand from a roll. I don't understand why people call the car a POS (not you, but a couple other people here). It is certainly not the best car around, but for $25k it has a similar slalom as a wrx, similar g's on the skidpad, runs low-mid 14's and will trap 99-101mph.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    That only pertains to the automatic though.

The 6spd will absolutely destroy a stock wrx, and I have seen one take a stage2 wrx first hand from a roll. I don't understand why people call the car a POS (not you, but a couple other people here). It is certainly not the best car around, but for $25k it has a similar slalom as a wrx, similar g's on the skidpad, runs low-mid 14's and will trap 99-101mph.
    I agree the car is not crap. I have raced two. One at staged 1: I slowly crept away from. One at stg. 2 I pulled pretty hard from at a 30 and 60 roll. They move from a roll just as well as a s2000 and 350z. I'm sure if I was stock it would have been reverse.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone

This race will be closer than you think....a friend of mine has one and it has a good amount of tq....if you were to go from a roll i would put money on the GT if its a manual
    Boosted K20

Quote Originally Posted by Spooling2.0 View Post
    This race will be closer than you think....a friend of mine has one and it has a good amount of tq....if you were to go from a roll i would put money on the GT if its a manual
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

why you say bs?
    Boosted K20

I Support ClubWRX
    why you say bs?
    I'm thinking he doesn't believe you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I like big asses though...you should see the girl I'm seeing now (former Field Hockey player )
    we require pictars....
    --== Hawkeye Alliance Member #096 ==--

2007 OBP STi
    Shorty Shifter, Boost Gauge

I raced many GT eclipses in my days in the driver seat of a WRX and non ever got close to me. Not sure if they were all autos but I raced from a roll everytime, even stock pulled hard an 06

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
    we require pictars....
    +1
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm thinking he doesn't believe you.

Ray is on point...I drove a stock GT V6 manual and it hardly felt like it would be anywhere near a WRX...fun little cars, don't get me wrong...but they are missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySparc View Post
    we require pictars....

Can't...TR might ban me

I Support ClubWRX
    Ray is on point...I drove a stock GT V6 manual and it hardly felt like it would be anywhere near a WRX...fun little cars, don't get me wrong...but they are missing something...
    Are we talking about the current model 263hp/260torque Eclipse? I'm not Donnie, so I can't rattle off quartermile times for the car, but with that output and less drivetrain loss, I'm thinking it would do surprisingly well after the start. Granted, it's supposed to be on the heavy side...

As with my G35, it probably doesn't FEEL as fast because of a linear torque curve.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast