WRX vs. Corvette
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Corvette within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I am on my way to the airport to pick up a buddy and I am behind a 98/99 ...

WRX vs. Corvette

So I am on my way to the airport to pick up a buddy and I am behind a 98/99 Corvette. We are at a light waiting to turn left and the light turns green and he doesn't go, he just sits there. I was pretty mad because it is a short light...soo...I turned left into a gas station to cut through so I could keep going. At that time he decided to go and we meet side by side on the next road, from there I got past him so I could turn right onto the interstate. He followed.

He starts tailgating me on the onramp so I figure what the heck, lets give it a shot. I start off in 2nd gear and floor it, I was ahead of him all the way until 120 and then he passed me and I stopped around 130. He slowed down and gave me the surprise thumbs up. He turned out to not be a complete idiot. I gave him a thumbs up and went on my way.

Now I know, my car isn't as fast as a new vette, but against a late 90's, possibly automatic Corvette, I held up pretty well until the dreaded 4th gear.
    2013 WRX SWP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmmm at least he didn't give you a thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 05silverWRX View Post
    So I am on my way to the airport to pick up a buddy and I am behind a 98/99 Corvette. We are at a light waiting to turn left and the light turns green and he doesn't go, he just sits there. I was pretty mad because it is a short light...soo...I turned left into a gas station to cut through so I could keep going. At that time he decided to go and we meet side by side on the next road, from there I got past him so I could turn right onto the interstate. He followed.

He starts tailgating me on the onramp so I figure what the heck, lets give it a shot. I start off in 2nd gear and floor it, I was ahead of him all the way until 120 and then he passed me and I stopped around 130. He slowed down and gave me the surprise thumbs up. He turned out to not be a complete idiot. I gave him a thumbs up and went on my way.

Now I know, my car isn't as fast as a new vette, but against a late 90's, possibly automatic Corvette, I held up pretty well until the dreaded 4th gear.
    What road(s) were you on? The only thing that has challenged me here since I got my car over a year ago, was an '02 M3, which surprisingly resulted in embarrassment for the M3 driver (I nailed the launch and the M3 driver missed third). This was on Mboro Rd where Briley crosses over it going towards town.

Do you have any mods on your car?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    What road(s) were you on? The only thing that has challenged me here since I got my car over a year ago, was an '02 M3, which surprisingly resulted in embarrassment for the M3 driver (I nailed the launch and the M3 driver missed third). This was on Mboro Rd where Briley crosses over it going towards town.

Do you have any mods on your car?
    I was on 40 by Mount Juliet.

Helix DP
    Greddy EVO2 CBE
    Perrin UP
    SPT Intake
    Cobb Main Pulley
    IC Hoses
    Stage 2 Cobb flash

I am running about a 13.5 @ 100 with my current mods. I am going to be getting it tuned this summer once I put a Cobb TBE on it.
    2013 WRX SWP

chevy guys are cool most the time... its the ford guys who are a-holes. kinda weird how things work out...

So what a ricer fly by called in an american car?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Nascar
    CGM

Nascar
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Nascar

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Good run.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    The only thing that has challenged me here since I got my car over a year ago, was an '02 M3, which surprisingly resulted in embarrassment for the M3 driver (I nailed the launch and the M3 driver missed third).
    So it really wasn't a win was it?
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Nice to hear that our cars can put up a decent fight against some v8s
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    Good run.

So it really wasn't a win was it?
    A win is a win... Missing a gear is equal to being slow
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

nice run
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    A win is a win... Missing a gear is equal to being slow
    Good point!
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    Nascar

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.