z disappointment - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

This is a discussion on z disappointment within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Trainrex Like I said in the 1000hp thread, look into methamphetamine injection. I did, it accelerates oil ...

  1. #31
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,436
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Like I said in the 1000hp thread, look into methamphetamine injection.
    I did, it accelerates oil breakdown and corrodes the cylinders,because its made with toilet cleaner, lye and hardware store varnish. Also gives my car the saggy "skeletal" look.

    Nope I prefer nitro-glycerin in a common rail system injected at around 28,000psi.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,960
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Like I said in the 1000hp thread, look into methamphetamine injection.
    I think some participants of this thread are already doing that.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  4. #33
    Administrator Trainrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    26,591
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I think some participants of this thread are already doing that.
    Last time I drove my Mom's Olds 88, it made a 350z feel like a slug.

  5. #34
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,960
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Last time I drove my Mom's Olds 88, it made a 350z feel like a slug.
    I'm getting ready to run some mid-day errands.
    Viva la Rayngar, biatch!!!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  6. #35
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,436
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I think some participants of this thread are already doing that.
    ahem* coming from the ultra skinny guy *ahem

    By looking at the weight loss thread the rest of us are fat.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  7. #36
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,436
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I'm getting ready to run some mid-day errands.
    Viva la Rayngayer, biatch!!!
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  8. #37
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    46,960
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    ahem* coming from the ultra skinny guy *ahem

    By looking at the weight loss thread the rest of us are fat.
    I'm addicted to endorphins. I swore off meth after seeing "Faces of Meth".







    disclaimer: I've never taken any illegal drugs...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

  9. #38
    Registered User SonicYellowWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,203
    the VQ35HR Z's are definitely turning low 13's... and the handling is definitely up there. Nissan doesn't care about the WRX/ STI's... they aimed for the Porsche Cayman S and they are succeeding as far as numbers go. (The feel and refinement of a Porsche can't be matched by Nissan though) Regardless, that is STI times minus an AWD launch... the new Z is likely to be faster from a roll and its NA power. NA is definitely better for racing... heat soak definitely has pwned me on many occasions. the WRX no longer exhibits any of that, but it took many mods to get to that level. The HR equipped Z is also faster around Tsukuba Circuit over the S2000 by 2 seconds!!! Thats an eternity on such a short track...

    Facts are facts... Nissan finally got the Z right with the 07's. The previous ones did not earn my approval, but the new ones are definitely right on track. They'd be worthy of my purchase... all except for the hefty price tag of over $40k for, a top of the line, Grand Touring model.

  10. #39
    Registered User powder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    WA State
    Posts
    3,595
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicYellowWRX View Post
    the VQ35HR Z's are definitely turning low 13's... and the handling is definitely up there. Nissan doesn't care about the WRX/ STI's... they aimed for the Porsche Cayman S and they are succeeding as far as numbers go. (The feel and refinement of a Porsche can't be matched by Nissan though) Regardless, that is STI times minus an AWD launch... the new Z is likely to be faster from a roll and its NA power. NA is definitely better for racing... heat soak definitely has pwned me on many occasions. the WRX no longer exhibits any of that, but it took many mods to get to that level. The HR equipped Z is also faster around Tsukuba Circuit over the S2000 by 2 seconds!!! Thats an eternity on such a short track...

    Facts are facts... Nissan finally got the Z right with the 07's. The previous ones did not earn my approval, but the new ones are definitely right on track. They'd be worthy of my purchase... all except for the hefty price tag of over $40k for, a top of the line, Grand Touring model.

    The friend i mentioned paid $34k.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

    2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

    Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

  11. #40
    Registered User SonicYellowWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,203
    hmm, the must've just lowered MSRP recently... maybe the NISMO Z will come in at under $40k... hmm... me likes.

  12. #41
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Wow this thread took off fast.

    I thought the Z felt faster than my 05 WRX and I preferred the more linear power. The Turbo power does make the WRX feel more agressive. It feels just as "connected" as the WRX IMO, I think the transmission is great. The only thing I don't like is the weight of the clutch. Call me crazy but I like a clutch thats a little heavier and the WRX wasn't a heavy clutch but it had a nice weight to it. Obviously I liked the Z better but their both really different cars.

    However I must say that the car isn't as heavy or expensive as everyone seems to think. Sure if you get a touring level roadster you'll be paying high 30's to low 40's+ for a hefty car, but buy a base or enthusiast coupe for under 26-29K and your only weighing in at about 3200-3300lb. Not light but then again every new car is
    pretty damn heavy anymore.

    What sold me on the Z was the better low end torque, the handling, and the consistency (no more heat soak).

    At the end of the day its all a matter of opinion.

    I got some mods coming soon that should spice things up a bit too.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-23-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

  13. #42
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,436
    I Support ClubWRX
    your only weighing in at about 3200-3300lb.
    Sorry Cav but for a 2 door sports car smaller than my old Mini Cooper, that is heavy.

    For less weight than that you get a complete AWD system a trunk and a 4 door 5 seater.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  14. #43
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I don't give a damn about Mag times. Of course I'm going to mention that I have an 06. 1/4 mi times are a 1/2 second difference between 05 and 06 but justification for your sarcasm is pointless.

    But either way.. I don't care about the numbers. I didn't take the damned thing to the track. I drove it for about 10-15 minutes. I didn't like it, and I posted an opinion. I'm not going to sit here and argue about whether or not I'll lose to a Z.



    But on another note... I also don't like all the plastic under the hood. Makes a guy wonder if with engine heat that will all fade to a dull dark grey plastic from a shiny black. Plus I like having an exposed engine. More to clean, but when it's clean it looks so picture perfect


    You're taking this way too seriously. I am not trying to argue.

    My point was just that while the Z "seemed" slow to you, if was because of the linear VQ35. The new Z's have an upgraded motor and regularly turn out mid 13'sec slips, with a few freaks in the low 13's. While it might seem slow compared to your wrx, it is just the way the power comes on and your butt dyno playing games of deception. The new Z is faster than a wrx.... Even an 06/07 wrx.... Even a stage1 06/07 wrx.

    That is all I was trying to get across.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  15. #44
    Registered User DTR rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chi-town, IL
    Posts
    27,076
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Sorry Cav but for a 2 door sports car smaller than my old Mini Cooper, that is heavy.

    For less weight than that you get a complete AWD system a trunk and a 4 door 5 seater.
    Sorry, but that argument doesn't hold much water anymore. ALL cars are getting heavier for the most part, and nowadays it is more what the engineers can do rather than how much the car weighs. Don't get me wrong, I hate how heavy cars are getting, but you cannot point a finger at the Z. 911's are weighing well over 3,000lbs and only seat 2 people with a 6 cylinder, even the lighter cars of the past (honda's/acura's) have the civic si and rsx-s nearing 3,000lbs.

    The Z-car is certainly bigger than the miata and S2000 (two other 2-door sport coupes) and has more power, more torque, more safety features, and a bigger interior. There are reasons for its heaft... And most can agree that Nissan did a pretty decent job keeping the Z a balanced car for its weight.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

  16. #45
    Registered User cavallino333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Campbell CA
    Posts
    11,850
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Sorry Cav but for a 2 door sports car smaller than my old Mini Cooper, that is heavy.

    For less weight than that you get a complete AWD system a trunk and a 4 door 5 seater.
    I wasn't trying to say it was light, I think people just go overboard with and make it sound like it's some lumbering 4000lb behemoth. It certainly doesn't feel like its heavy at least not to me.

    In some ways a little extra weight is nice, I don't have to worry about denting a paper thing roof skin anymore.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-23-2007 at 12:51 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •