twin turbo'ed g35 vs. STI ??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on twin turbo'ed g35 vs. STI ??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You didn't happen to already buy a white g35? ^^...

You didn't happen to already buy a white g35? ^^

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    Another thing... Check Insurance Prices.... STi for an 18 year old!!! It's going to be ridiculous! I am paying $300/month for a WRX - No tickets, 1 minor accident (1.5 years ago) and I am almost 22!
    Give it time - as you get older, insurance gets cheaper. I'm 29 and I pay 2k a year for full coverage on both my cars with a $500 deductable and pretty high limits, if I remember correctly it's 100/100/300 or something like that.

No points, no accidents in the last 4 years. I still hit >=100mph almost daily, but my commute is 33 miles, most of which is highway. Oh, and I don't speed at night.... often.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Those g35's are damn sexy, especially lowered a little. But if you're not going to mod right away, I think the STi is more fun right out of the box. Although the allure and prestige of owning an Infinity is hard to resist.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

i would say go with the sti and not just because i have one but if you want to go fast thats the way to go i've seen a supercharged 350z barely running low 13's which is terrible. g35's are nice a few girls i know have them. i actually wanted one but get a sti throw a bigger turbo and you'll be good to go

save your money for strippers.

in this life - one thing counts - in the bank - large amounts

Quote Originally Posted by c00lbeans View Post
    save your money.
    fixed
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

insurance will be insane.

invest it you make money while u cant drive the car anyway.

buy a dictionary , learn basic spelling.

and everyone says they'll drive slow, no one does. the allure of speed is too much .

well i was just planning to turbo the g35 later on and idk what else i would really do to it? but i still dont know which to go with lol

alright new question. sti with a bigger turbo or a g35 with a greddy turbo kit ?

include the cost of rebuilding a NA -> turbo motor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    include the cost of rebuilding a NA -> turbo motor.
    N0way dawg, you jus "slap on" a trubo and your good 2 go!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    N0way dawg, you jus "slap on" a trubo and your good 2 go!
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

whats NA ? and i know its going to cost some money for the turbo but the g35 if 50$ a month for ins.

Quote Originally Posted by abenak07 View Post
    whats NA ? and i know its going to cost some money for the turbo but the g35 if 50$ a month for ins.
    Normally aspirated

aka: not forced induction (no turbo/superchager)
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

You do realize that Subaru makes a car with the comforts of the G and the drivetrain of the STi, right?

Oh sure, it may not have the analog clock appeal of the G but it's certainly an easier and cheaper path to comfortable speed. The Legacy happens to be one cheap car to insure too.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by abenak07 View Post
    If you are asking what NA means.... Don't get a twin turbo g35.

And just because you are going into a job that doesn't get deployed that much, doesn't mean that you won't. I have a friend in the air force that is a Dental Technician, and she has been deployed to Korea, and Turkey. I personally am a fire fighter. Most of us stay on bases and provide fire support, but I have been deployed once to Iraq, and I am going back in February.

Plus, as a brand new Airman, you will be living paycheck to paycheck. Especially so with a brand new car. Your best bet is to wait until after you get to your first station. Then you can judge if you will be deployed, and if it's worth it to spend that large amount of money on a vehicle.

Good luck with your decision.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.