Mazda 3 vs 06 WRX tr
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Mazda 3 vs 06 WRX tr within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so we both turned on to 144 from 70 at the same time and i was just chilling when i ...

Mazda 3 vs 06 WRX tr

so we both turned on to 144 from 70 at the same time and i was just chilling when i see this mazda 3 go "flying" past me and didn't care but i saw her keep looking over her shoulder with a big grin like she was walking my car, so since i was only going 30 in a 55 i put it back in 2nd and flew past her, her jaw was dropped as though it was a huge suprise my car is faster then her's.

Her car was a 04 mazda 3 with temp tags i think she had just left the dealer with it
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BUUUURRRNNNN!!

Ha, nice one man!

-Anthony
    Sold - 07' OBP WRX LTD
    Now - 07' OBP STI

bwhahah thanks buddy

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I Support ClubWRX
    A MS3 would be a good race for a wrx...a regular 3 is kind of like beating up on honda's and TC's.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

^ I agree about the MS3. I think stock-for-stock they're a bit too much for the WRX - I think they'd be a heck of match for a STI. 263 hp with FWD is probably putting similar power to the ground I would imagine.

My wifes Mazda 3 is a joke from a dig or a roll my stock WRX kills her by bus lengths.
    Now I did have a brief encounter with a MS3 on the interstate and he had me pretty good from a 65 mph roll...that was all I got to do b/c the wife was with me and I had just picked up my 12th point in <2 yrs for driving violations in KY
    My guess is a MS3 would walk a WRX pretty hard at anything above 30mph on...just my .02
    And from a dig I think it would be a lot closer than many think. Yeah, the MS3 has torque steer like mad and the AWD would give the scooby an edge but I find it much easier to launch a FWD well time after time than an AWD.
    2006 Baby Girl
    2005 Yamaha FJR1300
    2005 Honda Shadow
    2004 WRX

GO VOLS!!!!!

in the reponse to ty webb, i don't know about that, in november issue of motortrend they had the WRX VS MS3. the wrx beat the MS3 in 0-60 with a time of 5.6 compared to the MS3 with a time of 6.0 and the only reason the MS3 was better on the track is because of the crappy stock tires the WRX's come with.
    07 OBP STI

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN View Post
    I find it much easier to launch a FWD well time after time than an AWD.
    are you a pro driver then? AWD is teh easiest to launch time and time again

Also this is a joke thread i was just laughing because that mazda tried.. I would very much so like to run a MS3 though i have not seen any around in frederick.

Quote Originally Posted by karvinbas View Post
    in the reponse to ty webb, i don't know about that, in november issue of motortrend they had the WRX VS MS3. the wrx beat the MS3 in 0-60 with a time of 5.6 compared to the MS3 with a time of 6.0 and the only reason the MS3 was better on the track is because of the crappy stock tires the WRX's come with.

That is true, I was thinking more of a roll type race though. I'm sure the WRX is quicker from a dig because of the AWD, but I think those MS3's trap like 101 or so don't they?

Anyway I've driven a Mazda 3, and it's not the type of car I would consider to be in the same league as the WRX, acceleration wise.

Listen, I love my WRX and would take it over the MS3 anyday...but lets face it, there a lot of people out there that cant launch the WRX worth a crap, and if they do, they dont get a chance to do it that often before they are on here *****ing and moaning about how they have metal teeth in their gear oil.

I still say you take average drivers put them head to head and the MS3 will win more than it loses against the WRX. Yeah, the mags show the MS3 with faster times but that's magazine times, lets talk real world. My '95 Talon Tsi (stock FWD) beat or ran with its fair share of scobbies (and lost plenty as well). I could launch the hell out of it and get a little wheel hop, but unless the AWD launch was near pefect it was my experince that many AWD drivers bogged their launches eliminating any advantage they had right there.

I was in Louiseville not too long ago and had some kid line up next to me in his bugeye. We both took off from the light and he bogged pretty bad...I see it all the time. I did it a lot when I first bought my car and wasnt used to the AWD.
    2006 Baby Girl
    2005 Yamaha FJR1300
    2005 Honda Shadow
    2004 WRX

GO VOLS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VOLFAN View Post
    Listen, I love my WRX and would take it over the MS3 anyday...but lets face it, there a lot of people out there that cant launch the WRX worth a crap, and if they do, they dont get a chance to do it that often before they are on here *****ing and moaning about how they have metal teeth in their gear oil.

I still say you take average drivers put them head to head and the MS3 will win more than it loses against the WRX. Yeah, the mags show the MS3 with faster times but that's magazine times, lets talk real world. My '95 Talon Tsi (stock FWD) beat or ran with its fair share of scobbies (and lost plenty as well). I could launch the hell out of it and get a little wheel hop, but unless the AWD launch was near pefect it was my experince that many AWD drivers bogged their launches eliminating any advantage they had right there.

I was in Louiseville not too long ago and had some kid line up next to me in his bugeye. We both took off from the light and he bogged pretty bad...I see it all the time. I did it a lot when I first bought my car and wasnt used to the AWD.
    odd, just rev the awd and slip, problem solved, slight chirp and awd owning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.