WRx vs. STi - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRx vs. STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im not totally surprised by the outcome. From a dig, since he can't launch, your boost is coming on WAY ...

Im not totally surprised by the outcome. From a dig, since he can't launch, your boost is coming on WAY sooner than his so while hes still building boost you're pulling away. If he launched hard it would be a lot closer, but hey that's driving. From a roll it depends on how fast u go. When my sti was stock, my roommate's 06 wrx was stage 2. we raced from 20 to only 75. he pulled first since his boost is hitting sooner, i caught him and passed half a car as i went through 3rd gear, 4th i continued passing then we shut down. your boy needs some practice driving and that should close the gap. a poorly driven sti is easy prey for a well driven stg 2 rex.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I agree that he could use some work on his driving skills.

He spun all four off the line and then had to back off and regroup.
    I really got him good on that one. But, like I said, once he got going, it was like dead even.

He still wont trade me straight up though...

-Jake
    07 WRX TR.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6 View Post
    a poorly driven sti is easy prey for a well driven stg 2 rex.
    + 1
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

hi guys, i have an opporunity to buy an 06 wrx or a 04 sti, which one should i buy, the wrx has 7k miles and is 22000$, when the sti has 28k miles and is 18000$. i already had an 06 wrx and i loved it but i could never race my friends who had sti's because there was no point. which one should i buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rykin View Post
    hi guys, i have an opporunity to buy an 06 wrx or a 04 sti, which one should i buy, the wrx has 7k miles and is 22000$, when the sti has 28k miles and is 18000$. i already had an 06 wrx and i loved it but i could never race my friends who had sti's because there was no point. which one should i buy?
    Get the STi, it's cheaper. This, of course, is assuming that it's not too terribly beaten up.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    ...Touche.

I actually read that wrong the first time, and saw "How many time do you douche a day?"

Cracked me up.
    But you're right, I do it a lot. It's become a rather annoying habit of mine. Next time I say it, e-slap me, or something.

Sleeper FTW!
    I just love the 99 rs body style. Very few people look at it and think, "Oooh! That's a faaaast car!" or something of that sort.

*E-slaps you like an Italian mother* "This is for when you do it and I don't catch you.* lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmp2006 View Post
    Get the STi, it's cheaper. This, of course, is assuming that it's not too terribly beaten up.

Right assuming it wasnt beat on, I say if you really realyl want an STi get the 04, but i would get the 06 WRX just because its newer and has a lot more kinks worked out.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

If you can afford the STI's insurance i say go STI for sure
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12