Turbo Focus ST - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31

This is a discussion on Turbo Focus ST within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Subie do Oh ya, nice kill. jk I know. He must have been stunned from me dominating ...

  1. #16
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Oh ya, nice kill.


    jk
    I know. He must have been stunned from me dominating him.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User rodriga2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    77
    forget throat punching... you should've put him in an arm bar!
    07 MB 350Z - Stock, 07 WRX Wagon - Cobb Stg II, 06 CBR600f4i - Yoshimura exhaust

  4. #18
    Registered User Flyingjibus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    254
    What is the Difference between a "Focus ST" and the "SVT Focus"?

    Saw a SVT Focus yesterday but couldn't get him to play....

  5. #19
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Eh... well, i dunno. I know they don't make the SVT anymore. The ST has got a 2.3L motor vs the svt's 2.0L.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  6. #20
    Registered User lordcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Abingdon MD
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingjibus View Post
    What is the Difference between a "Focus ST" and the "SVT Focus"?

    Saw a SVT Focus yesterday but couldn't get him to play....
    The Focus ST is is somewhat of a successor to the Ford Escort Sierra RS; which was a turbo awd hatchback only available in Europe.

    Like the Escort, the Focus ST is only available in the European market. Its a turbo fwd hatchback.

    The SVT Focus was a "performance" model trim of the Focus in the USDM market. It had some mediocre decent performance 4 cyl motor and slightly bigger wheels than other Focus trims. Naturally aspirated.

  7. #21
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    The Focus ST is is somewhat of a successor to the Ford Escort Sierra RS; which was a turbo awd hatchback only available in Europe.

    Like the Escort, the Focus ST is only available in the European market. Its a turbo fwd hatchback.

    The SVT Focus was a "performance" model trim of the Focus in the USDM market. It had some mediocre decent performance 4 cyl motor and slightly bigger wheels than other Focus trims. Naturally aspirated.
    ST Focus in the States is non turbo fwd 2.3L vs a 2.0L that's in the other Focii. Duratec vs Zetec i believe. But there is a ST here in the States, just not a real ST. A lamo version.

    I believe you're refering to the Focus RS though. Cosworth builds them i believe.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  8. #22
    Registered User lordcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Abingdon MD
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    ST Focus in the States is non turbo fwd 2.3L vs a 2.0L that's in the other Focii. Duratec vs Zetec i believe. But there is a ST here in the States, just not a real ST. A lamo version.

    I believe you're refering to the Focus RS though. Cosworth builds them i believe.
    Ah, I stand corrected. Apparently there is a ST Focus sedan over here. but yeah, a pile of crap. Not sure why they called it the same trim level as the Euro performance model. which looks like this:










  9. #23
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    Ah, I stand corrected. Apparently there is a ST Focus sedan over here. but yeah, a pile of crap. Not sure why they called it the same trim level as the Euro performance model. which looks like this:
    Gotcha. Well you corrected me too cuz i didn't know there was a ST Focus in Europe. That's cool though. I think the ST is 5 dr hatch and RS is 3 dr hatch. Maybe i'm wrong again though.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  10. #24
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,960
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ray at Ford Dealer: "Yes, I'd like to have a look at your Focii."

    Salesman: :bill:
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  11. #25
    Registered User lordcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Abingdon MD
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    Gotcha. Well you corrected me too cuz i didn't know there was a ST Focus in Europe. That's cool though. I think the ST is 5 dr hatch and RS is 3 dr hatch. Maybe i'm wrong again though.
    No, you are right. The Euro ST is a 5 door. The Cosworth RS was a 2 door coopish hatch thingy. and fast.

  12. #26
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    No, you are right. The Euro ST is a 5 door. The Cosworth RS was a 2 door coopish hatch thingy. and fast.
    I'm talkin about the Focus RS though. The one they rally. It's a Cosy engine isn't it?

    You're talkin about the RS200 i think? Right?
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  13. #27
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  14. #28
    Registered User lordcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Abingdon MD
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I'm talkin about the Focus RS though. The one they rally. It's a Cosy engine isn't it?

    You're talkin about the RS200 i think? Right?
    yes. Thats the Escort. Except the RS200 wasnt the consumer model, i think it was purely a WRC car. Plus the RS i was talking about was definitely not mid/rear engine like the RS200 is. The consumer model was just called the Escort Cosworth Sierra RS or something like that. but still turbo awd.
    Last edited by lordcon; 06-21-2007 at 12:09 PM.

  15. #29
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    It had to be production though to race in group B. That article says there were 200 somethin made.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  16. #30
    Registered User lordcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Abingdon MD
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    It had to be production though to race in group B. That article says there were 200 somethin made.
    meh, i don't count some super obscure production run. i was mainly talking about the one you would commonly find on the street somewhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •