New Evo vs. New WRX
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on New Evo vs. New WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im pretty sure this thread has been done but... i wanted all of your oppinions after i saw the new ...

New Evo vs. New WRX

im pretty sure this thread has been done but... i wanted all of your oppinions after i saw the new WRX in the newest issue of Sport Compact Car, do you think the Evo X or the next get WRX will win when they come out? i personaly think the cosmetics on both are hideous but the WRX slightly beats the Evo, i also need to vent about the WRX having the legacy engine in it, its now going to cost so much to modify it judging that it has all sorts of plastic plumbing instead of the traditional metal piping. well my rant is over, what are all of your oppinions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You mean Evo v. STi, right?
    It doesn't matter what year, the Evo will always beat a plain WRX.

Although I despise the new facelift on Subaru's behalf, I'm actually kind of fond of the Evo's.
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 05-04-2007 at 07:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    You mean Evo v. STi, right?
    It doesn't matter what year, the Evo will always beat a plain WRX.

Although I despise the new facelift on Subaur's behalf, I'm actually kind of fond of the Evo's.
    +1 Evo took a step in the right direction on looks though they should have kept the same engine but they still didn't mess up nearly as bad as subaru
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    +1 Evo took a step in the right direction on looks though they should have kept the same engine but they still didn't mess up nearly as bad as subaru
    Wait, the new Evo doesn't have the 4G63? Is it a different 2.0l?
    The moddability of the 4g, IMO was the biggest advantage the Evo had over the WRX/STi. Boo.

Although I do like the styling of the new Evo much better than the new STi. I still wouldn't buy either one of them: the Evo, due to the fact that it's still, after all, a Mitsubishi; and the new Subie because it looks like a Civic and a Mazda 3 5-door had a baby.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi View Post
    Although I do like the styling of the new Evo much better than the new STi.
    In fairness, last I heard we really don't know what the STI looks like, yet.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I thought Weasel555's avatar was the new STI hatch?

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Wait, the new Evo doesn't have the 4G63? Is it a different 2.0l?
    The moddability of the 4g, IMO was the biggest advantage the Evo had over the WRX/STi. Boo.

Although I do like the styling of the new Evo much better than the new STi. I still wouldn't buy either one of them: the Evo, due to the fact that it's still, after all, a Mitsubishi; and the new Subie because it looks like a Civic and a Mazda 3 5-door had a baby.
    An EVOX that EVO owners actually like!

In that thread someone said it will be a "mb11" i believe, its at the bottom of page 2

I Support ClubWRX
    I thought Weasel555's avatar was the new STI hatch?
    That's a rendering.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

That's a rendering.
    o0o i thought it was too!

That's a rendering.
    Gotcha, but it is supposed to be hatch only right? if they make a non hatch that may be a graduation present to myself further on but right now i might be going for the evo x depending on how the engine support goes if it is anything like the prior evo engine

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotcha, but it is supposed to be hatch only right? if they make a non hatch that may be a graduation present to myself further on but right now i might be going for the evo x depending on how the engine support goes if it is anything like the prior evo engine
    I believe it is correct that the U.S. will get the STI as a hatch only.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Isn't that a new Impreza up on the right of the ClubWRX logo at the top of the web page? I'm sure the STi isn't going to look THAT much different. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by xMDXwrx
    In that thread someone said it will be a "mb11" i believe, its at the bottom of page 2
    Rats. Then I wouldn't consider buying the X for at least a few years. The 4G was pretty much the only reason I'd buy any previous model Evo.
    It does look pretty aggressive though.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

I Support ClubWRX
    Isn't that a new Impreza up on the right of the ClubWRX logo at the top of the web page? I'm sure the STi isn't going to look THAT much different. Who knows?
    I consider the STI versions of both the blob and the vag to be much better looking than the standard issue WRX's. :shrug:
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I consider the STI versions of both the blob and the vag to be much better looking than the standard issue WRX's. :shrug:
    so true, I see an 07 STi at my dealership every day I go to school/work and i shiver every time I see it.

I want to take it for a test drive and go play in the dirt with it...

New EVO engine is 4B11 and yes it's a 2.0. Should be 300+ hp. The part that Mitsu messed up on was they should have given all the EVO's 6 speeds with the MR having the paddle shifters, IMO.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast