WRx vs. STi
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRx vs. STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 45 - 100mph Race started in 2nd gear with STi pulling instantly by almost a car (STi's powerband?). My car ...

WRx vs. STi

45 - 100mph

Race started in 2nd gear with STi pulling instantly by almost a car (STi's powerband?). My car slowly gained on him until we both shut down around 100mph. My car's front bumper was around where his fender was.

I was quite surprised with the outcome because I thought my car could pull harder than that. My car put down 282whp at the dyno.

Has anyone else raced stock STi with stage 4 WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

then that sti cant be stock. a stock sti puts down about 235 to 245 stock whp (at least where i am at 5000 ft with a 1.15 correction factor). if u put down 282 you should have walked by. cobb's site has a stock sti putting down 238hp/248tq. its a mustang dyno but im still surprised at the top end. i guess he got the jump from the extra .5 liters. u sure he was stock?

+ 1 u sure he was stock ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

non-stock FTW
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX View Post
    45 - 100mph

Race started in 2nd gear with STi pulling instantly by almost a car (STi's powerband?). My car slowly gained on him until we both shut down around 100mph. My car's front bumper was around where his fender was.

I was quite surprised with the outcome because I thought my car could pull harder than that. My car put down 282whp at the dyno.

Has anyone else raced stock STi with stage 4 WRX?
    From a roll I have pulled on stock EVO/STI - he wasn't stock or something was up
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

im thinking sleeper
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    im thinking sleeper
    sleepers FTW

I rarely call my WRX a sleeper, I usually refer to it as my daily driver. But friends and strangers have made the "nice sleeper" comment to me many times.... makes me smile! My younger brother however keeps telling me to do paint, bodykit/lip, and rims - but I'm leaving it the way it is for now.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Nice sleeper.

A little(okay, a lot) OT, but I've been entertaining the thought of purchasing an older 2.5rs, '99, most likely. And swapping a 2.5l STi block into it, plus tranny, and all the essentials.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Nice sleeper.

A little(okay, a lot) OT, but I've been entertaining the thought of purchasing an older 2.5rs, '99, most likely. And swapping a 2.5l STi block into it, plus tranny, and all the essentials.
    That's cool - but very expensive. Hood/Trunk swap on a WRX/STI with a black FMIC - you'd have a great sleeper, for less trouble and money.

Touche.

Thing is, I was planning on the rs being my daily for a few years while I go to college, THEN do the swap.
    Or, just buy an STi. hahah.
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Touche.

Thing is, I was planning on the rs being my daily for a few years while I go to college, THEN do the swap.
    Or, just buy an STi. hahah.
    How many times do you touche a day?

I want to make my WRX a sleeper when i get out of college go front mount big turbo and stock impreza hood/trunk
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

...Touche.

I actually read that wrong the first time, and saw "How many time do you douche a day?"

Cracked me up.
    But you're right, I do it a lot. It's become a rather annoying habit of mine. Next time I say it, e-slap me, or something.

Sleeper FTW!
    I just love the 99 rs body style. Very few people look at it and think, "Oooh! That's a faaaast car!" or something of that sort.

sti and wrx compression comparison

what the compression ratio on an 04 sti and an 07 wrx....

I actually just raced my buddy in his 07 STi today and got him all three times.
    Once from a stop.
    Twice from about 35.

I have a catted DP and I'm running a 91 Stage 2 map.
    These were all close, almost dead even, really. But, hey "any racer knows, rather you win by an inch or a mile it's still a win" (or whatever the hell he says.....bwuahaha

I was surprised. I thought he would still get me pretty bad. It seemed I always got the jump on him and then we just stayed that amount apart.
    -Jake
    07 WRX TR.

Quote Originally Posted by wellhung View Post
    I actually just raced my buddy in his 07 STi today and got him all three times.
    Once from a stop.
    Twice from about 35.

I have a catted DP and I'm running a 91 Stage 2 map.
    These were all close, almost dead even, really. But, hey "any racer knows, rather you win by an inch or a mile it's still a win" (or whatever the hell he says.....bwuahaha

I was surprised. I thought he would still get me pretty bad. It seemed I always got the jump on him and then we just stayed that amount apart.
    Congrats, i have always said a stage 2 WRX should match or at least be close to a stock STI power.. but beating him from a roll and a dig?

From a dig, tell your friend to learn to launch with his bullet proof tranny

From a roll, he has a bigger turbo so he should have alot better top end

If you say it happened i believe it, but your friend needs to learn his STI and go again
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast