z disappointment - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on z disappointment within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Lets not start a pissing contest guys. I've driven the Z. Beautiful car. Feels great, but too refined for me. ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Lets not start a pissing contest guys.

I've driven the Z. Beautiful car. Feels great, but too refined for me.

When a car is too refined, I feel disconnected from the car. The Z is the kind of car I would love to commute in. Yes, the motor is extremely linear. A great thing in a track situation, but takes away from the street fun factor in my eyes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the z but in another thread (06 stage 2 wrx vs modded z) i walked a z pretty easy.

Sorry DTR i know my SRT406WRX is too fastarr but don't flame. it happend

The Z would be a nice car if you want a nice sports coupe but due to snow and the need to drive people around WRX FTW
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I took one for a spin before I bought my STi. It really didnt impress me.

AWD Turbo FTW.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

I Support ClubWRX
    My experience with my G was exactly as Donnie said. It's a quick car, but doesn't feel it if you're accustomed to a rush from FI.

Don't underestimate the VQ-engined vehicles. Your butt-dyno isn't telling you the whole story. I personally love the rush of FI, and missed it when I had the G, but I can also see where the linear powerband would appeal to some. It was nice to be in 5th gear and have power at 2000rpms.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

The Z is a great car, but as its been said is very linear in its powerband. I had a similar experience with a 2005 Audi S4. Its faster than a stock WRX, but with that V8 it is nearly impossible to get the butt dyno readings that you do in a FI car. Going from Kia Rio speed to BAM! turbo kick in is a rush that you dont get from NA cars.

Z is nice, but its heavy and not really made for the track (unless u gut it). The S2000 is a much better choice for a 2 seater sports car in that price range.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

In my only encounter with a 350Z, I was obviously quicker than he was until he neared redline. Then acceleration was basically equal until he shifted, when I'd pull until his revs climbed again.

You can imagine his shock when a plain looking sedan was doing this to his sports car -- linear acceleration and all
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I was a nissan guy before the wrx, and I was never impressed with the Z.
    They also cost way too much for what you get in performance.
    They will, however, get you more females than your wrx but thats not why I bought my car.
    Hawk-Eye #009
    Dont let the SN fool you, my car is black.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have driven Z's as well and the one thing I noticed was that you indeed needed to switch off the traction control to "feel" the power. Then it will exuberate more RWD like characteristics (excessive wheelspin etc).

just about every decently driven 06/07 Z will go mid-high 13's @ 103+
    Food for thought, I'm at sea level and at our local drag strip the fastest time I have seen a stock Z or G 35 tick off is a 14.0. Avg is around a 14.5.
    06-07 WRX's stock are 13.9-14.2. Stage 2 06-07 wrx's are 13.6-13.8. Stock STi's are around 13.1-13.5 with stage 2 STi in the 13.1-12.5 range.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 05-23-2007 at 09:45 AM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Banned
    I don't see how these cars are even in the same catagory My mom owns a slk kompresor and i'll say after driving my Rex the benz feels like a geo. I am always feeling underpowered and the car never listen to me. I stomp on the trottle and It proceedes to check the roads temprature, issure traction, makes sure my seat belts on, then it waits to see if Im really still flooring it,and finally after a good three seconds it give a tiny little push. It doesn't even redline in first. The lack of throttle responce is dangerous after having a rex. I driven hondas with far better trotle responce. I think the problems with these cars is there made for people like my mother who accualy need traction control to drive this "sports car". I think if you did some tinkering you could get the Z to pull like a rex but you will through its traction and hadling out the window. I want to see the new skyline in america. Nissan makes good stuff there just all tyed up into making every one happy for the moment. They need turbo/super charger and awd to win lets just hope they get it right with the Skyline

My friend just bought an '07 Z. He keeps tellin me alot of guys are posting 13.1-.3 stock and on slicks some have done high 12's. The new engine's supposed to be a huge upgrade from the last VQ35DE. Think he said this one's the VQ35R or something like that.

Either way, worst case scenario for the Z is he's playin catch up. And with 103+ trap speeds, he's catchin a stock WRX... Stage 2 is different but stock Z's shouldn't be compared to Stage 2 WRX's.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    I don't see how these cars are even in the same catagory My mom owns a slk kompresor and i'll say after driving my Rex the benz feels like a geo. I am always feeling underpowered and the car never listen to me. I stomp on the trottle and It proceedes to check the roads temprature, issure traction, makes sure my seat belts on, then it waits to see if Im really still flooring it,and finally after a good three seconds it give a tiny little push. It doesn't even redline in first. The lack of throttle responce is dangerous after having a rex. I driven hondas with far better trotle responce. I think the problems with these cars is there made for people like my mother who accualy need traction control to drive this "sports car". I think if you did some tinkering you could get the Z to pull like a rex but you will through its traction and hadling out the window. I want to see the new skyline in america. Nissan makes good stuff there just all tyed up into making every one happy for the moment. They need turbo/super charger and awd to win lets just hope they get it right with the Skyline
    CN: Because your Mom's SLK feels slow, the 350Z is slow. Wait....what?

Fanboi fantasies aside, I'm thinking that stock for stock the '07 Z wins hands down in any acceleration contest other than from a total stop, and with a good driver perhaps even then. Nissan did indeed "get it right" with the Z, IMO. It's a fine sportscar that seems to sell just fine, even though it's so slow.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

Fanboi fantasies aside, I'm thinking that stock for stock the '07 Z wins hands down in any acceleration contest other than from a total stop, and with a good driver perhaps even then. Nissan did indeed "get it right" with the Z, IMO. It's a fine sportscar that seems to sell just fine, even though it's so slow.
    Sports car is the key word. I wouldn't consider the wrx a sports car, nor would I try to haul luggage in the Z. You are right, tons of people like them and they are a nice sportscar. Nissan got it right.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post

Makes sense to me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Makes sense to me
    If I inject nitro-glycerin into my Geo metro it will go way fastarrr than your Subaru.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    If I inject nitro-glycerin into my Geo metro it will go way fastarrr than your Subaru.
    Like I said in the 1000hp thread, look into methamphetamine injection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.