WRX vs Mustang Bullitt
Results 1 to 14 of 14

This is a discussion on WRX vs Mustang Bullitt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; (Title is wrong I think it was a Bullitt now that I look at it on edmunds) Im driving home ...

  1. #1
    Registered User phobiarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Hartford, CT
    Posts
    158

    WRX vs Mustang Bullitt

    (Title is wrong I think it was a Bullitt now that I look at it on edmunds)

    Im driving home today when a blacked out mustang (I think Bullitt) flys by me in the truck lane before it went to a single lane. I followed him a bit and when it went back to 2 lanes I dropped down a gear and attempted to pull up beside him but as soon as he saw me coming he floored it and tried to take off on me. I gunned it and slowly but surely walked by him and got completely by him before it went back to 1 lane and I slowed back down to normal speeds. He then goes over the double yellows and flys by me flashing the bird .

    WRX with a TBE 1, A$$hole in Mustang 0.
    Last edited by phobiarg; 05-01-2007 at 12:41 PM.
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    Quote Originally Posted by phobiarg View Post
    Im driving home today when a blacked out mustang (I think Bullitt) flys by me in the truck lane before it went to a single lane. I followed him a bit and when it went back to 2 lanes I dropped down a gear and attempted to pull up beside him but as soon as he saw me coming he floored it and tried to take off on me. I gunned it and slowly but surely walked by him and got completely by him before it went back to 1 lane and I slowed back down to normal speeds. He then goes over the double yellows and flys by me flashing the bird .

    WRX with a TBE 1, A$$hole in Mustang 0.
    hmm. im not sure on this one. maybe it was an automatic? do you have an engine management with your TBE?

    i dont race much but did race a 2004 stang GT with an exhaust from a 2nd gear roll (guy from work) and we were dead even from low 2nd to early 3rd..and I am stage 2. we did the whole countdown thing and neither jumped..of course i had some lag that didnt help, but our mirrors were even all thru 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  4. #3
    Registered User phobiarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Hartford, CT
    Posts
    158
    It could have been auto, I have no EM. I dont know what to tell yah, I walked by him and he was sitting there staring at me go. I have no reason to make this up but w/e it was a hell of an adreneline rush.
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    CaLi
    Posts
    442
    i believe it. good kill man.

  6. #5
    GraysonSubaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Posts
    4,686
    just makes me wonder because the Mach 1 is supposed to be a step over the GT.

    highway speed rolls with a V8 stang should walk on a TBE only WRX...heck, pretty sure even on a stage 2 (2.0L) at decent starting speed. so i dont know if it may have been an automatic or he started in the wrong gear...especially with you not having any type of engine management.

    WRX's are definitely not highway monsters...even an STI isnt -- especially if you get into even slightly modified V8 cars. stock turbos just dont have the highend pull that an 18g or bigger would have
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

  7. #6
    Registered User phobiarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Hartford, CT
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    just makes me wonder because the Mach 1 is supposed to be a step over the GT.

    highway speed rolls with a V8 stang should walk on a TBE only WRX...heck, pretty sure even on a stage 2 (2.0L) at decent starting speed. so i dont know if it may have been an automatic or he started in the wrong gear...especially with you not having any type of engine management.

    WRX's are definitely not highway monsters...even an STI isnt -- especially if you get into even slightly modified V8 cars. stock turbos just dont have the highend pull that an 18g or bigger would have
    Yeah, title is wrong, I think it was a Bullitt not a Mach 1.
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

  8. #7
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    Nice run!

    but on a side note please get EM soon you will thank yourself power and reliability both
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  9. #8
    Registered User phobiarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Hartford, CT
    Posts
    158
    Working on getting a tactrix cable atm
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

  10. #9
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by phobiarg View Post
    Working on getting a tactrix cable atm
    Good call
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  11. #10
    Registered User D0WNxSH1FT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Westchester Cnty, NY
    Posts
    6,545
    title fixored.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

  12. #11
    Registered User ScstealthVR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Currently CO (CA orig.)
    Posts
    935
    i think the bullitt had only 5hp more than a GT from the same year. 305? i guess if youre at the advertised 285 hp for stg 2 it would be close. if theyre heavy itd be close.

  13. #12
    Registered User phobiarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Hartford, CT
    Posts
    158
    265bhp actually. 0-60 in 5.9 according to edmunds
    2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 (sold)
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

  14. #13
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by phobiarg View Post
    265bhp actually. 0-60 in 5.9 according to edmunds
    5.9 ewww
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  15. #14
    Registered User ScstealthVR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Currently CO (CA orig.)
    Posts
    935
    wow thats like stock 06 rex numbers. hope i find one soon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •