wrx vs redline - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs redline within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Slider Ah thats what i want to do, HF catted DP and AP This is a nice ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Ah thats what i want to do, HF catted DP and AP
    This is a nice setup on the 2.5. Very stealthy and virtually all of the same power as a full TBE at these HP levels. People have absolutely no clue how quick my car is for its size and class.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    This is a nice setup on the 2.5. Very stealthy and virtually all of the same power as a full TBE at these HP levels. People have absolutely no clue how quick my car is for its size and class.
    Yes, sometimes I really kick myself in the ass for not getting the LGT. I just felt the WRX handled better and was also significantly cheaper which was a plus. How do you think you would do against a 2.5L WRX with the same exact mods? I'm thinking the LGT would have the edge due to the different turbo...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Registered User clevelander2002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LouieWRX View Post
    I am so shocked about the cobalts/RL. I think some of you need driver mods yourself. I havent seen either do 14.0's at the track, even lightly modified.
    Most I have seen have run mid to low 14's and the stage 2's are in the high to mid 13's. I dont think i've seen 12's yet though. The hard part is getting a good 60'. From a roll is where those cars are quick.
    His: 07 Blue WRX TR
    Short throw shifter, K&N drop-in w/ intake silencer delete, SPT exhaust, GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace.

Hers: 09 Red Forester XT w/ K&N drop-in.

Heres a quick question for you, who makes a good catted DP that bolts up to a stock WRX exhaust?
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Heres a quick question for you, who makes a good catted DP that bolts up to a stock WRX exhaust?
    Cobb, Helix, Invidia.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Cobb, Helix, Invidia.
    Thank you sir
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

Quote Originally Posted by LouieWRX View Post
    I think some of you need driver mods yourself. I havent seen either do 14.0's at the track, even lightly modified.

so because i FWD car with equal power is still not pulling on me from a roll you think we need teh driver mod? odd... i think that speaks wonders for our AWD cars but i guess the only real race is on the track where AWD always has the advantage.
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    Yes, sometimes I really kick myself in the ass for not getting the LGT. I just felt the WRX handled better and was also significantly cheaper which was a plus. How do you think you would do against a 2.5L WRX with the same exact mods? I'm thinking the LGT would have the edge due to the different turbo...
    It does. From a dig, the WRX has a better clutch and can launch quite a bit faster than the LGT though. Frumaroll...the LGT takes a quick lead and keeps pulling. At higher speeds, the aero of the LGT makes a pretty big difference too. Handling is ok...that is all I'll say. Better than most sedans but not as good as the WRX obviously. Having owned all 3 (WRX, STi, LGT) I'm most satsified with the LGT for my purposes. Fairly smooth ride, decent handling, comfortable interior, quiet, fast when necessary, and by far the best gas mileage. My only gripes are: stock clutch sucks, front end design has a lot of crevices to clean, stock rim offset could have been pushed out a bit (aka audi type stance) and the stock pads totally suck. I've got over 70K on my LGT now, most of it at stage 2 and have had only very minor issues with it to date. Only mods are cobb HF catted and wrapped DP, cobb Short throw shifter/ w/SPT bushings, air box resonator delete, Cobb front brake pads, motul high performance fluids, and the cobb stage 2 flash with 2.2 kohm resister mod. Car is a definite sleeper and has taken out new mustang GTs, the chrysler hemi cars (not the SRT models) and many, many supposed perforance sedans. They are all like or and I am like and sometimes
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

stock rim offset could have been pushed out a bit (aka audi type stance) and the stock pads totally suck. I've got over 70K on my LGT now, most of it at stage 2 and have had only very minor issues with it to date.
    Yeah, the wheel offset on the WRX sucks as well. The wheels looks way to tucked in, I hate it. Coming from a VW with a wide ass stance, wider rims were going to be my first mod until I learned about Stage 2.

What minor issues did you have so far? In my '06 WRX I only had to get the weather stripping fixed. I want to go Stage 2 so bad but I'm weary of the transmission. I shift well, but drive hard. I know it will probably be fine but I'm scared to void the warranty on a practically new car.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, the wheel offset on the WRX sucks as well. The wheels looks way to tucked in, I hate it. Coming from a VW with a wide ass stance, wider rims were going to be my first mod until I learned about Stage 2.

What minor issues did you have so far? In my '06 WRX I only had to get the weather stripping fixed. I want to go Stage 2 so bad but I'm weary of the transmission. I shift well, but drive hard. I know it will probably be fine but I'm scared to void the warranty on a practically new car.

Do it (see my post above for minor issues). As long as you aren't power shifting/slammin' gears and doing high rpm launches using and letting the clutch pop out, your tranny will last the lifetime of the car. imho...it's mainly owner abuse/lack of skill that cause the trans failures. Not intended as a slur to those that have busted their trans, just based on experience. I've never busted a transmission and I've owned well over a dozen manual cars...most with significant hp under the hood. Honestly, you just have to "feel" your car. <be the ball>
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Do it (see my post above for minor issues). As long as you aren't power shifting/slammin' gears and doing high rpm launches using and letting the clutch pop out, your tranny will last the lifetime of the car. imho...it's mainly owner abuse/lack of skill that cause the trans failures. Not intended as a slur to those that have busted their trans, just based on experience. I've never busted a transmission and I've owned well over a dozen manual cars...most with significant hp under the hood. Honestly, you just have to "feel" your car. <be the ball>
    I'm really on the fence about it. I got a good deal on a used AP v1.0 and catless DP. I'm just a little worried about the WRX trans and my warranty, that's the only thing holding me back. I got a grow a set and just do it. I can't wait for the dealer to void my warranty at my next oil change.
    2006 Panty Dropper

I would go stage 2 but im broke.

Hey YBNormal, does the cobb keep the stock turbo heatshield? If not what did you do cut it?
    Last edited by Slider; 06-28-2007 at 01:32 PM.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

I would go stage 2 but im broke.

Hey YBNormal, does the cobb keep the stock turbo heatshield? If not what did you do cut it?
    You have to take off the stock heatsheild or cut it up and modify the hell out of it so it fits. I think I'm just going to go with SPT or Cobb turbo heatsheilds, they're both around $50.
    2006 Panty Dropper

I already got the SPT, its really nice man, hold heat in nicly paired with the stock heatshield.

thekingofparts.com has the heatshields the cheapest i have found.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

I'm really on the fence about it. I got a good deal on a used AP v1.0 and catless DP. I'm just a little worried about the WRX trans and my warranty, that's the only thing holding me back. I got a grow a set and just do it. I can't wait for the dealer to void my warranty at my next oil change.
    change your own oil and be good to go
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast