04 WRX vs. 04 Explorer (No it's not a joke) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs. 04 Explorer (No it's not a joke) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Its a good run and once you hit boost, you saw the car pick up hard and go. Well done ...

Its a good run and once you hit boost, you saw the car pick up hard and go. Well done

I have been revved at, swerved at, blinked at, and eyed down by all the SUVs in the world with stupid people in them. It is the "big block, lots of torque, loud V8 engine" mentality of a lot of people in them. For granted, a lot of these SUVs with big powerful engines actually are quite quick, even from a dig or so...I saw the new Trailblazer SS's running 13.7s stock...they are quick as hell and might beat a WRX or two...

But Wannabe said it best...people equate "Imports" to the N/A all show, no go world of 1.6L Civics with chopped springs and a huge wing. Those are the people that don't know real performance from a hole in the ground (in this case, our lovely forced induction WRXs and so on. We have wings for a reason, cause we actually can go that fast, haha.

So compared to a Civic, no replacement for displacement of course...but F/I can sure as hell own...

Little story...I had an Acura Integra LS, Automatic (I know, booo) as my very first car 6 years ago, with nothing more than a muffler for some noise, an AEM CAI, and it was lowered. I had a 4.0L Wrangler rev at me so we lined up on a dig at a light...and I got SMOKED. So some of these stories are true...but a 1.8L car with no work done isn't fast at all...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What was you trapspeed?

Anyways, good kill. I think you had at least 10-12 car lengths on him

I am particulalry not fond of the crowd that thinks big motor vs little motor = big motor winning. People have no clue about area under the curve, power to weight ratio, gearing, etc...

All the more fun though when you beat them.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlineSTi View Post
    I am a new member / first time i bought a AWD car the STi , i owned a turbo corolla before , but yesterday as i was cruisin in the STi saw this nice looking Corolla S dropped and everything , this guy had the nerve to start tailgating me so i punched it left him by about maybe 15 or more cars thats how bad it was , he caught up to me as i braked down a little and he still reved his engine on me , i was speechless for i didnt know what could shut him down.Some people just think by having a intake or exhaust makes their car super fast especially when they are still N/A .

hahah I had an S/C Corolla and even I knew better than to challenge a suby. Hell I was only runnin 15.2 on a cold night! LOL

What an idiot.

My friend SWEARS he beat a wrx in his explorer sport track and that they are not that fast. Next time I go home, we'll have another vid. hehehe
    Last edited by paolino; 05-30-2007 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    What was you trapspeed?

Anyways, good kill. I think you had at least 10-12 car lengths on him

I am particulalry not fond of the crowd that thinks big motor vs little motor = big motor winning. People have no clue about area under the curve, power to weight ratio, gearing, etc...

All the more fun though when you beat them.
    Absolutely agree. As far as trap, I'm gonna guess around 107ish? I really started picking up speed through the gears once I got going. Unfortunately, I don't remember what I did with that particular timeslip..

I can usually knock out mid to low 12s at 112-115mph if everything goes well.
    2004 San Remo WRX - 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
    2005 Pontiac GTO - 438whp / 470wtq / LS2
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EJRex
    Blobeye Syndicate # 44

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Its a good run and once you hit boost, you saw the car pick up hard and go. Well done

I have been revved at, swerved at, blinked at, and eyed down by all the SUVs in the world with stupid people in them. It is the "big block, lots of torque, loud V8 engine" mentality of a lot of people in them. For granted, a lot of these SUVs with big powerful engines actually are quite quick, even from a dig or so...I saw the new Trailblazer SS's running 13.7s stock...they are quick as hell and might beat a WRX or two...

But Wannabe said it best...people equate "Imports" to the N/A all show, no go world of 1.6L Civics with chopped springs and a huge wing. Those are the people that don't know real performance from a hole in the ground (in this case, our lovely forced induction WRXs and so on. We have wings for a reason, cause we actually can go that fast, haha.

So compared to a Civic, no replacement for displacement of course...but F/I can sure as hell own...

Little story...I had an Acura Integra LS, Automatic (I know, booo) as my very first car 6 years ago, with nothing more than a muffler for some noise, an AEM CAI, and it was lowered. I had a 4.0L Wrangler rev at me so we lined up on a dig at a light...and I got SMOKED. So some of these stories are true...but a 1.8L car with no work done isn't fast at all...

Yep, I hear ya. And I can appreciate the Acura tale, cause I have a 92 GS auto as my daily driver, modded about the same, and boy is it slooow. I like the 30mpg though, so it's all good.
    2004 San Remo WRX - 370whp / 401wtq / EJ205
    2005 Pontiac GTO - 438whp / 470wtq / LS2
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=EJRex
    Blobeye Syndicate # 44

what purpose does this thread serve...?

wow

he really thought he was fast... wow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12