06 wrx or 06 stang gt?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx or 06 stang gt? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i've got a 06 wrx being delivered to a local dealership. the other car i'm looking at is an 06 ...

06 wrx or 06 stang gt?

i've got a 06 wrx being delivered to a local dealership. the other car i'm looking at is an 06 mustang gt. both are equal prices, 20k. the wrx has 11k miles the stang has 25k miles. i know both cars approach performance differently. one is a rally bred awd sedan the other is a signature v8 muscle car. i like the looks of each car almost equally, but a slight edge goes to the stang in that department.

the stang is so stupidly easy to modify. i don't really want to go down the endless modifying path again, though nothing is set in stone. according to the research i've done the wrx isn't as easy to modify and cost more money to mod. which to me is a good and a bad thing.

lol, i'm pretty sure i know what kind of answer i'm going to get here, but here's my question: 06 wrx, 06 stang gt, equal price, low miles on both, which do you choose and why?
    Last edited by jaded seconds; 05-29-2007 at 04:39 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Subaru>Ford
    CGM

wrx- pro's imo
    gas mileage
    resale value
    awd <-- for rain
    dirt roads
    less mileage
    less shakes and rattel's

gt- pro's imo
    faster
    cheaper parts
    yeah thats all i can think of
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    wrx- pro's imo
    gas mileage
    resale value
    awd <-- for rain
    dirt roads
    less mileage
    less shakes and rattel's

gt- pro's imo
    faster
    cheaper parts
    yeah thats all i can think of
    that Stang i heard is fun, and you can make them fast as ****,.. but you can also make hte WRX fast as ****.. but for more money.. if your interested in speed, as im sure you are.... think to yourself if your going to jsut drive around on streets or on the track...

but this guy is right.. there are far more pro's with the WRX.. espically the gas..
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #0284
    TwoThousandSeven WRX TR..

How much are you looking to spend in the aftermarket? I happen to love the mustang but these cars are hard to compare because of the diff. The mustang has very comfortable front seats but no room in back. The WRX has more race enspired seats that are less comfortable but will keep you planted in the corners and also has functional back seats. WRX insurance will be alot less. Fuel economy is alot better with a wrx 28mpg. The wrx has the ability to handle in the twisties. AWD>RWD, if you live were it snows it is no contest, nothing more fun the a wrx in snow. As for modding it is dif. then a mustang. Your first mods should be a reliable engine management system and a turbo back exhaust. With the aid of a pro-tune you can run low to mid 13's all day for about $1000 if you buy cheap. I think the WRX is alot more fun to drive because of the way it handles in daily driving(can be a racecar and perfectly streetable). I think the WRX looks better when it is lowered and has a lip, alot better. Also mustangs are becoming a dime a dozzen and having a rarer car is fun. If I were in your situation I would def. pick the WRX if you planned on modding it. I assume you posted this in a mustang forum and I am interested in there responses because they don't seem to like us, and they severly under est. the power of our little 4cyl. I love my car and wouldn't trade it in for anything else but maybe an STI or some upscale exotic which I could never afford but for what ever reason the owner wants to trade for my used WRX. The last thing I have to say is owning a WRX is like being in a fraternity, we all wave to each other, help each other out in the forums, and are always happy to see another Subie at a meet or in a parking lot.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

I Support ClubWRX
    If I didnt have to worry about snow the wrx/STI wouldnt make my list. Being that it appears you live in FL I doubt you have to worry about snow.

Personally I'd look into Mustangs out of the two for that area. If money isnt an issue I'd sweep up a used C5 Z06 but that's just me personally.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If I didnt have to worry about snow the wrx/STI wouldnt make my list. Being that it appears you live in FL I doubt you have to worry about snow.
    i also live in fl and while we dont really have to worry about snow we do have to worry about dirt roads... there are alot of dirt roads here and we also get rain every day for about 3 months str8 and sudden floods...
    awd while most people might think we dont need it in fl it comes in real handy... i see mustangs in the rain trying to make u turns and ending up on the bank(we really dont have too many side walks)
    thats just me tho
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i also live in fl and while we dont really have to worry about snow we do have to worry about dirt roads... there are alot of dirt roads here and we also get rain every day for about 3 months str8 and sudden floods...
    awd while most people might think we dont need it in fl it comes in real handy... i see mustangs in the rain trying to make u turns and ending up on the bank(we really dont have too many side walks)
    thats just me tho
    Yeah I dont know through I dont think I could pass up the RWD for rain. Having driven a Mustang with bald tires in rain/snow I'd probaly feel pretty good in FL rain with some decent tires.

