2 new kills for a noob
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2 new kills for a noob within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Kill 1 - About 3 days ago, I see a red blur fly by me while my girl and I ...

2 new kills for a noob

Kill 1 - About 3 days ago, I see a red blur fly by me while my girl and I were crusin one night. Well I see that car up ahead and its going really slow as if its waiting for me to catch up. I pull up next to it and its a VW Jetta (its a 2000 something, but its those ones that have the more aggressive styling and the "fork" styled multi-spoke wheels). Anyways the guy tells me its turbocharged and that he has an intake and exhaust and if I want to race. Since it was about midnight on a lonely 4 lane road, I figure why not... so i tell him, "From a dig!"... He agrees and my girl honks 3 times with us going on the 3rd. I utilized the 3K-4K slip method to launch... and well by the time he gets traction, I'm about a bus length in front of him and pulling.... yay

Kill 2 - I'm not sure if he was a badge queen or really had a Mustang GT, but as far as I could tell it was a late 90's mustang GT with the 4.8 badges on the side fenders, he had an aftermarket exhaust, and had like 3 of four gauges mounted to his a-pillar. Anyways he kept revving at me four like four blocks when I told him to just follow me to this back road that leads to a condemmed factory. He was alone in his car and I had 3 other people plus myself in my wagon. We went on the 3rd honk, and just like the above race I was multiple car lengths and pullin by the time his tires hooked up.

*Puts on firesuit in preparation for illegal steet racing flaming*
    07 MB 350Z - Stock, 07 WRX Wagon - Cobb Stg II, 06 CBR600f4i - Yoshimura exhaust

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

they couldnt get traction ? the road wasnt hot enough or were u racing on sand ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rodriga2 View Post
    Kill 1 - About 3 days ago, I see a red blur fly by me while my girl and I were crusin one night. Well I see that car up ahead and its going really slow as if its waiting for me to catch up. I pull up next to it and its a VW Jetta (its a 2000 something, but its those ones that have the more aggressive styling and the "fork" styled multi-spoke wheels). Anyways the guy tells me its turbocharged and that he has an intake and exhaust and if I want to race. Since it was about midnight on a lonely 4 lane road, I figure why not... so i tell him, "From a dig!"... He agrees and my girl honks 3 times with us going on the 3rd. I utilized the 3K-4K slip method to launch... and well by the time he gets traction, I'm about a bus length in front of him and pulling.... yay

Kill 2 - I'm not sure if he was a badge queen or really had a Mustang GT, but as far as I could tell it was a late 90's mustang GT with the 4.8 badges on the side fenders, he had an aftermarket exhaust, and had like 3 of four gauges mounted to his a-pillar. Anyways he kept revving at me four like four blocks when I told him to just follow me to this back road that leads to a condemmed factory. He was alone in his car and I had 3 other people plus myself in my wagon. We went on the 3rd honk, and just like the above race I was multiple car lengths and pullin by the time his tires hooked up.

*Puts on firesuit in preparation for illegal steet racing flaming*
    o yeah street racing is wrong too
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

LMAO.... no sand..... the stang was spinning his tires most of the way, and the jetta was spinning excessively and had pretty bad wheel hop from I could tell... maybe they didnt know when to launch
    07 MB 350Z - Stock, 07 WRX Wagon - Cobb Stg II, 06 CBR600f4i - Yoshimura exhaust

LMAO.... no sand..... the stang was spinning his tires most of the way, and the jetta was spinning excessively and had pretty bad wheel hop from I could tell... maybe they didnt know when to launch
    wheel hop from a roll
    the only car ive ever seen spin tires from a roll is a well built tt supra
    good kills tho bro
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I'm not sure if you read my ENTIRE post, lol... but I raced both of them from a dig.... not from a roll.

There is no way you beat a Mustang GT with 3 people in your car unless he was asleep.. I believe the v6 stangs have a single exhaust and on the rear bumper there is only one cutout for the exhaust. I think that the real GT's have the bumpers configured for dual exhaust.. That's one way I've always been able to tell when some guy is driving his v6 badge queen around anyway.

I Support ClubWRX
    I killed a stock squirrel with my Stage 2 Rex once. He went from a dig, but once I got traction, it was all over. The contents of the squirrel coated one of my tires, so I had 3wd for a moment.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by ww_Crimson View Post
    There is no way you beat a Mustang GT with 3 people in your car unless he was asleep.. I believe the v6 stangs have a single exhaust and on the rear bumper there is only one cutout for the exhaust. I think that the real GT's have the bumpers configured for dual exhaust.. That's one way I've always been able to tell when some guy is driving his v6 badge queen around anyway.
    Don't the V6s now offer some sort of GT appearance package (dual exhaust, foglights in the grill, etc.)?

If so, it might not be so easy to tell the two apart.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Sounds like an 04-05 Jetta GLI Anniversary...1.8T engine is just the same as all the other 1.8T's except it looks prettier. You should smoke the hell outta him. Good kill...

Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post
    Don't the V6s now offer some sort of GT appearance package (dual exhaust, foglights in the grill, etc.)?

They do offer a package, it has some aero styling and fogs, but the fogs are noticably smaller than the GT Fogs and I am yet to see any of the GT Style V6's actually have dual exhaust...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    wheel hop from a roll
    the only car ive ever seen spin tires from a roll is a well built tt supra
    good kills tho bro

ive seen a 1000hp supra spin the tires from a 75MPH roll...

Quote Originally Posted by Jmag034 View Post
    ive seen a 1000hp supra spin the tires from a 75MPH roll...
    so have i, that sh!t was crazy
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

A 98 mustang would be a late 90's mustang and I dont think they had the exhaust set into the bumper. I think they did that in 99. And it's a 4.6 liter. I don't remember when they changed from the 5.0 though, maybe in 95 or 96.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Geese1 View Post

Pony package... but it still screams V6, and it doesn't have dual exhaust. The daisy wheels look sweet though. grey, clear coat with chromed lip.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Yeah im not too familiar with mustangs but I think for like 00-04 or whatever set of years that model was, were the ones with the bumper designed the way I was talkin about -- I could definitely be wrong though.

Either way I don't see a true GT losing to a fully loaded (weight wise) WRX. 13 second car vs. 14 second car with 600 pounds?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.