Track Day: E30 M3 vs 06 STI

This is a discussion on Track Day: E30 M3 vs 06 STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my buddy took Skip Barber Racing School and owns an 06 STI. My other friend owns a BMW repair ...

Track Day: E30 M3 vs 06 STI

So my buddy took Skip Barber Racing School and owns an 06 STI. My other friend owns a BMW repair shop and runs a track ready E30 1988 M3. He has one of around 200 to not have a sunroof. He has swaybars, electronicly controlled coilovers, etc. He's running 230 hp to the rear wheels and because the car is so light and handles so well, he smoked the STI on the track.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    E30 M3's are sweet. Pretty much a track car from the factory. I'd love to give one of those a drive.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

he let me drive it around the autocross track the other day...it's amazing, but having only driven FWD and AWD cars, that car has a learning curve. I can't wait to take skip barber in the summer...i signed up for high perf. driving school; get to drive M3's and Carreras
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...