04 WRX Wagon vs XX Fiero

This is a discussion on 04 WRX Wagon vs XX Fiero within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've known the guy for a few years and he hasn't had this car real long (few months) so I ...

04 WRX Wagon vs XX Fiero

I've known the guy for a few years and he hasn't had this car real long (few months) so I haven't had a chance to run him. Not sure of the year (not important anyways) but it's a 5 speed with a supercharged 3.8 out of a Grand Prix. Stock motor, stock pullies and boost pressure. He said his best is an 8.3 in th 1/8th mile.

We decided to go from a 20mph roll with both of us in 1st gear. I honk it off and it's an even start. 1st gear is dead even. We hit 2nd and he pulls ahead by about 2 feet. We hit third and I come back and have him at my back bumper by around 90-95 or so and we let off. It was a damn good run. We were trying to catch a light and run from a stop but it never happened.

He's going to be putting a smaller s/c pulley on in a couple of weeks and we'll probably try it again. I'm going to have to put on a 35 shot or something then.

My mods are 18" wheels wooooo, gutted up-pipe, 3" tbe with 2 high flow cats, vf39, sti tmic, sti pink injectors, ebay turbo inlet pipe, k&n filter, and a cobb ecu reflash.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Let Us Know What Happens With The Next Run

Now if he'll only change the pulley on his supercharger, he could really get moving.

That's probably the best engine swap you can do in the Fiero. It makes more sense than a v8 swap simply due to weight.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

whys your sig say stage 2 if your running with a vf-39 and supporting mods?

good run btw
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    whys your sig say stage 2 if your running with a vf-39 and supporting mods?

good run btw
    Cause I've been too lazy to change it. Try to get around to that tonight.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    Now if he'll only change the pulley on his supercharger, he could really get moving.

That's probably the best engine swap you can do in the Fiero. It makes more sense than a v8 swap simply due to weight.
    anything GM fits in them oddly enough. i personally would do a lt1/ls1 swap .

my buddy has a 01 GTP with pulley and intake. his 4dr version wieghs over 3800lbs from the factory. I got it down to a 14.97 at 94. traction problems killed it, tires also only rated to 110mph... next though is good rims/tires and full exhuast. should do low 14's easy. good motor's till low 13's

Nice run! Before I got my wrx, I was into Fieros for like 10 years. You wouldn't believe what people are putting in them. Since my wrx is gone, I'm actually getting the Fiero bug again. For less than 6K you can have a low 12 second car, including the car! I know a couple guys that live in Waldorf that daily drive and show their Fieros, both with modded 3800SC. Best track run was a very high 11 sec pass. Nastiest Fiero I've seen was a bored and stroked 383 with nitrous. Over 500 to the wheels. Absolutely sick. Most Fiero people do their swaps themselves. Personally I'm looking for a 4.9 OHV Caddy V8 to swap in one! I'll see if I can get a pic of my turbo'd 86SE I used to have on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister1rg View Post
    If you pushing out less then 20 and u have stock bov or bpv or whatever.....but your pushing more then the stock psi. say 18psi, and say you have an intake or the stock stuff deleted, does that sound chage at all or is it not affeected

2003 MBP 5MT (R.I.P)
    2000 Xterra SE
    2007 Civic EX Coupe