2007 wrx vs. 2006 mitsu eclipse GT - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2007 wrx vs. 2006 mitsu eclipse GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I love the lack of knowledge flowing throughout this thread. A stock wrx is not going to take a 6spd ...

I love the lack of knowledge flowing throughout this thread.

A stock wrx is not going to take a 6spd Eclipse GT "over and over again". Every single time a thread of this car comes up I always have to be the bad guy that posts data of this car running low-mid 14's @ 100mph with some dudes on the forums hitting high 13's.

With a great driver it is certainly possible for the wrx to win, but it will not be a blowout. Hell, in most instances, my money would be on the Eclipse unless I absolutely knew the wrx driver was top notch with his launches and shifting.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I love the lack of knowledge flowing throughout this thread.

A stock wrx is not going to take a 6spd Eclipse GT "over and over again". Every single time a thread of this car comes up I always have to be the bad guy that posts data of this car running low-mid 14's @ 100mph with some dudes on the forums hitting high 13's.

With a great driver it is certainly possible for the wrx to win, but it will not be a blowout. Hell, in most instances, my money would be on the Eclipse unless I absolutely knew the wrx driver was top notch with his launches and shifting.
    I have to agree^^^

Launches are key to the WRX winning this race. The GTs have deceptively good power and pretty torquey engines. The displacement helps them big time...

Driver's Race ultimately...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I hate to say this, but you will likely get slaughtered (new car, etc).

I've seen stock Eclipse GT trap as high as 102mph, which is STi territory.
    Last edited by WRXreX; 06-28-2007 at 09:55 PM.

I have yet to see a V6 race, the 4cyl are very under powered. I was considering buy a new Eclipse because i was going to go for the V6 6speed, but i just figured it was time to get away from Mitsubishi.

Not a bad looking kit.

This one looks good too.
    Last edited by Slider; 06-28-2007 at 10:38 PM.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Yeah, they catch a lot of crap for being a chick car, etc.. etc...

But in the end, they look pretty decent when modded, can hit high 13's @ 101 stock, and trap as high as 105 with bolt on's and butt-loads of torque.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    I have yet to see a V6 race, the 4cyl are very under powered. I was considering buy a new Eclipse because i was going to go for the V6 6speed, but i just figured it was time to get away from Mitsubishi.

Not a bad looking kit.
    Is that the stock aero package? I know some of them have it and look pretty aggressive...

A chick car that will Own a lot of stuff out there though, ha!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

those body kits do look good, almost like a Supra mixed with a new 350Z, still a chicks car though i wouldn't race him for a while, if at all, wait till you're comfortable with the shifting and changed the oil & filter at least
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

I think the 09's should be getting a face lift, with Mitsu its a pattern of 3 years before a face lift happens...a'la 00-02 was a open mouth front, than in 03-05 was integrated fog lights into the bumper.

The ass end is too bulbous looking, but the spoilers those guys have in the pics i posted cut down on that look.

Edit: Yeah mike thats the stock Aero kit, i think it looks damn good
    Last edited by Slider; 06-29-2007 at 02:27 PM.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    I think the 09's should be getting a face lift, with Mitsu its a pattern of 3 years before a face lift happens...a'la 00-02 was a open mouth front, than in 03-05 was integrated fog lights into the bumper.

The ass end is too bulbous looking, but the spoilers those guys have in the pics i posted cut down on that look.

Edit: Yeah mike thats the stock Aero kit, i think it looks damn good
    +1...like I said, aggressive...

I like big asses though...you should see the girl I'm seeing now (former Field Hockey player )

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    +1...like I said, aggressive...

I like big asses though...you should see the girl I'm seeing now (former Field Hockey player )
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

so the general consensus is that i should wait till 1500-ish (i'm at 1200 now) and that it would pretty much be up to my skill at launching/shifting? his car is an auto so all he does it use the auto-stick to shift, i have to worry about winding out the turbo then dropping the rpm's before losing boost so i can get a decent launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Me too!!

Big asses FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Metallus View Post
    so the general consensus is that i should wait till 1500-ish (i'm at 1200 now) and that it would pretty much be up to my skill at launching/shifting? his car is an auto so all he does it use the auto-stick to shift, i have to worry about winding out the turbo then dropping the rpm's before losing boost so i can get a decent launch.
    Wait its Automatic? As long as you dont screw up the launch you should take him (i dont know by how much, but it has to be slower than the 6MT).
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Me too!!

Big asses FTW!
    -1, at least if you're in it for the long term.

Big asses become HUGE asses in 10 years. You really want your girl to have a rear end the size of a dump truck?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    -1, at least if you're in it for the long term.

Big asses become HUGE asses in 10 years. You really want your girl to have a rear end the size of a dump truck?
    +1, there should be a good median.

I don't want a flat ass or anything, but small and firm is nice. Big asses are fine and fun now (seeing as I am only 21) but later down the line that big ass becomes huge hips and a jello-butt.
    Just call me Clark Kent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.