06 wrx or 06 stang gt? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx or 06 stang gt? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by fenderwrx although, RWD>AWD in the twisties in many cases. E30 M3 is case closed, one of my ...

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    although, RWD>AWD in the twisties in many cases. E30 M3 is case closed, one of my favorite handling cars ever. I've never ridden in a car and felt so awesome about twisties.
    Yeah, I took a spin in an E36 M3 with full suspension. Not that fast, but handled like it belonged on a race track 24/7.

I would recommend one, but maintenance would be killer.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I still vote for GTO.

I don't think there is a better choice for the money.

Decently quick stock, fast with VERY little money put in, sounds great, large back seats for a coupe, nice interior, good handling and good braking. Go youtube some vids of GTO's with cam, IM, header, exhaust and tune.... They are freaking BEASTS.
    I haven't driven a GTO. That does sound like another pretty good choice though. You get allot for the money. You can't really go wrong with chosing any of them, wrx, mustang or GTO.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I haven't driven a GTO. That does sound like a pretty good choice though. You get allot for the money. You can't really go wrong with chosing any of them, wrx, mustang or GTO.
    I'm just not sold on the looks of a GTO though...its kind of, well, plain in my opinion. A big family car...then again I guess the same could be said for the 69 Charger R/T.

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza WRX View Post
    I'm just not sold on the looks of a GTO though...pretty, well, plain in my opinion. A big family car...then again I guess the same could be said for the 69 Charger R/T.
    Agreed however I don't think the mustang, wrx or GTO are going to win any beauty contests.
    FORZA FERRARI

the gto is not a bad car but it does not come in a 6 speed wait it only comes in a auto
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    the gto is not a bad car but it does not come in a 6 speed wait it only comes in a auto
    No you can get a 6 speed manual in it. I just checked the pontiac website.
    Your thinking of the SRT-8
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-28-2007 at 10:53 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI

Negative.

6speed manual is standard on the car. Automatic is an option.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    No you can get a 6 speed manual in it. I just checked the pontiac website.
    Your thinking of the SRT-8
    Negative.

6speed manual is standard on the car. Automatic is an option.
    o im sorry u guys are right my bad
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by Impreza WRX View Post
    I'm just not sold on the looks of a GTO though...its kind of, well, plain in my opinion. A big family car...then again I guess the same could be said for the 69 Charger R/T.
    Yeah, as I said, the looks are one thing the GTO does not have going for it. However, go with the 05/06 ram-air hood, drop, and wheels and it can looks quite good IMO.

As for "big family car" I am not quite sure what you mean by that. It has 2 doors and a smaller trunk than the wrx. And last I checked family cars didn't come with LS1 V8's, 6spd manual trannies and race inspired bucket seats.

It is rather heavy though at 3,700lbs. But to be fair, its skidpad and slalom numbers are rather similar to that of a stock wrx.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Quote Originally Posted by bcyb1029 View Post
    How much are you looking to spend in the aftermarket? I happen to love the mustang but these cars are hard to compare because of the diff. The mustang has very comfortable front seats but no room in back. The WRX has more race enspired seats that are less comfortable but will keep you planted in the corners and also has functional back seats. WRX insurance will be alot less. Fuel economy is alot better with a wrx 28mpg. The wrx has the ability to handle in the twisties. AWD>RWD, if you live were it snows it is no contest, nothing more fun the a wrx in snow. As for modding it is dif. then a mustang. Your first mods should be a reliable engine management system and a turbo back exhaust. With the aid of a pro-tune you can run low to mid 13's all day for about $1000 if you buy cheap. I think the WRX is alot more fun to drive because of the way it handles in daily driving(can be a racecar and perfectly streetable). I think the WRX looks better when it is lowered and has a lip, alot better. Also mustangs are becoming a dime a dozzen and having a rarer car is fun. If I were in your situation I would def. pick the WRX if you planned on modding it. I assume you posted this in a mustang forum and I am interested in there responses because they don't seem to like us, and they severly under est. the power of our little 4cyl. I love my car and wouldn't trade it in for anything else but maybe an STI or some upscale exotic which I could never afford but for what ever reason the owner wants to trade for my used WRX. The last thing I have to say is owning a WRX is like being in a fraternity, we all wave to each other, help each other out in the forums, and are always happy to see another Subie at a meet or in a parking lot.
    Wasnt the WRX just put as #3 on the most expensive cars to insure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jmag034 View Post
    i dont really care what the government has to say about the LS7 fuel milage on the new GTO's

on the highway you can and will get 28mpg in 6th gear at 70mph

even with city only, you can run a higher gear at lower RPM's when youre driving around because the vehicle has so much torque, thats the major problem with the wrx in the city, it has no balls out of boost so you always gotta downshift up small hills and the like
    You ever drive an 06-07? The 2.5 has plenty of kick in the pants while out of boost...
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    wrx- pro's imo
    gas mileage
    resale value
    awd <-- for rain
    dirt roads
    less mileage
    less shakes and rattel's

gt- pro's imo
    faster
    cheaper parts
    yeah thats all i can think of
    I fail to understand why so many people think you can't drive a RWD in the rain?

Cuz the RWD setup goes all "Wicked Witch of the West" when in contact with water....
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...

Quote Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
    I fail to understand why so many people think you can't drive a RWD in the rain?
    its just something i see alot, trust me alot
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    Wasnt the WRX just put as #3 on the most expensive cars to insure?
    I think that was the STi... But yeah, the wrx is def. up there... Not just because of accidents, but because they are getting stolen a lot more now.

Quote Originally Posted by branemaniac View Post
    You ever drive an 06-07? The 2.5 has plenty of kick in the pants while out of boost...
    That is all relative. IMO, the 06/07 still lack grunt down low and needs to wait for boost to make solid power. And when comparing to a Mustang GT and LS1 GTO the 2.5L's "kick" while out of boost is laughable.
    Just call me Clark Kent

I think that was the STi... But yeah, the wrx is def. up there... Not just because of accidents, but because they are getting stolen a lot more now.

That is all relative. IMO, the 06/07 still lack grunt down low and needs to wait for boost to make solid power. And when comparing to a Mustang GT and LS1 GTO the 2.5L's "kick" while out of boost is laughable.
    Yes, compared to a large NA motor, I guess you are right, but the fact that the one poster said that you needed to downshift every time in order to get up hills is a gross understatement. I would have to say that in my 06, I have NO problems...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.