O6 Sti Vs 2007 MazdaSpeed3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on O6 Sti Vs 2007 MazdaSpeed3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was getting onto the freeway, an I check my blindspot as I merge onto the traffic lanes and I ...

O6 Sti Vs 2007 MazdaSpeed3

I was getting onto the freeway, an I check my blindspot as I merge onto the traffic lanes and I see one of the new Mazda Speed 3's in the blue color they have (which looks kinda nice by the way.)

He moved over a lane to make room for me, and gave it some gas. Had a nice sounding exhaust. So I dropped the hammer, and could only put about a car on him all the way to about 100 ish.

I was surprised at how well he hung in there. I only have a TBE on my Sti.

I do have to admit though, it had a nice deep tone to it(the MSPD3) not bad looking cars, my only complaint about the looks is the black mustache on the front bumper lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fa5tCoSti View Post
    I was getting onto the freeway, an I check my blindspot as I merge onto the traffic lanes and I see one of the new Mazda Speed 3's in the blue color they have (which looks kinda nice by the way.)

He moved over a lane to make room for me, and gave it some gas. Had a nice sounding exhaust. So I dropped the hammer, and could only put about a car on him all the way to about 100 ish.

I do have to admit though, it had a nice deep tone to it(the MSPD3) not bad looking cars, my only complaint about the looks is the black mustache on the front bumper lol
    Wow only a car on him, my freind has one and they are very slow. Must had been heavily moded.lol.
    Last edited by VDUBHEAD; 04-23-2007 at 04:52 PM.

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by VDUBHEAD View Post
    Wow only a car on him, my freind has one and they are very slow. Most had been heavily moded.lol.
    I thought they put down around 230 whp...? That + FWD on the highway sounds about right to me...
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD

Yeah it kinda surprised me. I was reading on one of their forums and some guys have been making north of 260hp and equal amounts of torque with bolt ons. IM asuming this one had at least a turbo back because his exhaust was a little loud for it just to be a cbe.

Who knows maybe it was a little further but its hard to tell when their kinda on the driverside and back there you know. IM not like turning my head around to gawk at how much I pulled on him so it might have been a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    I thought they put down around 230 whp...? That + FWD on the highway sounds about right to me...
    The Mazada 3? Sure dident fill like it, dont know much about them. Do they have diffent types of moters for them cause my friends mazada 3 is hell of slow..

The Mazada 3? Sure dident fill like it, dont know much about them. Do they have diffent types of moters for them cause my friends mazada 3 is hell of slow..
    I think your just used to teh german powA lol
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by PJO42387 View Post
    I think your just used to teh german powA lol
    haha yeah maybe..

Get EM to unlock the full power of that exhaust!

It might be a different story then
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

The Mazdaspeed3 is different than the Mazda3.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

haha well that makes more sence.. So there pretty quick then??? COOL!!

I Support ClubWRX
    haha well that makes more sence.. So there pretty quick then??? COOL!!
    A MS3 isnt anything to really snag at for what it is. They handle fairly well from what I've gathered also.

I'm kind of surprised the STI didnt pull a little bit harder from it unless he had some decent mods.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Don't they trap at like 101mph in the 1/4 that is going to give a an sti a run for its money.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

The Mazdaspeed3 has a turbocharged 2.3 inline 4, same engine as the Mazdaspeed6. The car stock makes 263 HP @5500rpm and 280 lb/ft @ 3000rpm.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...meter=features

As opposed to the regular Mazda3, which makes 156 hp/156tq, I'd say there is quite the difference...
    PICS & MODS

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHPAW View Post
    The Mazdaspeed3 has a turbocharged 2.3 inline 4, same engine as the Mazdaspeed6. The car stock makes 263 HP @5500rpm and 280 lb/ft @ 3000rpm.

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/disp...meter=features

As opposed to the regular Mazda3, which makes 156 hp/156tq, I'd say there is quite the difference...

Exactly. And you figure with powertrain loss plus the hp gain of a turboback, he should be pretty eben with a Stock Sti with just a turboback....not to mention I wouldnt be surprised if he actually weighed less. Heck given the parameters IM happy i stayed a car ahead lol

Exactly. And you figure with powertrain loss plus the hp gain of a turboback, he should be pretty eben with a Stock Sti with just a turboback....not to mention I wouldnt be surprised if he actually weighed less. Heck given the parameters IM happy i stayed a car ahead lol
    Yeppers. Good kill.
    PICS & MODS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast