wrx vs redline - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs redline within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by 06grayrex I'm shocked also that a redline can (stock redline) of all things can keep up with ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06grayrex View Post
    I'm shocked also that a redline can (stock redline) of all things can keep up with a stg 2 06 wrx
    From a roll only. We've raced from a dig and we are pretty even after first (my first gear) but during that first gear he puts some distance on me.

goBoating: looks like you did some research. You're correct that the vue redline has ground effects as well as nicer rims, but features the same 255 hp honda engine from the accord mated to an AWD tranny. Nice lookin cars.

The sky redline features a turbocharged 4 banger putting out 265 hp, the non redline is just a solstice.

For the ion, instead of braces to reduce wheel hop I used hp tuners to cut boost in first gear, and as the rpms rise the car bypasses less and less to that by redline I'm putting down about 80% of the stock boost, shift into second and its 100% boost. This pretty much eliminated the wheelhop and instead of turning hop into smoking tires has made my first gear quite usable, so I'm gonna have to run the rex from a dig now just to see how it fares.

You're also correct about the dyno sheets. 06 and above redlines have been dynoing 225whp pretty consistently, so yes they are very much so underrated and stock for stock from a roll would be a bit of trouble for a WRX.

My redline doesn't have the huge park bench so I enjoy it very much.

Also, anyone can fit in the sky, it's a convertible man!

You've certainly done your research.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've got a friend with a Cobalt SS. When I was stage 2 and he had an intake and catback I could slowly pull away from him. Seemed I could pull better the faster we went too (strange for an awd car). Now he's got the GM stage 2 (computer and smaller pulley I think) and has also changed exhausts. From a 60mph roll we were dead even up to 80 then he started pulling on me. By 100 he had 1-2 cars lenghts on me. However, now that I've got the VF-39 on, his days are numbered!

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Registered User clevelander2002's Avatar
    O used to have a 2004 Ion RL and loved the performance. From a roll they are pretty quick but they are hard as hell to launch without limiting boost with hptuners. I had an intake and smaller pulley. The best thing was it was a total sleeper with the small spoiler.
    His: 07 Blue WRX TR
    Short throw shifter, K&N drop-in w/ intake silencer delete, SPT exhaust, GrimmSpeed Master Cylinder Brace.

Hers: 09 Red Forester XT w/ K&N drop-in.

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    who makes a redline again ?
    last time i checked i had a redline bicycle
    lmao

yeah, I have a nice boost limit system for first to progressively build boost up as I get more speed. I can effectively run first gear WOT without traction issues. Now the problem is the shift into second spins a little. But yeah, they are great sleepers. I've embarassed a few cars that you could tell were thinking "pffft, a saturn??"

begin rant//these little american cars are a real pain in my a$$. first it was the srt-4, then the cobalt ss/saturn RL. whats next? an underrated ford focus putting down like 300whp?

all i need is another car to talegate me and pop out to the right lane and take off, expecting me to run. //end rant
    2012 VW GLI
    2012 Toyota Sienna LE AWD (thats right...swagger wagon)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

please do not even suggest that ford do something with the focus other than cancel it and burn down the factories.

bikefreax on here just bought a sky redline for his wife a few months ago...he says that it (stock) is not as fast as his stage 2 wagon...

It is a really slick looking roadster for what it is...It sounds mean as well. The only problem i can forsee is that the aftermarket availablity is not too vast yet.
    Cobb Stage 2 - 2006 OBP WRX Sedan Hawkeye Alliance #12 Modifier's Anonymous Roll Call #2
    My Baby -> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2493032/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    omfg... you made me think you lost your little peter or something with a thread title like that...
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    if you think about it, bugeyes sorta resemble boobs.

yeah, I wouldn't expect the stg 2 wagon to be slower than the stock roadster, but I'd bet tbe would take care of that.

And yeah, aftermarket support isn't very much at the moment, but with the skyredline and the solstice GTP (??) bothing being the same cars, there will definitely be an aftermarket. Thats how it is with saturn and chevy. cobalt gets the R&D, redline uses the parts. works for most stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xfloggingkylex View Post
    please do not even suggest that ford do something with the focus other than cancel it and burn down the factories.
    remeber this little bad boy...

its only a matter of time.
    i'm just joking around, please don't take me seriously about american cars/ they are a great value and are putting down serious power and i do respect them.
    Last edited by abhiwan; 06-22-2007 at 10:53 PM. Reason: bad pic
    2012 VW GLI
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

I beat one at the track by like 4 cars. He never started gaining ground.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

i may be dwelling on this a bit much but i found this about the ford focus
    http://www.fordeumicrosites.com/en-g...sst/flash.html

222hp IL5, turbo. and crazy torque numbers something like 236 ft.lb at 1600rpm.
    2012 VW GLI
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #011

if you really wanna get pissed off, look at what saleen did to the focus. Makes me hate the automotive world. saw one in person the other day. I've never wanted to key a car so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by abhiwan View Post
    i may be dwelling on this a bit much but i found this about the ford focus
    http://www.fordeumicrosites.com/en-g...sst/flash.html

222hp IL5, turbo. and crazy torque numbers something like 236 ft.lb at 1600rpm.
    Same T5 motor that Volvo uses in alot of it's cars.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

I'll admit, that is by far the best looking focus I've seen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast