wrx vs redline
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs redline within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my bro and i finally got a chance to run a couple times (twice) saturday night. we went from ...

wrx vs redline

So my bro and i finally got a chance to run a couple times (twice) saturday night. we went from a 10mph roll and the first race was fairly close (within a fender) till 3rd when he missed the gear and i put 5 cars on him a second later. we went once more and stayed dead even till ~80mph when we both let off. I was impressed, not too shabby for a stock redline
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

who makes a redline again ?
    last time i checked i had a redline bicycle
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Saturn

Those are basically the same as a Cobalt SS right?
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Saturn

Those are basically the same as a Cobalt SS right?
    o its a saturn

to the op why are u wasting gas racing a saturn ?
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    o its a saturn

I've heard they Cobalt can be pretty good with some mods and I'd assume th redline would be the same.

Though it just occured to me that theirs a Saturn Sky redline, vue redline and ion redline. I was assuming it was the Ion.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I've heard they Cobalt can be pretty good with some mods and I'd assume th redline would be the same.

Though it just occured to me that theirs a Saturn Sky redline, vue redline and ion redline. I was assuming it was the Ion.
    It is the ion. I'd love if it was the sky but sadly, no. And the vue redline is not fast.

o its a saturn

It keeps up with a stage 2 wrx from a roll so just having fun with the bro..

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    It keeps up with a stage 2 wrx from a roll so just having fun with the bro..
    it keeps up with a stage 2 wrx didnt know that... but i guess i do stuff like that when im bored too
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

it keeps up with a stage 2 wrx didnt know that... but i guess i do stuff like that when im bored too
    s/c FWD keeps up with stage 2 turbo awd

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    s/c FWD keeps up with stage 2 turbo awd
    o my bad its s/ced... i need to pay more attention to the american cars... my bad
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

o my bad its s/ced... i need to pay more attention to the american cars... my bad
    its all good

Good run. The performance on those cars have always impressed me. No one expects a stock Saturn to keep even with a stage2 06' wrx.... even from a roll.

I hear once they get exhaust, reflash and smaller pulley they haul some ass. My buddies stock STI lost to one from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Good run. The performance on those cars have always impressed me. No one expects a stock Saturn to keep even with a stage2 06' wrx.... even from a roll.

I hear once they get exhaust, reflash and smaller pulley they haul some ass. My buddies stock STI lost to one from a roll.
    they dont even really need exhaust, but of course it helps.

pulley, injects and a flash gives it a nice punch.

I just got tuned today to help get the most of of the car and it is quite a difference, and I'm stock.

I'm looking forward to lining up again and seeing how I do against the rex now.

I'm shocked also that a redline can (stock redline) of all things can keep up with a stg 2 06 wrx
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

I was looking for an ION RL when I bought my WRX wagon. I would have bought one if I could have found one with out the huge tail. Unfortunately, I had to buy pretty quickly and did not have time to wait.... ended up with my WRX.... and happy about it. At the time, there were plenty of dyno sheets of stock RLs putting down more than 200 hp at the wheels. They are only rated at 205 at the crank, but, they are significantly under rated. They can get crank hp above 250 hp pretty easily. Add a couple of braces to the engine mounts to reduce wheel hop and they will scoot pretty well. They also handle surprisingly well. Equal length half shafts and such nearly eliminate torque steer. Good little cars.

It would not surprise me a bit to get spanked in my stock 06 Wagon by a stock RL.

Note that the RL version of the Vue looks different and is dropped a little, but, it has the exact same motor/transmission as the regular V6 Vue. The V6 drive trains in the 04s and later are sourced from Honda. That baby SUV has 250 hp and gets from 0-60 very quickly. The RL Sky should be a scream to drive. The NA Sky is fun. A 250 hp turbo version will be a riot and with rear wheel drive will outrun a lot of Subarus.

I'm 6'4" and can't come close to sitting in a Sky, otherwise, I'd be driving one now.....waiting to trade it when the RL version came out.
    <---Is that not the ugliest critter?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #43

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.