WRX vs. Evo MR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Evo MR within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the MR is the IX by the way, and the MR is way much faster then the RS. with the ...

Banned
    the MR is the IX by the way, and the MR is way much faster then the RS. with the 6spd, the gear ratio is closer for faster acceleration. Ever driven one before, the MR that is? An Sti I think with its 6spd prob. has close similarites with the MR 6spd.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

False. RS runs the faster times, faster car, period

and his car is not faster then the car he beat either.

and his car is not faster then the car he beat either.
    I completely agree, he took me for a ride last night and that thing pulls hard through redline, unlike the td04 which dies at the top end. He isn't the best driver ever but he isn't the worste, I am just better. I also found out it isn't an MR it is a reg. evo9 with MR rims.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

there is nothing more I like than telling Noob's that MR's aren't the fastest evo's out of the box...it's hilarious...in fact they are the most practicle and def slower than the Evo RS...which is basically the race car evo for the hardcore evo drivers out there... I personally drive the reg IX and love every minute of it...
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

Your friend will pass you in the top end.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Quote Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91 View Post
    there is nothing more I like than telling Noob's that MR's aren't the fastest evo's out of the box...it's hilarious...in fact they are the most practicle and def slower than the Evo RS...which is basically the race car evo for the hardcore evo drivers out there... I personally drive the reg IX and love every minute of it...
    I remember one of the major auto mags (R&T... MT?) doing a comparison test between all three Evo models back around the '05 model year or so, and IIRC the RS was slowest around the road course (mostly due to it's lack of downforce, I believe).

I can't remember who came out on top between the other two though. I'm going to have to see if I can find my copy of it.

BTW, this isn't to say that the RS wouldn't be fastest in straight line speed, as the lack of rear wing, and consequently drag, might help it in that capacity.

[EDIT] Found the article online. It was Motor Trend, and the test was on the 2005 models. While the RS was fastest off the line, it lost that advantage once it got into the corners. The final results were:

1. - MR
    2. - Evo VIII (GSR)
    3. - RS

Here's the article - pretty good read with a lot of technical data to sift through:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...er_comparison/
    Last edited by Geese1; 04-28-2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Found the article
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

Your friend will pass you in the top end.
    He def. should, but when we raced I was still pulling on him.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

i was talking about in a straight line because the race that started the thread took place in a straight line, i remember reading the article you are pointing out but the RS has the same engine and sheds extra pounds comign out of the box...
    Graphite Grey Evo 9

-1600 dollars in Mods...

equals 11.86....and only getting lower....

No problem.

I just don't like gross generalizations where people say one version of the Evo is faster than the other without any further clarification. So much is dependent on what type of racing you're talking about.
    "The way a press launch for a new car works is, a car manufacturer flies a group of automotive journalists to a nice location, pays their expenses, wines and dines them for several days, and lets them drive the new car all over the place. Then they go home and write objective stories."

- Dave Barry

The 5pd is better than the 6spd for 1/4 mile racing. The difference between all 3 is so negligible it's actually kinda dumb to argue about it.

And I have the MR so I would hope that my car is faster. It's not really. Even if it was, it's not enough to brag about.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

I believe it. I've got a FXT with the OTS Cobb stg 2 map and pulled a 12.99@104.2. That should be able to hold off an Evo IX til 100 or more. I did the same thing to a stock Evo IX from a 5mph roll...just walked past him.

The TD04 is quite the capable little snail...lol.
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12