04-05 sti vs. turboed 350z ? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on 04-05 sti vs. turboed 350z ? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by thoma16 What about the invidia turbo back exhaust? If this is a good choice, which muffler do ...

Quote Originally Posted by thoma16 View Post
    What about the invidia turbo back exhaust? If this is a good choice, which muffler do you guys suggest going with, remember its a daily driver.
    Borla mufflers sound real good, but doesn't the invidia come with a muffler too?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    Borla mufflers sound real good, but doesn't the invidia come with a muffler too?
    If its a Turbo Back Exhaust, then it should come with a muffler. The invidia muffler is pretty loud, I think its angled so it flows good. But it will help you get pulled over when a cop is behind you. I went with a stock looking free flow muffler. The tip is a little bigger, but you wouldnt notice if you didn't know.
    RANGER on point
    2007 Protuned STi, 316awhp.

Quote Originally Posted by LouieWRX View Post
    If its a Turbo Back Exhaust, then it should come with a muffler. The invidia muffler is pretty loud, I think its angled so it flows good. But it will help you get pulled over when a cop is behind you. I went with a stock looking free flow muffler. The tip is a little bigger, but you wouldnt notice if you didn't know.
    I have ERZ TBE and cops don't really mind. The one ticket i did get the cop asked what was with the coffee can

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I have ERZ TBE and cops don't really mind. The one ticket i did get the cop asked what was with the coffee can
    Whats the ERZ?
    RANGER on point

Whats the ERZ?
    ebay brand of exhaust, full 3" catless with a 4" angled tip

ebay brand of exhaust, full 3" catless with a 4" angled tip
    Is that a good thing?
    RANGER on point

Is that a good thing?
    For spending like $250-$300 on a full TBE it is a good thing in my book

I guess so if your happy with it.

You know most companies do flow bench testing on their products to try to produce the least turbulent flows possible. But I am not here to put down anyone elses exhaust.
    RANGER on point

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess so if your happy with it.

You know most companies do flow bench testing on their products to try to produce the least turbulent flows possible. But I am not here to put down anyone elses exhaust.
    You really shouldn't. I had the nice pipes on my first WRX, and the eBay pipes on my second. If there's a difference, I can't tell it.

There are times when you spend the money for quality; I don't see the point when we're talking about bent pipes with flanges welded to it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You really shouldn't. I had the nice pipes on my first WRX, and the eBay pipes on my second. If there's a difference, I can't tell it.

There are times when you spend the money for quality; I don't see the point when we're talking about bent pipes with flanges welded to it.
    +1 i have nothing but positive reviews on my ERZ exhaust espeically with it being ~$300. but hey do as you like i just like to save money and i personally wanted the angled exhaust

Upgrading the internals for forced induction usually include sleeving the block to hold boost, probably a billet or forged crank, pistons and connecting rods. new cams new valve train. This is a far from complete list but as you can see rebuilding an engine internally just adds up in cost.

I don't know much about Zs myself but I think I remember hearing something about the 3.5 L v6 operating at a very high efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by ...lostwrx View Post
    Upgrading the internals for forced induction usually include sleeving the block to hold boost, probably a billet or forged crank, pistons and connecting rods. new cams new valve train. This is a far from complete list but as you can see rebuilding an engine internally just adds up in cost.

I don't know much about Zs myself but I think I remember hearing something about the 3.5 L v6 operating at a very high efficiency.
    Threads been kinda dead bro

I Support ClubWRX
    Threads been kinda dead bro
    At least the thread wasn't 3-4 years old. That seems to be a trend with n00bs, recently.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    At least the thread wasn't 3-4 years old. That seems to be a trend with n00bs, recently.
    Bringing back that old of a thread only means proper use of the "search" function, but the mis-proper use of the "Post Reply" function
    '02 2.0l WRX, 237awhp, 236awtq. XPT Stage 2

Bugeye Mafia #117
    Modders Anonymous #17
    Wingless Alliance #17

What's your current AFSC? If you want to become an aviator, you're better off going to college and signing up for AFROTC. Once you get in and pass the all that grueling flight training, you're locked in as an aviator for 10 years. I've seen some of my friends enlist and buy an expensive car before deployment, and they get buried in payments for a car that they can't even enjoy.

Also, I hate to say this, but the STI is a lot of car for a young driver. If the insurance doesn't nail you, then the actual car probably will.

$.02

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast