04 wagon vs. g35

This is a discussion on 04 wagon vs. g35 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I had to pull a Saturday at work this weekend. So at 9:00am heading to work on the 91 west ...

04 wagon vs. g35

I had to pull a Saturday at work this weekend. So at 9:00am heading to work on the 91 west in Corona I spotted a gray G35 that looked familiar. As I pulled up next to him I noticed the stillen sticker in his back window. I had did a quick run with him 2 months prior. That run was at a Cobb stg.2 . He instantly put 2 cars from 40 and to 100 and it still looked like he was slowly pulling. He is not stock he has a exhaust system and some other stuff It looked like a e-manage on his dash. Car sounds nothing like a stock VQ engine. I have 2 neighbors with manual g35's and a friend at work so I am familiar with the car. Now that I have a TDC map and a Injen cai I wanted to see how I would fair. So when I pulled up behind him I heard him down shift. 2 sec later he hammers it. The look on his face was price less when he looked up and saw me still behind him. He slowed down and I pulled beside him trying to get a even run. As soon as I pull beside him he nails it again from like 75. He had 1-1/2 car from his jump but as soon as I hit fourth I started gaining. He shut it down at 100 and I was at his rear bumper. Tried to give him the thumbs up again but he wouldn't look in my direction. . If he was quicker it wasn't by as much as the first time so the tune is doing it job. Nice set-up though what ever he has. Next time I hope to be sporting a 16g on a Baily tune. I just hope he isn't FI by then.

Sorry for the length can't win them all.
    Last edited by IECaliwrx; 08-07-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the TDC stage 4 with a VF34/39?
    Jamie
    John 3:3
    XTi

Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    Is the TDC stage 4 with a VF34/39?
    Im not sure I am running TDC stg. 2. Which is just better map then the OTS cobb.
    TDC stg. 04 WrX Wagone