I was surprised at how much it rained in FL when I was down there.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

SRT4 if you want to be fast or WRX either way
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Yeah I dont know through I dont think I could pass up the RWD for rain. Having driven a Mustang with bald tires in rain/snow I'd probaly feel pretty good in FL rain with some decent tires.

I was surprised at how much it rained in FL when I was down there.
    not to "diss" my own floridians but you would think it rains so much down here they would get use to it but idk.
    not saying that the op might now know how to drive a rwd in the rain but you would be supprised @ how many accidents we have when it rains...

coming from nyc and driving in the snow/ice ect like you i think we know how to control a car a little more when its raining,snowing/ice ect
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

thanks for the great info. with your input and all the research i've done, the wrx is the one i want even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    I assume you posted this in a mustang forum and I am interested in there responses because they don't seem to like us, and they severly under est. the power of our little 4cyl.
    i didn't have to, someone already posted a topic like this before. haha. here it is just in case you're wondering about there responses. http://www.mustangforums.com/m_2809666/tm.htm

I was surprised at how most of the mustang people somewhat respected the STi, i'm impressed. IMO, Sti's arent that expensive to modify, there is cheap stuff out there, plus its an all weather car, even with mods. Mustangs can get real fast, but are useless in rain, snow, wind, anything other than dry sunny times. I guess it depends on your intent, if you want a good straight line car, get a mustang and cut the top off. If you want a fun all year car, get a WRX.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

As someone who just traded a very nice Roush mustang for a new STI, i am in no way, shape, or form unhappy with my trade.

As a daily driver i'd say the WRX is the better bet for weather concerns, but the mustangs are fun to drive.

I would drive both and buy whichever you enjoy the feel of more.

I have an '06 wrx and a '91 mustang GT. I love both of them, but for completely different reasons. My WRX is great because it gets me where ever the hell I want to go. The WRX pulls hard and handles great. But the Mustang is just stupid fast in the straight line and just isn't as practical as the WRX. Granted my Mustang is far from being brand new like the '06 you're looking at. But either way is a good choice IMO. Good luck man

This a tough decision.

If you lived somewhere that saw snow I would say WRX hands down. But I have to agree with 302psi here in the sense that if I lived in a state that didn't have snow, I wouldn't own a wrx. I probably wouldn't own a Stang GT either, but you get the point.

You already know what each car offers over the other... but one thing I do want to clear up is the modability of the wrx. In the last year the wrx has become MUCH easier to mod, ESPECIALLY the 06/07.

Stage2: Turboback exhaust $400-$700 (depending on brand), XPT stage2 map $50, Tactrix cable $90. A total of ~ $700 on average and you are looking at 230whp/260tq and low 13's.

Take all of the above, but with a new XPT map $50, fuel pump $100, VF34/39 turbo $600. A total of ~ $1700 and you are looking at 280whp/300tq+ and 12's.

Granted, the stang will be faster for less money, but the wrx is still ones of the easiest and cheapest cars to mod.

That said, I would go with the Mustang. They look good, have a strong tranny/motor and take well to mods. In the wrx you have to worry about the tranny breaking with that type of power. In the stang you can do full exhaust, rear end, etc.. and make over 300whp and run 12's and never have to worry about the transmission having problems.
    I was not crazy about the new GT, but I have yet to meet an owner who has not liked the car.

Of course, test drive both and I am sure that will make the decision for you.

I would go with the Mustang GT now, and then in a few years (assuming you have more money) either blow the stang GT (s/c'er) or sell it for an STi/Evo.
    Last edited by DTR rex; 05-28-2007 at 01:58 PM.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast