What would it take to beat an EP3 Hatch

This is a discussion on What would it take to beat an EP3 Hatch within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My buddy just bought a 2004 Honda Civic Si (aka EP3) it has the K20a3 motor (the crappy 160hp VTEC ...

What would it take to beat an EP3 Hatch

My buddy just bought a 2004 Honda Civic Si (aka EP3) it has the K20a3 motor (the crappy 160hp VTEC Honda offered in the 02-05 Civic Si). But heres the kicker, hes already bought a used Jackson Racing Supercharger, an intake, race headers, and a catback.
    http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=45243

Now normally I hate magazine racing but I know for a fact that he will destroy me. So my question is whats the best way to make enough power on my 02 WRX to atleast keep up with him? I am currently XPT Stage 2 with a 3" TBE, gutted UP, K&N Intake Filter. Is there any way I could make enough power with just a dyno tune?
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

new turbo
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

At XPT stage2 you are strong enough to take him HARD from a dig still. Everything I hear about the XPT states it is nearly as strong as a protuned cobb stage2 map.

From a roll though, you will probably need a bigger turbo. The EP3 Si with just bolt on's is good for trap times in the 96/97 range so with that blower he is probably in STI trapspeed area.

If you run him in your current condition go from a dig or very low roll and you should take him. If you want to take him from a higher roll, get a larger turbo.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

To be honest with you I had an 03 EP3 si with header, intake and catback and don't get me wrong it was fun to drive but after having a stage 2 wrx I really doubt even with the SC he will destroy you. I think it might be a good race. From a dig you will kill him. From a roll it will be close maybe (you still coming out on top). Now if it was a rsx-s SC it might be a different story because he would be starting with 200-210hp not 163hp.
    Last edited by 06grayrex; 06-13-2007 at 11:47 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Def. let us know how the race goes. I am interested to hear the results.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.