06 wrx or 06 stang gt? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx or 06 stang gt? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by branemaniac Yes, compared to a large NA motor, I guess you are right, but the fact that ...

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    Yes, compared to a large NA motor, I guess you are right, but the fact that the one poster said that you needed to downshift every time in order to get up hills is a gross understatement. I would have to say that in my 06, I have NO problems...
    Yeah, those would have to be some pretty steep hills at some pretty declining speeds to require a downshift to make it up the hill.

This might be the case in San Fran, but def. not Florida (where OP lives) which is all flat land.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Yeah, those would have to be some pretty steep hills at some pretty declining speeds to require a downshift to make it up the hill.

This might be the case in San Fran, but def. not Florida (where OP lives) which is all flat land.
    Parts of Clermont are pretty brutal.

in sanfrancisco i find myself downshifting more for uphills than elsewhere.
    as my tip to the OP, it sounds like youre looking for more straight line speed and well both cars do it very well, the mustang is cheaper to mod with better results and the tranny wont fail on you like on the wrx. i hope i dont get banned for this, but for your scenario, i think you should go ahead and get the mustang. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by PWNX0RZ View Post
    in sanfrancisco i find myself downshifting more for uphills than elsewhere.
    as my tip to the OP, it sounds like youre looking for more straight line speed and well both cars do it very well, the mustang is cheaper to mod with better results and the tranny wont fail on you like on the wrx. i hope i dont get banned for this, but for your scenario, i think you should go ahead and get the mustang. good luck!
    Ban!!

I don't like mustangs personally, not sure why, they are nice cars but i just don't trust ford. I would pick up a LT1 Camaro in all honesty (or LS1)
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

thanks for all the input guys, i went on two long test drives today. one in the gto and one in the wrx. i like the gto alot better all around. v8 sound, power, interior, etc. the exterrior of both the wrx and the gto are tied for me, neither one looking better than the other on the outside in my opinion.

ther wrx is a great car. but overall, the gto just fits me and my driving style better. there are no twisties in florida, just straight roads as far as the eye can see. no snow, so no need to worry about that. but sometimes it does pour buckets here, but i've lived here all my life and everyone just has to be extra cautious in the rain.

sadly there are no sti's in my price range, if i could find an sti within my $20k-$22k range... i would've gotten it in a hearbeat. i'm going to try my best to find an sti though. sti > gto, i'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by jaded seconds View Post
    thanks for all the input guys, i went on two long test drives today. one in the gto and one in the wrx. i like the gto alot better all around. v8 sound, power, interior, etc. the exterrior of both the wrx and the gto are tied for me, neither one looking better than the other on the outside in my opinion.

ther wrx is a great car. but overall, the gto just fits me and my driving style better. there are no twisties in florida, just straight roads as far as the eye can see. no snow, so no need to worry about that. but sometimes it does pour buckets here, but i've lived here all my life and everyone just has to be extra cautious in the rain.

sadly there are no sti's in my price range, if i could find an sti within my $20k-$22k range... i would've gotten it in a hearbeat. i'm going to try my best to find an sti though. sti > gto, i'll keep you posted.

I knew you would like the GTO.

Are you still going to test drive the Mustang?
    Good luck with the STi hunt, maybe you will find one hiding somewhere.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Get the stang, bolt on a blower and get tuned. As much as I love my evo and wrx, there's some primal satisfaction that only comes from the raw torque of a blown V8.

To give you an example, here's a clip of my blown GT going from 0-110 on street tires

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e...3b0141a50c.htm

I knew you would like the GTO.

Are you still going to test drive the Mustang?
    Good luck with the STi hunt, maybe you will find one hiding somewhere.
    yup, loved the gto! na, i'm not going to test drive the mustang.

overall i'd prefer the gto over the mustang. even the the mustang may be a little quicker, the gto is the better handler, and the interior is a million times better than the interior of the mustang. the stang gt's interior is pretty much the same as that of my v6, which is downright ugly with no ergonomic logic.

gto has better reviews and reliability ratings. overall it's just a better product. the gto to me feels more like a european sports car w/ a corvette motor in it! lol.

*sigh* the only car i'd take over the gto would be the sti. but ya don't think i'll get one of those in the $20k-$22k range over here. they are a hot commodity. even if they receive an sti that is blue booked at 20k, the stealerships will jack the price to 25k+...

most outrageous price i've heard was $29k for an 04 with 60k miles.

never thought i'd be saying this, but for your situtation, the GTO is the most bang per buck. As long as you get the LS2 engine GTO, then you're pretty much good to go. Comes with the premium sound system, LS# engine, and leather.

GTO+ cams > subie growl

Quote Originally Posted by jaded seconds View Post
    yup, loved the gto! na, i'm not going to test drive the mustang.

overall i'd prefer the gto over the mustang. even the the mustang may be a little quicker, the gto is the better handler, and the interior is a million times better than the interior of the mustang. the stang gt's interior is pretty much the same as that of my v6, which is downright ugly with no ergonomic logic.

gto has better reviews and reliability ratings. overall it's just a better product. the gto to me feels more like a european sports car w/ a corvette motor in it! lol.

*sigh* the only car i'd take over the gto would be the sti. but ya don't think i'll get one of those in the $20k-$22k range over here. they are a hot commodity. even if they receive an sti that is blue booked at 20k, the stealerships will jack the price to 25k+...

most outrageous price i've heard was $29k for an 04 with 60k miles.

Sounds good man.

I think the GTO is highly underrated. Everyone I know that has driven one has absolutely loved it and was totally shocked at how non-traditional muscle car is in the sense of handling and interior styling.

After riding in a cam, header, tuned GTO that would likely be the car I would buy if I was in FL and only had $20k to spend.
    Just call me Clark Kent

never thought i'd be saying this, but for your situtation, the GTO is the most bang per buck. As long as you get the LS2 engine GTO, then you're pretty much good to go. Comes with the premium sound system, LS# engine, and leather.

GTO+ cams > subie growl
    The GTO's he can afford are going to be 04's which are not the LS2, but the LS1. The difference is not really that big though. He plans to mod the car anyways, I am sure an LS1 GTO with bolt on's and tune will be plenty of power for the time being.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Just call me Clark Kent

my friend's ls2 gto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6dEu-VQV4M
    god that thing is a monster, btw his previous car was a heavily modded 04 FXT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpWpFxVwhBo

=)
    Last edited by PWNX0RZ; 05-30-2007 at 01:46 AM.

my friend's ls2 gto http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6dEu-VQV4M
    god that thing is a monster
    Just call me Clark Kent

+1... wow, that thing is a brute!

If I were doing more highway driving, I'd probably find myself in a GTO rather than the Evo. Since it's more of a weekend car, the RWD wouldn't bother me, even up here in Pennsylvania. The only thing that really held me back was that I wanted something with more handling finesse, which put the Goat behind the Evo and STI when shopping for a car last year.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.