93' fox body lx 5.0 mustang??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 93' fox body lx 5.0 mustang?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my friend has a 93' fox body(convertible) LX5.0 mustang all original with a catback exhaust. I am running stage2 with ...

93' fox body lx 5.0 mustang??

my friend has a 93' fox body(convertible) LX5.0 mustang all original with a catback exhaust. I am running stage2 with samco ic and inlet hoses and perrin crank pulley. He wants to hit the drag soon. who will win?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    my friend has a 93' fox body(convertible) LX5.0 mustang all original with a catback exhaust. I am running stage2 with samco ic and inlet hoses and perrin crank pulley. He wants to hit the drag soon. who will win?
    If he is 100% stock you will probaly take him. Most of the mustangs in stock form I see at the track are lucky to be in low 14's just because people cant drive them. If it's an auto then he problay has a 15 second car if it's stock due to the weight.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

yeah, just make sure he's not tugging your happy parts.

Tire cutout and gas and that thing will move.

I Support ClubWRX
    Stock 5.0= 270ish HP. You'll kill him from a dig as long as you launch well.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Stock 5.0= 270ish HP. You'll kill him from a dig as long as you launch well.
    The fox bodys werent even rated that high.

A stock 93 5.0 LX is a high 14 second car at best stock new, the autos were low 16 second cars stock new, now you are talking about a car that is nearly 15 years old, i would put money on it that he does not even break into the 14s, i have two friends that both had 5.0 LX's one was a hardtop the other a convert, they were both basically stock and raced one another at the track last year. Both were driven by very good drivers (one won his class in some sort of street racing with a 4.6 mustang) anyway both cars were in the low 15s, one ran a 15.1 as its best the other a 15.3 from 94-96mph. By the way the car had 205hp at the time.

The 1993 Mustang GT was the last of the breed of Fox-chassis based 5.0L’s. Production for 1993 increased slightly by 5,656 units perhaps because of this. Although there were no mechanical changes from 1992 to 1993 (aside from hypereutectic pistons replacing the previous forged aluminum pistons), both the horsepower and torque ratings dropped for ‘93 - horsepower by 20 and torque by 25.

205 HP @ 4200 RPM
    275 ft/lb @ 3000 RPM

So if you can drive your car you will beat him from a dig by a ton and you will still walk him from a roll.
    Last edited by elohdaeh78; 04-21-2007 at 08:55 AM.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

Dead stock I beat my buddy and his 90 fox body by a whole car at the local 1/8th mile strip. Granted it was cold out and he was having a hard time catching traction and it's an auto...but still just goes to show you displacement isn't everything.
    HawkEye Alliance#35

What year WRX do you have?

Either way you should beat him bad at the track.

I ran with a 5.0 with I/H/E and tune from a roll, he pulled like 1-2 cars on me when i was stage one so dig and minus mods i think you could take a mustang quite easily just get a good launch and its done
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I raced a modded 5.0 from a dig. I was stage2 and he was about a fender behind. pretty close

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PWNX0RZ View Post
    I raced a modded 5.0 from a dig. I was stage2 and he was about a fender behind. pretty close
    This is a very broad statement considering they can be modded anywhere from 250-700whp and still be considered streetable.

true, its vague as for i dont know the mods that he has. but most of us are near, at, or been stage2 so i guess it provides some sort of idea.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.