STi vs 911

This is a discussion on STi vs 911 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well i was on my way home from Home Depot after getting a filter to cut down and replace my ...

STi vs 911

Well i was on my way home from Home Depot after getting a filter to cut down and replace my cabin air filter. Now im driving down the road and see a red 911 in my rearview. Hes behind me about 100 ft. the light im coming up to turns red and theres nobody in the lane next to me. I said to myself if he switches lanes he wants to go for it. Yep he switched lanes pulled up next to me not all the way though about to my rear door. I was ready for the light to turn green holding down my water spray button watching the light. Now im not sure if he really wanted to go so i didnt blast off just kinda quick until i heard him floor it. I heard a little whine so it might have been a turbo but im not sure. Well the second i heard him slam it down i got on it...stayed at the same place at my rear door thru 2dn and 3rd started to walk him 4th and i was a cars length away then shut it down at like 80-85...and he turned into a parking lot...thought he would have been alot quicker...cause i know he was getting on it...oh well beat him anyway.....NICE!!!
    Invidia Catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti Catback, APS CAI, Perrin lightweight pulley, AP Stage 2 Protuned, cleared headlights, pillar less grill mod, red havac and key ring lights, Rota Revs Royal Black Falken RT-615's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! I caught up to a Carrera that had the jump on me a week ago. Although in your case, if he was turbo, i think the outcome would have been different. Was it a newer 911?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

I think a turbo would have won up top as they trap 114-116 stock. However, having raced a 911 turbo in my Stealth, he wasn't catching up (I won on the timeslip) at the traps as much as I thought a car that quick should be judging just by the numbers. Too bad I still had the stock turbos
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Newer i dont know...it was clean looked new and shiny with some nice chrome bling bling rims but i dont think it was say an 06 or anything
    Invidia Catted DP, HKS Carbon Ti Catback, APS CAI, Perrin lightweight pulley, AP Stage 2 Protuned, cleared headlights, pillar less grill mod, red havac and key ring lights, Rota Revs Royal Black Falken RT-615's

Quote Originally Posted by ronbang View Post
    Newer i dont know...it was clean looked new and shiny with some nice chrome bling bling rims but i dont think it was say an 06 or anything

deff not turbo. most 911 looks very simalar from 00 to current so its hard to tell what year it was. either way there also all very close in out put potiential.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

wow.. just goes to show bling bling rims dont' make you fast
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I've noticed most newer turbo's almost look old. They are very subdued. in appearance. A guy I work with started of with a carrera S4. He and I used to play on the highway. He lost a few times so now he has an 06 turbo. My STi isnt much competition for him that big f-6 isnt something to frown apon
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

yeah a new turbo would have owned you. 480 hp 520 ft lbs at 2800 rpm!! anyway, for the 07 the turbo they went back to the oval headlights to give a hint back to the original light design of the 911s. The regular 911, carrera, 4s etc have from 315 to 360 ish hp i think. So I think it's usually a close race.

all the speeds and racing aside, i just fell obligated to say I love the fatass tires on porches...

If the mods in your signature are intact, then you probably smoked a new carrera 2S or 4S. 3.4ts would'nt keep up with you the way you tell.

The fact is that up from 996, our N/A flat six boxer brothers almost have the same performance. Their perfromance figures vary little. They tended to grow on reliability and throttle response and widening the torque band. The engines range from 300hp 3.4lt 996 whichs 1998 or 2002, to 350hp 3.8lt S's which are 997 and 2002-2006. Between are 3.6 320hps. They all 0-60 below 5sec (~4.5-4.7) and 0-100 below 11sec (10.2-10.7).

You'd have got past should you continued beyond 110mph, but thats another story. Congrats Another win for us scoobies

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Since he didn't have the guts to even look you in the eye,he deserves the slap down even more.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red