WRX vs C43?

This is a discussion on WRX vs C43? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a 06 WRX (not sti... Needed a wagon.) and a buddy of mine is getting a MB C43(Not ...

WRX vs C43?

I have a 06 WRX (not sti... Needed a wagon.) and a buddy of mine is getting a MB C43(Not sure what year). Its my understanding that the car is around the same weight and a V8 damn near 300hp and tq. I'm in the prosses of modding my car. Planning on hitting stage 2 by the time he gets the car (end of the summer). Think I stand any chance while racing his car? From a dig I "know" I got him since I'm pretty consistant on a great launch. But how do you think I'd fare? Think it'd be a drivers race or I'd get crushed (both my heart and pride) If I ain't going to fare well, sti here i come lol
    oh and he would be buying a stock C43. Once we start modding that, I think I'll have to go for the sti.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #181

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you get your wagon to Stage 2 before the race you should be OK from a dig with a good launch. From a roll, odds are pretty good that he'll still hand you your @ss. If that doesn't sit well with you then you could get an STi and see if you fare any better although I don't quite understand why beating your friend's C43 is a deciding factor for getting an STi.

Anyway, good luck.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by NashWRX View Post
    I have a 06 WRX (not sti... Needed a wagon.) and a buddy of mine is getting a MB C43(Not sure what year). Its my understanding that the car is around the same weight and a V8 damn near 300hp and tq. I'm in the prosses of modding my car. Planning on hitting stage 2 by the time he gets the car (end of the summer). Think I stand any chance while racing his car? From a dig I "know" I got him since I'm pretty consistant on a great launch. But how do you think I'd fare? Think it'd be a drivers race or I'd get crushed (both my heart and pride) If I ain't going to fare well, sti here i come lol
    oh and he would be buying a stock C43. Once we start modding that, I think I'll have to go for the sti.
    Sorry for the noob question whats a mb c43?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    Sorry for the noob question whats a mb c43?

Mercedes C43
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

here are the specs, may be close once you get some mods but who knows:
    http://www.edmunds.com/used/1999/mer...838/specs.html

dig = teh WRX

roll = driver's race

(thanks for the specs and answering what car it was )
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

yeah I think 2000 is the last year that model was available so it shouldn't be too different based on what year he gets. if your rex is a manual chances are you'll take him based on the fact the mb weighs a little more + auto