06 wrx or 06 stang gt? - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 100

This is a discussion on 06 wrx or 06 stang gt? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex Also good suggestions. But maybe not sporty enough for what he wants, and short of ...

  1. #76
    Registered User fenderwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southwestern MA
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Also good suggestions. But maybe not sporty enough for what he wants, and short of boost, those cars are not very modable.
    i saw one with a fmic/supercharger setup in modified mag, but that dude prolly dropped 25k into his G. I have always loved the G35 though, it was a good match to the E36/46 M3's...but the E92 M3 will annihilate all


    ....even the srt-4.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #77
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    i saw one with a fmic/supercharger setup in modified mag, but that dude prolly dropped 25k into his G. I have always loved the G35 though, it was a good match to the E36/46 M3's...but the E92 M3 will annihilate all


    ....even the srt-4.
    Yeah, I have always loved the G's too.

    But they are just not very mod friendly. Even the S/C'd ones that costs a crap ton to get fully running only run low 13's usually and get like 15mpg's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  4. #78
    Registered User fenderwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southwestern MA
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Yeah, I have always loved the G's too.

    But they are just not very mod friendly. Even the S/C'd ones that costs a crap ton to get fully running only run low 13's usually and get like 15mpg's.
    dont forget about the srt4 though. ftw, he should get one of those.

    in all honesty though, if he can't afford the STI, but wants a fast car, NA or FI, i would go for an 04+ wrx.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

  5. #79
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    04+ wrx isnt a fast car. Just about everyone has a car on the market that is faster and arguably handles better (atleast in the dry). The WRX isnt a strong holder in the sub compact market like it was several years ago.

    And after test driving a Mach and a GTO I think a stockish WRX will leave him wanting alot.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  6. #80
    Toboggan T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Your Mommas
    Posts
    25,514
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaded seconds View Post
    i've got a 06 wrx being delivered to a local dealership. the other car i'm looking at is an 06 mustang gt. both are equal prices, 20k. the wrx has 11k miles the stang has 25k miles. i know both cars approach performance differently. one is a rally bred awd sedan the other is a signature v8 muscle car. i like the looks of each car almost equally, but a slight edge goes to the stang in that department.

    the stang is so stupidly easy to modify. i don't really want to go down the endless modifying path again, though nothing is set in stone. according to the research i've done the wrx isn't as easy to modify and cost more money to mod. which to me is a good and a bad thing.

    lol, i'm pretty sure i know what kind of answer i'm going to get here, but here's my question: 06 wrx, 06 stang gt, equal price, low miles on both, which do you choose and why?

    My buddy here at work has an 06 Ford Mustang GT. He put a cat back on, then did headers, did the power pulleys, did a reflash, did the k&n filter kit.. 14.3 in the quarter mile. With Steda traction bars, struts/shocks and Eibach Pro Kit... He also has 20" Boyd Coddington wheels. He put a Saleen Supercharger on it and got it to 13.5 in the quarter. Yes he is spinning the tires all the way down the track... But my opinion 3500 dollars for a supercharger for a mid 12 sec car is Expensive to modify.

    I think the WRX is cheaper to mod hands down.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  7. #81
    Registered User fenderwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southwestern MA
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    04+ wrx isnt a fast car. Just about everyone has a car on the market that is faster and arguably handles better (atleast in the dry). The WRX isnt a strong holder in the sub compact market like it was several years ago.

    And after test driving a Mach and a GTO I think a stockish WRX will leave him wanting alot.
    but modding is fun if you know cars...i could have gotten the sti, but i thought it'd teach me a lot to mod out my rex...plus yes, i have the 2.5L motor so it's gonna be a lot less of a pain
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

  8. #82
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    but modding is fun if you know cars...i could have gotten the sti, but i thought it'd teach me a lot to mod out my rex...plus yes, i have the 2.5L motor so it's gonna be a lot less of a pain
    Modding a 5.7 liter NA V-8 can be just as fun.


    Apples to oranges through. Enjoy.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  9. #83
    Registered User fenderwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southwestern MA
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Modding a 5.7 liter NA V-8 can be just as fun.


    Apples to oranges through. Enjoy.
    touche.

    and it DOES have a hemi.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

  10. #84
    Registered User jaded seconds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    31
    to the g35 suggestion. that crossed my mind. ya it'd be nice luxury sport car, but to get one w/ low-ish miles like the gto and at the same price, would be hard.

    the g35 one of the cars i could compare the gto in 'overallness' if you know what i mean. coupes, backseat, luxurious interior, sporty, etc... etc... but not so much modability.

    GTO is the obvious choice and GTO is the final decision!!

    i'm sure you guys knew that was coming. love that torque from it. and the backseat is a must for me, even though i'm hardly going to use it. i just like having it in a coupe and the extra space it gives me. and all the other pro's and advantages mentioned.

    don't know if i mentioneded it, but i've got 2 i'm looking at 04 black 25 k miles for 21 and 04 red w/ 35k miles for 20k. black is my color, so i think i'm going to go w/ that. but i'd be happy with either.

    when i get it. i'll be sure to take lots of pics. i like it here, this is a great forum. a lot more informative, friendly, and respectable than the other subie forum i went to for advice.... who's name i shall not mention, lol. you've got a dude who's going to be staying for a while =P

    i give major props to all those that helped me out. thank you all.

  11. #85
    Registered User jaded seconds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    touche.

    and it DOES have a hemi.
    lol a hemi? lol jk

  12. #86
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    touche.

    and it DOES have a hemi.
    The GTO doesnt have a hemi.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  13. #87
    Registered User fenderwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southwestern MA
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by jaded seconds View Post
    to the g35 suggestion. that crossed my mind. ya it'd be nice luxury sport car, but to get one w/ low-ish miles like the gto and at the same price, would be hard.

    the g35 one of the cars i could compare the gto in 'overallness' if you know what i mean. coupes, backseat, luxurious interior, sporty, etc... etc... but not so much modability.

    GTO is the obvious choice and GTO is the final decision!!

    i'm sure you guys knew that was coming. love that torque from it. and the backseat is a must for me, even though i'm hardly going to use it. i just like having it in a coupe and the extra space it gives me. and all the other pro's and advantages mentioned.

    don't know if i mentioneded it, but i've got 2 i'm looking at 04 black 25 k miles for 21 and 04 red w/ 35k miles for 20k. black is my color, so i think i'm going to go w/ that. but i'd be happy with either.

    when i get it. i'll be sure to take lots of pics. i like it here, this is a great forum. a lot more informative, friendly, and respectable than the other subie forum i went to for advice.... who's name i shall not mention, lol. you've got a dude who's going to be staying for a while =P

    i give major props to all those that helped me out. thank you all.
    yeah major thumbs down to nasioc for all their flamers...that whole place is more flaming than hell itself. Anyways, yeah, the GTO is a good way to go it seems for you... the g35 is awesome, i'm considering one when i get transferred to florida for work in about a year. well I'll be a branch manager, so maybe i'll spring for that new G37
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

  14. #88
    Registered User jaded seconds's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    The GTO doesnt have a hemi.
    lol, obviously

  15. #89
    Registered User fenderwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southwestern MA
    Posts
    1,313
    Quote Originally Posted by jaded seconds View Post
    lol, obviously
    haha i only said that because of 5.7 liter this and that oh my god its a jeep with a 5.7 hemi oh no its so great...


    although i rode in a 6.1L SRT8 Jeep...and that puts all the cars we're talking about to shame....
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

  16. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    102
    GTO is a great car with a great history. Wise decision

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •