04-05 sti vs. turboed 350z ?
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04-05 sti vs. turboed 350z ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; what are the estimated hp on each and which would win in a quarter mile ? im looking for a ...

04-05 sti vs. turboed 350z ?

what are the estimated hp on each and which would win in a quarter mile ? im looking for a new car and im down to these 2 and yes if i got a Z i would turbo it. its just theres alot of Z's. so any opinions will be helpful thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I read the title and thought there had been a bada$$ race

I would personally rather have a 05 STI then a turbo Z, you will pay alot less for the STI and get a more reliable car for all year and with minor mods the STI will keep up with a turbo Z (i do believe not sure what kinda power turbo Z's do)

The choice is yours but i would go with the STI
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Depends on the turbo setup for the Z, which kit and single or twin (probably twin). Are we comparing a stock STi to a Turbo Z or a modded STi to a turbo z?

Theres really alot of variables. You can pick up a base Z for 26K but you'll need to swap in an LSD plus all the turbo money it will probably cost more than an STi unless you can get some great deals.

Look here for more info on more turbo info for the Z http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Portal:Forced_Induction
    Heres the top 1/4 mile times for TT etc. Z's on my350z (just for an idea
    http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...2F4+mile+times

Now the STi will be better if you live in an area with bad weather ad it will be your only car. I don't imagine a Turboed Z will be great in snow.

Everyone here will say STi because its a Subaru forum.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-07-2007 at 05:42 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

05 STi all the way !
    2006 OBP Limited WRX
    Dom tuned, (getadomtune.com), Blitz ner spec catback, Perrin Front and Rear sway bars and Endlinks, Tein S-tech springs, GM boost control solienod, K and N drop intake.

alright thanks. i mean 350z are 300 stock then turbo there about 420 so idk. any other opionions ?

any others got a say in this ? lol like i said im stuck trying to decide what to get. i like sti's i dont like the blue inside i was hopeing to get a black sti with gold rims and make the blue on the inside goldor black. but yeah lemme know if you have some things to say. im new to cars but alot of my friends know alot so im learing some things.

Quote Originally Posted by abenak07 View Post
    alright thanks. i mean 350z are 300 stock then turbo there about 420 so idk. any other opionions ?
    I own both a WRX, and 350Z. I've left my Z stock because I have yet to see a turbo kit out that I felt was reliable for use as a daily driver. Check the Z forums and you will see there are quite a few people with blown engines, and problems tuning. Not to mention the cost and time involved with installing the kit.

I had my Z before I had my WRX. My WRX is pretty considerably modded, and it's been incredibly reliable as a daily driver. I've even told people, if I wasn't going to own two cars, I would just have a WRX/STI.

Even with all the mods, my WRX still gets better gas mileage than my Z. I'd recommend the WRX. However they really are both great cars for what they cost.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I've seen more than a few people on the forum with 500whp+ but thats going to require other mods and ALOT of money and eventually a built engine given enough power. There are people with 500whp or more on stock internals but I don't think I'd be comfortable with the reliability with that amount of power w/ stock internals
    Last edited by cavallino333; 05-07-2007 at 05:55 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

You looking at new 350z and used STI? cause the STi will be cheaper and stock for stock better. If you spend buck for buck i would say the STI will be faster but then again i only know what modded STIs do not what modded 350z's do.

Is money not a factor i am guessing since you want a turbo z?

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

money kind of is... lol but what can you say i find a 21000 sti. what could i mod it to by only spending 4g ?

money kind of is... lol but what can you say i find a 21000 sti. what could i mod it to by only spending 4g ?
    4 grand more into an STI? that will be fairly nice. If i had that i would go with a FMIC (~1k for a good one), Vf34 or 20g (good midrange turbos used ~500, new closer to 1.2k), Bigger injectors not sure exact needed size (couple hundred) , full TBE Exhaust (i have erz TBE it cost $450 ), COBB Accessport pro tuner (~900 new), and the rest into tires and suspension

But that is just me. That leaves alot available for an overall good car with that much put into suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I've seen more than a few people on the forum with 500whp+ but thats going to require other mods and ALOT of money and eventually a built engine given enough power.

If I had the money I'd go with the Z but I'm biased.
    +1 dollar for dollar - the STI is going to be the better car to own. From residual value, to mod costerformance the STI is going to win. A good turbo/SC kit for the Z starts at 5k and goes up from there. With that you could have an STI modded and stomping on TT 350Z's.

Converting a Naturally Aspirated engine to Forced Induction engine can be a real pain in the ass. I did it once, and I'm not planning on doing it again anytime soon. If you decide to go this route - UPGRADE THE INTERNALS.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    -UPGRADE THE INTERNALS.
    There is good advice if i have ever heard some. don't want to blow a new engine in the Z
    Last edited by xMDxWRX; 05-07-2007 at 06:08 PM.

+1 dollar for dollar - the STI is going to be the better car to own. From residual value, to mod costerformance the STI is going to win. A good turbo/SC kit for the Z starts at 5k and goes up from there. With that you could have an STI modded and stomping on TT 350Z's.

Converting a Naturally Aspirated engine to Forced Induction engine can be a real pain in the ass. I did it once, and I'm not planning on doing it again anytime soon. If you decide to go this route - UPGRADE THE INTERNALS.

lol im going to sound dumb but idc. im learning new stuff so w.e but what you mean my internals ? im guessing engine and thats stuff but more tech. would be helpful. thanks all for helping me out !!!!!! VERY HELPFUL!!!

lol im going to sound dumb but idc. im learning new stuff so w.e but what you mean my internals ? im guessing engine and thats stuff but more tech. would be helpful. thanks all for helping me out !!!!!! VERY HELPFUL!!!
    Like the pistons and rods and other internal componets of the engine that make the engine go boom in a good and designed way

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast