WRX TR vs. RSX type-s - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX TR vs. RSX type-s within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i always hear that street racing is stupid, and take it to the track... i probably would race more at ...

i always hear that street racing is stupid, and take it to the track... i probably would race more at the track if it didnt take me almost 2 hours to get there...

If im doing some driving around, and i happen to bump into another rider that wants to go for a quick run down at the lights. I'll do it if there isnt cars around. Obviously i dont race in trafffic, and i dont race w/ a full car. Not only is there to many ppl involved but the cars slow as fawk. And braking blows to, feels like im driving a rig. lol

-1 for racing w/ a full car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

06 wrx vs 06 rsx type s

on a roll
    my car, k&N CAI, CATBACK.
    rsx, tein coil spring, CAI, racing header, catback, and k pro aka hondata.

15mph roll, i got him 1st and 2nd gear, 3 gear, he started to pulled on me, and i'll say he beat me by a car.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_06 View Post
    on a roll
    my car, k&N CAI, CATBACK.
    rsx, tein coil spring, CAI, racing header, catback, and k pro aka hondata.

15mph roll, i got him 1st and 2nd gear, 3 gear, he started to pulled on me, and i'll say he beat me by a car.

That RSX will own you any day of the week. He apparently researched and properly modded his Type-S. A CAI and cat back does absolutely nothing to add any kind of power to a WRX. Research your car. Then modify it.

Take the CAI off and put the stock air box back on, put a down pipe on it, and get a Cobb AP and flash to stage 2. You will pull on that RSX like a tow truck.

Edit: When you put a downpipe on it, either get a catted one or if you go catless, have a professional port the wastegate, otherwise you will get boost creep.
    Last edited by SuckTheBruce; 05-18-2007 at 11:27 PM.
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckTheBruce View Post

Take the CAI off and put the stock air box back on, put a down pipe on it, and get a Cobb AP and flash to stage 2. You will pull on that RSX like a tow truck.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he will pull on it like a tow truck. A properly driven RSX-S with those mods will trap over 100mph and would probably run right with a well driven stage2 WRX. My friends RSX-S with intake, exhaust, race header, intake manifold, and Hondata Kpro w/ custom tune will run next to STi's and 350Z's from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he will pull on it like a tow truck. A properly driven RSX-S with those mods will trap over 100mph and would probably run right with a well driven stage2 WRX. My friends RSX-S with intake, exhaust, race header, intake manifold, and Hondata Kpro w/ custom tune will run next to STi's and 350Z's from a roll.
    really? uh oh. My good friend has I/H/E type S and it hauls, but from a 40mph roll, i scat all over him. It's much closer from a 10 mph roll. His 1st and 2nd gears are insane. He's getting hondata really soon too
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #088
    2006 WRX Tr Stage 2

unless u are in a v8 GT mustang, 5 people in ur car, will kill the acceleration. I raced a mustang GT before he had 4 people in the car, and it was just me in my rex, and he still owned me from a roll. this just shows that size of the engine does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    unless u are in a v8 GT mustang, 5 people in ur car, will kill the acceleration. I raced a mustang GT before he had 4 people in the car, and it was just me in my rex, and he still owned me from a roll. this just shows that size of the engine does matter.
    say huh? my wrx beats gt mustangs pre 05 with ease, and i run with 05 06 mustangs when it is just us in our own cars... what year do you have and how modded was this mustang? and best question yet why the hell would there be 5 people in a mustang?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

1 car length ain't that bad. That's just bad r.t. on a short race. Take him from a dig next time...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyez_ View Post
    The 06+ WRX's are putting down more like 190-200whp, but I still wouldnt have raced with a carfull of dudes...
    +1 I put a DP and went stage 2 with the AP. The dyno read 222hp and 278 lb-ft at the wheel afterwards. But yeah, why bother to impress your buds when they're weighing u down.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88 View Post
    really? uh oh. My good friend has I/H/E type S and it hauls, but from a 40mph roll, i scat all over him. It's much closer from a 10 mph roll. His 1st and 2nd gears are insane. He's getting hondata really soon too
    Tell him to get Hondata and tune and I bet he he stays even with your from a roll.
    Just call me Clark Kent

or a turbo.

He's getting hondata in a few weeks. I think he said he is using his first paycheck from his new job. I talked him out of getting a turbo.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #088
    2006 WRX Tr Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    Tell him to get Hondata and tune and I bet he he stays even with your from a roll.
    K-pro is better.
    -Gary-
    07' UGM STi "Hawk-Eye Alliance #074"
    90' DA6
    90' EF

Quote Originally Posted by WRX88 View Post
    He's getting hondata in a few weeks. I think he said he is using his first paycheck from his new job. I talked him out of getting a turbo.
    Good, I never understood the point of a turbo on that car.

With the right bolt on's and good EM the car will run high 13's and trap over 100mph and IMO that is kinda where it should stop. When I was in the Honda scene back in my GSR days I knew guys with turbo RSX-S's and GSR's and the compression was too high and stuff was always breaking and they couldn't get any traction until 3rd gear. My bolt on GSR beat my friends Turbo GSR up until 50mph (where he of course blew by me).

RSX-S is a good car and can be made a great car with bolt on's, EM, brakes, and suspension. Anything more is overkill.
    Just call me Clark Kent

the type s is amazing car, i had i/h/e hondata and typer intake manifold.but its just not enough, thats why im tradin it in and getting an sti. but i had a friend with a stage 2 turbo on his rsx. woah was that **** fast, but the fwd killed it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.