Crazy Illegal fun - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

This is a discussion on Crazy Illegal fun within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sounds fun.. you shoulda got pictures of all those badass cars...

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    275
    Sounds fun.. you shoulda got pictures of all those badass cars

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,156
    yea, I was a little nervous to pull out a camera since it was my first time at one of these...
    But I surely will if I ever do it again.

  4. #33
    Registered User gimme_cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NY/NJ/SoCal
    Posts
    52
    Please share your story over at Nasioc. They'll definitely appreciate the good times that you had at that event.

  5. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dirtee Jersee
    Posts
    0
    seriously though, 1/2 mile straight driveway in an abandoned industrial park....the most harm we did was pee behind a building.
    Street racing and indecent exposure? pfft

    -2

    bad bad boy.

  6. #35
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,156
    Quote Originally Posted by gimme_cat View Post
    Please share your story over at Nasioc. They'll definitely appreciate the good times that you had at that event.
    really now?
    i figured they'd be a less accepting crowd, especially considering my post count over there

  7. #36
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,304
    Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    really now?
    i figured they'd be a less accepting crowd, especially considering my post count over there
    I think that was the sarcasm of it...


    I don't condone street racing at all because there are a lot of accidents and unnecessary death and injury going on because of it because of a lot of morons that do stupid stuff. Its not something I do at all...But that revolves around a lot of traffic and dangerously packed areas.

    If you get down to brass tacks, how different is a secluded abandoned industrial park from a secluded packed racetrack? Still have buildings, cars, and people you can all crash into just the same...the only difference is, one is illegal, and the other is legal...the same idiots that cause problems when street racing, could cause the same problems and make the same mistakes on a legal track situation...

    just playing some devil's advocate
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  8. #37
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,582
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I think that was the sarcasm of it...


    I don't condone street racing at all because there are a lot of accidents and unnecessary death and injury going on because of it because of a lot of morons that do stupid stuff. Its not something I do at all...But that revolves around a lot of traffic and dangerously packed areas.

    If you get down to brass tacks, how different is a secluded abandoned industrial park from a secluded packed racetrack? Still have buildings, cars, and people you can all crash into just the same...the only difference is, one is illegal, and the other is legal...the same idiots that cause problems when street racing, could cause the same problems and make the same mistakes on a legal track situation...

    just playing some devil's advocate
    1: As you already stated, one is illegal.
    2: Rules and safety
    3: At the track, they normally try to protect spectators
    4: At the track, medical care is 45 seconds away.

    At an event such as this, one would get praised for doing a really cool donut right by the crowd. At the track, you would be thrown out for causing a dangerous situation.

    At an event such as this, you can race with your buddy hanging halfway out of an open window in a car with no brakes. At the track your car will need to pass a safety inspection, and you will be required to wear belts and helmets.

    At an event such as this, when you roll your car, you sit and wait for medical help for quite some time while you and your buddy are bleeding to death. At the track they are on the scene in 45 seconds to save your life.

    I could go on forever.

  9. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dirtee Jersee
    Posts
    0
    I condone all forms of illegal activities. except peeing in public.

    [/sarcasm] I know people will miss it...

  10. #39
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    1: As you already stated, one is illegal.
    2: Rules and safety
    3: At the track, they normally try to protect spectators
    4: At the track, medical care is 45 seconds away.

    At an event such as this, one would get praised for doing a really cool donut right by the crowd. At the track, you would be thrown out for causing a dangerous situation.

    At an event such as this, you can race with your buddy hanging halfway out of an open window in a car with no brakes. At the track your car will need to pass a safety inspection, and you will be required to wear belts and helmets.

    At an event such as this, when you roll your car, you sit and wait for medical help for quite some time while you and your buddy are bleeding to death. At the track they are on the scene in 45 seconds to save your life.

    I could go on forever.

    All valid points of course...but I guess the track I race at is pretty scary now that I think about it. Atco here in Jersey, the fans are protected by a small fence, but its about 20 feet away. Shrapnel from a crash or explosion could still hurt anyone. Helmets and safety belts are obviously a major plus in organized legal racing and do save you from serious head injury, but at speeds to 100+ sometimes they really don't make much of a difference when your head is severed from the spine or a missing limb or something of that nature. Seatbelts may save lives, but they aren't seatbelts made for racing unless you have harnesses...I'm sure you know all this though...

    And I know you're already gonna call me an idiot for saying the above...but I'm just making a point-speed kills whether its legal or not, rules or not, safety features or not...no matter where you are, its a damn dangerous thing to be racing at high speeds. Risks are everywhere...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  11. #40
    Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,582
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    All valid points of course...but I guess the track I race at is pretty scary now that I think about it. Atco here in Jersey, the fans are protected by a small fence, but its about 20 feet away. Shrapnel from a crash or explosion could still hurt anyone. Helmets and safety belts are obviously a major plus in organized legal racing and do save you from serious head injury, but at speeds to 100+ sometimes they really don't make much of a difference when your head is severed from the spine or a missing limb or something of that nature. Seatbelts may save lives, but they aren't seatbelts made for racing unless you have harnesses...I'm sure you know all this though...

    And I know you're already gonna call me an idiot for saying the above...but I'm just making a point-speed kills whether its legal or not, rules or not, safety features or not...no matter where you are, its a damn dangerous thing to be racing at high speeds. Risks are everywhere...
    Yup. Speed does kill. Unregulated speed kills more.

  12. #41
    Luke Skywalker Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Yup. Speed does kill. Unregulated speed kills more.
    That I can agree with completely as well...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  13. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dirtee Jersee
    Posts
    0
    You don't get speeding tickets at the track.

    There's an industrial park here people get ticketed at all the time cause you can hear the catless downpipes from a mile away... it's closed off but not in the middle of nowhere that you'd go unnoticed....

    Honestly half the reason i don't street race is fear of getting a ticket. The other half is my mom's voice telling me my car's a death machine lol. DEATH TO EVOS MAYBE?!?!?!

  14. #43
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    1: As you already stated, one is illegal.
    2: Rules and safety
    3: At the track, they normally try to protect spectators
    4: At the track, medical care is 45 seconds away.

    At an event such as this, one would get praised for doing a really cool donut right by the crowd. At the track, you would be thrown out for causing a dangerous situation.

    At an event such as this, you can race with your buddy hanging halfway out of an open window in a car with no brakes. At the track your car will need to pass a safety inspection, and you will be required to wear belts and helmets.

    At an event such as this, when you roll your car, you sit and wait for medical help for quite some time while you and your buddy are bleeding to death. At the track they are on the scene in 45 seconds to save your life.

    I could go on forever.
    since this was my first time ever doing anything like this, I guess I'm a little naive, but nobody did any donuts, only a few burnouts just like you'd see at the track. Everybody parked their cars 15-20 ft from the road. only people ever on the street were the ones in the race and the person starting it. one guy did show up with a lot of beer but thankfully someone convinced him to leave...

  15. #44
    Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    oHIo
    Posts
    16,744
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Yup. Speed does kill. Unregulated speed kills more.
    We need a lot more legal places to race,especially near the big urban centers.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

  16. #45
    Registered User efmd3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    9,156
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    We need a lot more legal places to race,especially near the big urban centers.
    +1 school zones just don't cut it for me anymore

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •