06 wrx vs Turbo Eclipse
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx vs Turbo Eclipse within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The guy rolled up on me and said he just got his car out of the shop and asked if ...

06 wrx vs Turbo Eclipse

The guy rolled up on me and said he just got his car out of the shop and asked if i would run him from second gear. Not exactly sure what year his car was but he had BOV and TBE not sure what else. I murked him by 1.5-2 cars by the end of third. Fun race wasnt sure what would happen from a roll I heard that boosted eclipses' are pretty quick. Today the WrX was teh FaStaR

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice

My friends GST puts down 320 fwhp so 0-60 i destroy him from his lack of hooking up. but by 100 he has 4 cars
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

DSM's= Super Fast, good race.
    Tuned by Jorge at P&L, 240.83whp 239.60wtq at 14.8psi on 2.0L with stock td04 (But doesn't run)

Quote Originally Posted by gfred024 View Post
    The guy rolled up on me and said he just got his car out of the shop and asked if i would run him from second gear. Not exactly sure what year his car was but he had BOV and TBE not sure what else. I murked him by 1.5-2 cars by the end of third. Fun race wasnt sure what would happen from a roll I heard that boosted eclipses' are pretty quick. Today the WrX was teh FaStaR
    Not sure what i gathered from this, but what model year Eclipse? I know supposedly the 00-05's now have some pretty powerful Turbos and Superchargers out there. I kind of want to see what one of them has. This guy that lives behind me on the other street just got a turbo kit for his 2003 Eclipse (automatic tranny) he hasn't installed it yet, but i'm curious to see how he would hold up.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    It was most likely a 1G or 2G Eclipse. They had stock turbos. Those things are monsters when modded, especially the GSX. It's AWD.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    It was most likely a 1G or 2G Eclipse. They had stock turbos. Those things are monsters when modded, especially the GSX. It's AWD.
    Yeah i figured it was a 1g or 2g, but i was curious to see if anyone has run into a turbocharged 3g yet.
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

i had the 99,gst that car was pretty quick... i got beat by a stage 2.5 04 sti by about 1 length...so i traded the car for a 05 sti

traction sucks on the gst's
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    i had the 99,gst that car was pretty quick... i got beat by a stage 2.5 04 sti by about 1 length...so i traded the car for a 05 sti

traction sucks on the gst's
    Dude i know Florida is a freaking hotbed for Turbo 3g Eclipses, because theres a guy called Russ "Tearstone" Sanderlin he builds the kits for them down there

http://tearstone.com/shop/
    Semper Fi

Military Militia #11

The 2G GSX's had the 4G63 engine right? (same as Evo?)

I wouldn't take all Eclipse's lightly, there's some crazy mofo power houses out there.

Banned
    my friend has an automatic gst modded. no turbo upgrade or anythng like that, just exhaust and intake. he wanted to race my vf39 turbo wrx..

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    The 2G GSX's had the 4G63 engine right? (same as Evo?)
    yupp 4g63 on the turboed ones
    gst & gsx
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

w00t w00t!

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    Dude i know Florida is a freaking hotbed for Turbo 3g Eclipses, because theres a guy called Russ "Tearstone" Sanderlin he builds the kits for them down there

http://tearstone.com/shop/
    yeah ive heard of him
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

Wait, wait, wait....did the OP actually use the word "murked"?!!!
    Car-less

^^^Yes, yes he did. Caught me off guard too.
    DSM's are nuts lol. Yeah, the 2g have the 4g63.
    Gst's are not a favorite of mine, they're kinda like the impreza base model of our cars. ...but still front wheel drive. Non-turbo + fwd= teh suXorZZzz.

Nice kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.